TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

This woman has really been around the block.

GW had 3 sons to Courtney Lee: Jordan, 15, Trevon, 10, and Kendrick, 8. The couple split up in 2012 and went their separate ways. He moved to Louisiana while she was living in the Houston area. Lee learned of his youngest son's horrific death on the news.

In 2013 she had a son, Ja’Veon, to Jonathan Kirklin. They went to high school together and reconnected several years later but never married. By this time GW had five other kids with three different fathers. Kirklin has been in and out of jail for the better part of the last decade. He's been convicted of felony domestic violence, DWI, felon in possession of a weapon and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

By 2016 Lee moved back to Texas and was seeing his boys on alternate weekends.

Meanwhile, GW had started seeing Darryl Towner, an ex-con she met at a local homeless shelter where she was living at the time with her children. They married in October 2017 and he he died in August 2019.

The grass didn't grow under GW's feet. She and Coulter had been together for a couple of years, so I imagine when Towner died it was out with the old and in with the new.

Her first partner, Lee, fills in more of the story from 2017 to 2020.

Father of Kendrick Lee said he found out about his son's death on the news | Daily Mail Online

The 10-year-old told them Coulter would “do the worst things ever” by wearing a square diamond ring with sharp points when he punched them. The boy said Coulter broke his jaw so he couldn't eat. He was malnourished when deputies rescued the boys.
[snip]
One bit of good news on Wednesday: the 10-year-old hospitalized with a broken jaw and other issues has been released from the hospital. He and his brothers are now in foster care and CPS says they’re together.

Search warrant: New details in case of abandoned children | khou.com

1st paragraph BBM - Coulter is a sadist who purposefully wore a specific ring in order to inflict the greatest damage while beating the children

2nd paragraph BBM - I am so happy the boys are together.

The 10-year-old told them Coulter would “do the worst things ever” by wearing a square diamond ring with sharp points when he punched them. The boy said Coulter broke his jaw so he couldn't eat. He was malnourished when deputies rescued the boys.
[snip]
One bit of good news on Wednesday: the 10-year-old hospitalized with a broken jaw and other issues has been released from the hospital. He and his brothers are now in foster care and CPS says they’re together.

1st paragraph BBM - Coulter is a sadist who purposefully wore a specific ring in order to inflict the greatest damage while beating the children

dear god. the square diamond rings DO have pointy corners. i know because i gouged my chin w my wedding ring. it was so bad, that i was referred to plastic sx by kaiser and they said i have to wait a year for the scar tissue to mature. that sadistic demon. those poor boys, who does that?

[snip]

I am so glad that the 15 yo found the courage to reach out and call for help.That is so brave of him!
If he didn’t did so,I think... they would be beaten till death.

Two days after LE found Kendrick’s skeletal remains and rescued the 3 boys, the couple visited a library to reportedly read online news articles about themselves.

Newly obtained video (through a public records request) shows them entering the library, walking up to a librarian and engaging her in a conversation. Williams is seen flashing a smile at her boyfriend. They’re then shown leaving the library and being arrested.

Video included

Houston House of Horrors couple seen in a library before arrest | Daily Mail Online

Two days after LE found Kendrick’s skeletal remains and rescued the 3 boys, the couple visited a library to reportedly read online news articles about themselves.

Newly obtained video (through a public records request) shows them entering the library, walking up to a librarian and engaging her in a conversation. Williams is seen flashing a smile at her boyfriend. They’re then shown leaving the library and being arrested.

Video included

Houston House of Horrors couple seen in a library before arrest | Daily Mail Online
Wow. So gross. I still can’t believe they were questioned and released…

We were all pretty shocked by that.

The sheriff held a presser and said, “It’s important to note that at that point it’s still an ongoing active investigation. We didn’t find them [Williams and Coulter] until late that night and so we have to make sure that we’re being thorough, not getting ahead of the evidence and the investigation that’s ongoing, and so at that point they were released without any charges.”

On Tuesday they charged Coulter with Kendrick’s murder and Williams with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence.

Coulter was being evaluated in a mental health unit. I won't be at all surprised if he isn't fit to plead.

<modsnip>

As a mother,I am disgusted she chose him above ,her children!

There is no greater love then you born ones, <modsnip>
So good for her 15 year old,that he choose his siblings and reported her to the police!
He and his siblings are truly heroes!
They endured so much,I hope and pray from my heart,that they find and gather their strength for a new life.
They have it im theirselves!

Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Coulter was being evaluated in a mental health unit. I won't be at all surprised if he isn't fit to plead.

Great. He was "competent" enough to have a driver's license, but not fit to stand trial?! Competent enough to perform activities of daily living, including beat kids, and hide it. But lacks mental capacity to understand his actions?

Mic drop. Completely disgusted.

[snip]

Finally something positive…I’m happy the boys are together. I think they need each other now.

That is a LOT of money per month in benefits. An opportunity to take really good care of your kids. Imagine instead the fear and horror they were forced to live with.

As a former teacher, I have always felt that if a family was eligible and receiving any type of entitlement benefits for children, that public school attendance should be mandatory, as part of the "benefit" package. After all, these children should have been receiving the highest level of services available.

JMO.

As a former teacher, I have always felt that if a family was eligible and receiving any type of entitlement benefits for children, that public school attendance should be mandatory, as part of the "benefit" package. After all, these children should have been receiving the highest level of services available.

JMO.

Yup.

100% agreement on this. Your kid makes it to school 60% of the time this month, other 40% unexcused?

Your benefit next month is 60% of typical benefit amount.

Attendance plus excused absence 95% or above? 100% benefits.

Maybe Mickey & I are jaded -- but attendance generally determines mastery of objectives.

I won't subject you to my lengthy Early Childhood Master's capstone project in handwriting -- but the kids with attendance above 93% achieved mastery of the objectives & exceeded the suggested score on the kindergarten entry screening.

Head Start students, folks, the poorest of the poor in any county.

jmPo ymmv lrr

Last edited:
"The final placement of the children remains undecided. In an unusual move, Williams voluntarily relinquished her parental rights during a Nov. 12 family court hearing, meaning she will never regain custody of her children.

The father of Williams’ two older boys attended the hearing with an attorney to express interest in getting custody of his boys. He is married and works in construction."

From Houston Chronicle:
The story of a struggling mom, her violent boyfriend and 3 kids abandoned with their brother's body

I am not at all surprised she relinquished her parental rights. Based on other children who became inconvenient being farmed out to relatives, and now that custody of these children is no longer beneficial to her, of course she did.

what a horrible woman, but I appreciate this small favor she has done her youngest children. Even though it is not meant to be favor to anyone but herself. Too bad she didn't do it before Kendrick ended up dead.

I am not at all surprised she relinquished her parental rights. Based on other children who became inconvenient being farmed out to relatives, and now that custody of these children is no longer beneficial to her, of course she did.

what a horrible woman, but I appreciate this small favor she has done her youngest children. Even though it is not meant to be favor to anyone but herself. Too bad she didn't do it before Kendrick ended up dead.
It's a horrible and haunting read.
I really feel so bad for these children. They were deprived of so many things.
I fear, the struggle and heartbreak will be ongoing, during their lifetime.

"The final placement of the children remains undecided. In an unusual move, Williams voluntarily relinquished her parental rights during a Nov. 12 family court hearing, meaning she will never regain custody of her children.

The father of Williams’ two older boys attended the hearing with an attorney to express interest in getting custody of his boys. He is married and works in construction."

From Houston Chronicle:
The story of a struggling mom, her violent boyfriend and 3 kids abandoned with their brother's body
how i despise paywalls.... anyone have another link ior can share exerpts?

There are no words to describe how depraved this couple is and I hope the judge hands down the maximum sentence available to each of them.

As for his so-called “mother”, I looked up the possible sentence. “Injury to a child by omission is a felony in Texas and if found guilty, she could face stiff fines and/or up to life in prison".

It’s worth reading this: I can’t see that she has any defence at all, but I'm not a lawyer.

Affirmative Defense Against Injury to a Child by Omission Charges Texas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back