TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Of course photos can be misleading, but she fits the height, weight, coloring, location as well. Hispanic surname but she looks like she's got some African ancestry and probably some native too.

The hair is really getting me too. Dark brown and wavy, exactly the same as Smurfette's...

Looks like DNA is in the works, sample submitted - tests not complete.
I did notice the difference in height on namus it says 65" but the missing person FB page lists her as 5'0" five inches is a pretty big difference when it comes to height, but I'm guessing she is probably closer to the shorter end. Her eyes are close-set, but that is really the only resemblance I see. However, the timeline really makes me think this could be her. She went missing late July 2012, didn't make it to namus until May 22, 2014, and it looks like the missing person FB page wasn't created until February 2013. I find it very odd that it had taken so long to get this girls information out there.

I got an email from houstonmom telling me to check out smurfettes thread, I woke up to my children watching The Smurfs cartoon this morning. Something just feels right about this PM. I think the weirdest part for me is that IF this is Odalis, she was found on my brothers birthday(10/16), and shares a birthday with myself(9/19)

Looks like DNA is in the works, sample submitted - tests not complete.
I did notice the difference in height on namus it says 65" but the missing person FB page lists her as 5'0" five inches is a pretty big difference when it comes to height, but I'm guessing she is probably closer to the shorter end. Her eyes are close-set, but that is really the only resemblance I see. However, the timeline really makes me think this could be her. She went missing late July 2012, didn't make it to namus until May 22, 2014, and it looks like the missing person FB page wasn't created until February 2013. I find it very odd that it had taken so long to get this girls information out there.

I got an email from houstonmom telling me to check out smurfettes thread, I woke up to my children watching The Smurfs cartoon this morning. Something just feels right about this PM. I think the weirdest part for me is that IF this is Odalis, she was found on my brothers birthday(10/16), and shares a birthday with myself(9/19)

I have a feeling about this girl too. I actually shed a tear at her photo, because I felt like I might actually (finally) be looking at Smurfette's face.

Oh wow. I think this is the best potential match we've had since Emely Gamez-Lopez.
I know I haven't posted here in a while, but Smurfette's thread is always the first link I check whenever I log on and I still search the databases for her. I still care about her very much.

I'm confused as to how we missed Odalis. You guys have found missing persons reports that were pretty obscure; I can't see you missing one as promising as this. I wonder if Odalis was just recently reported missing?

Oh wow. I think this is the best potential match we've had since Emely Gamez-Lopez.
I know I haven't posted here in a while, but Smurfette's thread is always the first link I check whenever I log on and I still search the databases for her. I still care about her very much.

I'm confused as to how we missed Odalis. You guys have found missing persons reports that were pretty obscure; I can't see you missing one as promising as this. I wonder if Odalis was just recently reported missing?

Not sure what took so long for her profile to show up on namus, it literally was posted 48hours ago. I followed the FB link houstonmom posted on the previous page, and was able to find Odalis mother. Her posts do NOT go back as far as July 2012, but there are recent posts from February of this year regarding her daughter; comments from friends went mainly like this "I didn't even know she was missing"

Sounds like she may have been considered a runaway by LE, and well; we all know how that goes.

If one of my kids went missing/ran away, I would move heaven and earth to find them from day one.

I would also be very interested indeed if a body was found in the area that potentially fitted the description of my child...

I wonder why that didn't happen in Odalis' case??

If one of my kids went missing/ran away, I would move heaven and earth to find them from day one.

I would also be very interested indeed if a body was found in the area that potentially fitted the description of my child...

I wonder why that didn't happen in Odalis' case??

After looking at the Facebook page, it sounds like her mother doesn't really know where to look or how to get help.

Maybe Odalis is that potential lead Dr. D mentioned. The only things that make me unsure about Odalis being a possible match for Smurfette is her nose and that she doesn't appear to be part black. The height on NamUs for Odalis doesn't really bug me. 5' 5" is only an inch above the average height for women and Odalis happens to be pretty skinny weight wise. I really hope Odalis being Smurfette isn't too good to be true.

After looking at the Facebook page, it sounds like her mother doesn't really know where to look or how to get help.

I agree. She is definitely looking for her daughter, unfortunately it is harder for some families to find the resources/help they need when looking for a missing person. A LOT of people don't even know about namus - including LE! I called LE regarding a different case and started rambling about namus and they were like "wait, what? Namus? What's that?"

We need less fast food commercials and more informative commercials for things like namus and ncmec.

Maybe Odalis is that potential lead Dr. D mentioned. The only things that make me unsure about Odalis being a possible match for Smurfette is her nose and that she doesn't appear to be part black. The height on NamUs for Odalis doesn't really bug me. 5' 5" is only an inch above the average height for women and Odalis happens to be pretty skinny weight wise. I really hope Odalis being Smurfette isn't too good to be true.

IMO if the nose in the second approximation is as accurate as Dr. D says it is, then I don't think Odalis is a match. Also, I do see the eye thing; however Odalis eyes IMO appear to be larger and slanted upwards while smurfettes look as though they slant downward. Although we can't really rely on eye shape due to the condition of the remains.

IMO if the nose in the second approximation is as accurate as Dr. D says it is, then I don't think Odalis is a match. Also, I do see the eye thing; however Odalis eyes IMO appear to be larger and slanted upwards while smurfettes look as though they slant downward. Although we can't really rely on eye shape due to the condition of the remains.

I thought that Dr D knew that the bridge of the nose was narrow, but couldn't be sure on the rest of the nose?

Or am I getting confused with a different case?

That odd sideways lighting (setting sun, it looks like) is casting some very strange shadows on her face. It makes the nose and chin both look wider than I think they might really be.

That odd sideways lighting (setting sun, it looks like) is casting some very strange shadows on her face. It makes the nose and chin both look wider than I think they might really be.

I just enlarged the picture and traced the lines of her nose with my mouse, and you are right. It is narrower than it appears at first glance.

So Should I send it in? or did some one send it in for me?

I don't know how to go about this, since I'm from Canada I don't think they'll take my report seriously (arm chair sleuth).

So Should I send it in? or did some one send it in for me?

I don't know how to go about this, since I'm from Canada I don't think they'll take my report seriously (arm chair sleuth).

I sent this information over to Dr. D this afternoon, she may be able to speed up the DNA process or at least directly compare Odalis' DNA to Smurfettes. Probably wont get a response until Tuesday as we have the three day weekend.

I sent this information over to Dr. D this afternoon, she may be able to speed up the DNA process or at least directly compare Odalis' DNA to Smurfettes. Probably wont get a response until Tuesday as we have the three day weekend.

Thank you for sending it in :) I wouldn't know who to call or where to begin. Every week I look at the most recent added cases and I always look for Smurfette, always have always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley