TX TX - Houston, *GRAPHIC*, suicide, Wht/Hsp Male, 13-19, UP87935, found dead in bus, Jan'22

The identical mole above his right eyebrow and scar/indentation along the bridge of his nose has me convinced you’ve indeed found our guy. I’m a long time lurker but rare poster, and I haven’t seen a potential match THIS close before in the more than 10 years I’ve been reading the forums. Awesome work regardless if it’s him or not, but I truly believe it is. I’ll be genuinely shocked if he isn’t a match, if not our young Doe has one uncanny doppelgänger living just an hour away from where he was found. Timeline fits too. Depending on what he was arrested for, he could’ve been facing charges as an adult and decided to take matters into his own hands instead of potentially doing time. This is all JMO, tho.

Edited for typo

I have just returned to this post after a few weeks hoping for a development and my breathe is absolutely taken away….

This is by far. The biggest development, the closest match we have had by a mile. This is one where I could say I would be shocked if it wasn’t him.

I think everyone would agree with me here on that moment you see this comparison really does take your breathe away. Every feature seems identical beyond reasonable doubt. The scar, the mole on the eyebrows. The line across the bridge of the nose. Then the actual features of the face the nose is the same, the ears the eyes, everything just seems so identical.

If I’m being honest with all the other missing people I saw compared to him here I was like nowhere near not hopeful at all. Then this comes along…

I really do hope that the investigating teams take this seriously and confirm this. And give closure, to the family and to us. And finally give him a name on his grave so he can be remembered.

No evidence for either the decedent or the match. I believe the issue comes up often as a possible explanation for why a decedent goes unclaimed for long periods of time. In this case, 18 months.
I've observed that in some unclaimed cases there may be a language barrier, a deep seated fear (or contempt) of LE, or concerns of being asked questions they don't want to answer. Sadly, sometimes it comes down to the relatives not having the money to pay for burial or cremation, so they leave the remains unclaimed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

why do you say this
there's a ton of upsetting things about this -- this is such a young man, who clearly put a lot of effort into how he looked, and had a distinct look. He felt the need to take his own life and he should have been so identifiable but nobody has come forward to identify and claim him, whether that's because nobody knows him or because the people who could are afraid to step forward for one reason or another.

And if he IS the recently-arrested juvenile upthread, it means that the system has failed him on top of all of that.

It's an absolute bummer from most every angle :(

IF they are a match, maybe the fingerprints have to be compared both by software and manually, by a specially trained person, and that's in the works.

Or maybe they want to confirm by DNA and need to find his relatives before they can resolve the case.

I am just guessing here.

So sad that this thread has gone so quiet again, the tip was submitted in June? The threads been quiet since start of August and now it’s September.

Maybe it’s just a slow process, lots of beurocracy. I hope the long time is that they genuinely think this is a lead and they are following up on it.

So sad that this thread has gone so quiet again, the tip was submitted in June? The threads been quiet since start of August and now it’s September.

Maybe it’s just a slow process, lots of beurocracy. I hope the long time is that they genuinely think this is a lead and they are following up on it.
Yehh, I would love to see some movement in this case. It saddens me too. One thing I've learned, being around here, is patience. To put things in perspective. Houston, TX has 255 unidentified persons at the moment. All the work has to be done by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, if I'm right. They also assist other medical examiner’s offices with advanced services. https://www.cremation.green/which-texas-counties-have-medical-examiners/

They have to deal with a serious backlog. It's annoying at times. An interesting look into this: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...y-forensic-examiner-more-funding-18137840.php

I keep coming back to check on this case and think of it a lot. I also follow it on NAMUS and check to see if there is any Modifications on the profile. Last modification was January 26, 2023.

I am wondering how much red tape and backlog are holding up officially IDing this case.

MOO

I keep coming back to check on this case and think of it a lot. I also follow it on NAMUS and check to see if there is any Modifications on the profile. Last modification was January 26, 2023.

I am wondering how much red tape and backlog are holding up officially IDing this case.

MOO
I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes think that I missed a notification maybe. Every time I see a new post notification I hold my breath, cross my fingers and click. I look forward to the day he claims his name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back