GUILTY TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #13

Yes it is disgusting- it would be ok if shehd to serve the the full 55 years, but she doesn't- she will serve MAYBE half that sentence and then she is out of prison---
For me, it all goes back to last week's very MISLEADING press release by the DA's office where Garza carefully revealed MF would be pleading guilty on 1/31:

DA Garza stated they negotiated a 55-year sentence and MF waived her appeal rights. And then adds how the plea deal will save the family from potentially decades of litigation.

Except DA Garza conveniently left out how all the other charges were dropped and the capital murder charge downgraded!

He left out that MF's negotiated plea deal made MF eligible for parole release after completing 50% of her sentence!

Facts matter -- to everybody. MOO

I remember the height of the search for Heidi and the baby, and actually many of us following when LE closed in on Magen at that house. The deception of that woman going into the labor room pretending to be a friend! Magen has a long sentence in front of her. I think her sentence is close to LWOP anyways. Glad the legal part is not hanging over the family now, and they can move on. Heidi will never be forgotten.

1675559264254.png
Heidi Broussard, pictured, was killed and her infant daughter was kidnapped by her childhood friend Magen Feiramusca in Texas in 2019. Fieramusca was sentenced to 55 years in prison after pleading guilty to the 2019 murder. Photo courtesy of the Austin Police Department/Facebook© of the Austin Police Department/Facebook

STOLEN

THE MURDER OF HEIDI BROUSSARD
Premieres Sat., Sept. 23 at 8/7c; Stream Next Day

About the Movie

Based on a true story of best friends Magen (Emily Osment) and Heidi (Anna Hopkins) who have known each other for a decade. Pretending to be pregnant at the same time as her friend, Magen makes the journey from Houston to Austin to be by Heidi’s side once she learns she is ready to give birth. However, when Heidi goes missing with her newborn daughter just a few weeks after giving birth, suspicions about Magen’s loyalty and her true intentions are questioned. Authorities begin to suspect that she is hiding a huge secret as they begin to uncover her twisted and elaborate plan. Ian Lake and Briar Nolet also star. (2023)

Preview at the link

STOLEN

About the Movie

Based on a true story of best friends Magen (Emily Osment) and Heidi (Anna Hopkins) who have known each other for a decade. Pretending to be pregnant at the same time as her friend, Magen makes the journey from Houston to Austin to be by Heidi’s side once she learns she is ready to give birth. However, when Heidi goes missing with her newborn daughter just a few weeks after giving birth, suspicions about Magen’s loyalty and her true intentions are questioned. Authorities begin to suspect that she is hiding a huge secret as they begin to uncover her twisted and elaborate plan. Ian Lake and Briar Nolet also star. (2023)

Preview at the link
Thanks for the heads up- I will try to watch- though it will be painful ---

STOLEN

About the Movie

Preview at the link
Bumping ^^^

1695515054780.png

Stolen Baby: The Murder of Heidi Broussard
Based on a true story of best friends Magen and Heidi
who have known each other for a decade.

Too painful!
I can usually watch or read anything but Heidi’s horrific murder shook me.
Had a daughter pregnant at the time who’d moved into a different area & making new friends
Just seemed so extra vulnerable!

Bumping ^^^

View attachment 448985

Stolen Baby: The Murder of Heidi Broussard
Based on a true story of best friends Magen and Heidi
who have known each other for a decade.

I’m watching it now and I already don’t like that they have Heidi as a brunette. And the baby’s name is different??

I’m watching it now and I already don’t like that they have Heidi as a brunette. And the baby’s name is different??
IMO, not well caste even for Lifetime!
But the rub was the sympathetic, near-victim portrayal of MF... Wth? o_O
My best wishes remain with Heidi's extended family and friends left to endure this horrific betrayal by MF.

My best wishes remain with Heidi's extended family and friends left to endure this horrific betrayal by MF.
Yeah they did a horrible job. It’s based on a true story, why change the main character names.

Lifetime did the same with the Sherri Papini movie. Made it seem like Sherri just snapped b/c she had to perfect all the time instead of just being a narcissistic liar. This one wasn’t very good either. Although it did give me sympathy for the boyfriend/fiancé/husband (I can’t remember what exactly they were) b/c I remembered how a lot of people thought he was guilty.

I followed this case from the start, but let it go when it came to MF's trial. 1696629124130.png . . . As far as I know, and from the photos, Heidi was a brunette. That's really unimportant to the true story anyways. Heidi was the main character and they didn't change her name.

I agree about the baby's name being different, and double checked because it bothered me, too. Then, I thought about it and I figured perhaps that was to protect the baby. Or maybe the family calls her by a different name now. Doesn't make a big difference to the story really.

I thought Lifetime did a decent enough job. It was a movie after all. If you want the exact facts you come here to WS. The movie left me with the same horrified feeling as the reality of the case-- that Heidi's friend could do that to her. It left me sad that Heidi is gone and can't be with her baby. It certainly didn't make me feel sorry for MF. It left me sad for all Heidi's Family, & Friends losing Heidi, such a beautiful person.

I followed this case from the start, but let it go when it came to MF's trial. View attachment 451962 . . . As far as I know, and from the photos, Heidi was a brunette. That's really unimportant to the true story anyways. Heidi was the main character and they didn't change her name.

I agree about the baby's name being different, and double checked because it bothered me, too. Then, I thought about it and I figured perhaps that was to protect the baby. Or maybe the family calls her by a different name now. Doesn't make a big difference to the story really.

I thought Lifetime did a decent enough job. It was a movie after all. If you want the exact facts you come here to WS. The movie left me with the same horrified feeling as the reality of the case-- that Heidi's friend could do that to her. It left me sad that Heidi is gone and can't be with her baby. It certainly didn't make me feel sorry for MF. It left me sad for all Heidi's Family, & Friends losing Heidi, such a beautiful person.
Her hair was a lighter color than the actress. Not sure why they’d need to protect the baby, her name was out there. It did make me feel some sympathy towards MF’s ex who was duped, but it was just.. it seemed to have not been able to capture the horrificness of what happened.

Just saw the story of Heidi Broussard-- It was on the series "Mean Girls"- on I.D.
The police did a great job of finding that monster-- pretty quickly. I had forgotten
That Heidi was found in the trunk of the car and how everyone thought Shane, Heidi's boyfriend was responsible. Heidi was so lovely and loving. Just one of the worst murder cases ever. Megan got 55 years in prison. Who knows how many years she will actually serve. Heidi's friends were inteviewed and said the baby is doing wonderfully.

Just saw the story of Heidi Broussard-- It was on the series "Mean Girls"- on I.D.
The police did a great job of finding that monster-- pretty quickly. I had forgotten
That Heidi was found in the trunk of the car and how everyone thought Shane, Heidi's boyfriend was responsible. Heidi was so lovely and loving. Just one of the worst murder cases ever. Megan got 55 years in prison. Who knows how many years she will actually serve. Heidi's friends were inteviewed and said the baby is doing wonderfully.
Thanks for mentioning this! I saw "Mean Girls" the other day when I was browsing through Max, but figured I was the wrong demographic. I followed this case fairly closely at that time. Watching the episode now.

Thanks for mentioning this! I saw "Mean Girls" the other day when I was browsing through Max, but figured I was the wrong demographic. I followed this case fairly closely at that time. Watching the episode now.
Interestingly I never watch Mean Girls- The title of the show seemed like something I would not be interested in: I just happened upon it while changing channels and was surprised it was the story of Heidi Broussard---

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back