TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

"The final placement of the children remains undecided. In an unusual move, Williams voluntarily relinquished her parental rights during a Nov. 12 family court hearing, meaning she will never regain custody of her children.

The father of Williams’ two older boys attended the hearing with an attorney to express interest in getting custody of his boys. He is married and works in construction."

From Houston Chronicle:
The story of a struggling mom, her violent boyfriend and 3 kids abandoned with their brother's body

and her child support obligation ended November 12. Yup.

Hope Construction Working Dad and his wife are up to it and willing to ask for support and help!

jmho ymmv lrr

I am not at all surprised she relinquished her parental rights. Based on other children who became inconvenient being farmed out to relatives, and now that custody of these children is no longer beneficial to her, of course she did.

what a horrible woman, but I appreciate this small favor she has done her youngest children. Even though it is not meant to be favor to anyone but herself. Too bad she didn't do it before Kendrick ended up dead.

I really hope this dad and his wife are willing to take the youngest; even though he is not biologically his. I want to see these brothers kept together.

Earlier Tuesday, Jan. 18 prosecutors presented the case to a Harris County grand jury. They returned with four indictments on Brian Coulter and Gloria Williams.

"Brian Coulter has been indicted for capital murder," said Assistant District Attorney Andrea Beall. "It's the intentional knowing and killing of a child under 10, and Gloria Williams has been indicted on injury to a child, serious bodily injury, and tampering with a corpse, which is a second-degree felony."

Man accused of leaving boy's body with siblings is indicted on capital murder and abuse charges

The couple at the center of the Houston House of Horrors case have been officially indicted in the death of an eight-year-old boy who was beaten to death and left to rot in an apartment alongside his three surviving brothers for nearly a year.

The Harris County Grand Jury on Tuesday indicted Brian Coulter, 32, on a charge of capital murder for the November 2020 killing of his girlfriend's autistic son, Kendrick Lee.

Meanwhile, Gloria Williams, 36, Kendrick's mother and Coulter's girlfriend, was indicted on counts of injury to a child, serious bodily injury, and tampering with a corpse.
Houston House of Horrors mom and her boyfriend are indicted for the murder of her eight-year-old son | Daily Mail Online

Deputy Corey Castro, with the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit, conducted the scene investigation inside the second floor apartment on Green Crest Drive.

"It was a very distinct smell," Castro said. "There was no furniture, there was no lights, electricity. There were roaches everywhere. These children had no beds to sleep on. They barely had anything to cover up with."
[snip]

"The main thing that got me was the position the child died in," Castro said. "Without going into too much positioning, I would say laying down in a certain position, and we have to be careful because of the integrity of this case."
[snip]

"Being a father myself, it's difficult children can be treated like this. That they are put in such humiliating circumstances. They have to fend for themselves," Craig said. "There is no one to help them if one of them gets hurt. It's heartbreaking, someone can do this to a child. The child is the most innocent victim."
[snip]

"You know what happens, you are being abused," Craig said. "You see your brother, what happened to him. He was murdered. So, being at that age, if you are told not to go outside, you are not going to because you know what's going to happen if you do."
[snip]

"They had the fear in their eyes. They didn't know what was coming next," Craig said. "They're happy. They want to talk to you and hug you and express how glad we are here. But you still see in their eyes, they have fear."

Craig, who interviewed the boys, said they did in fact hug him.

"It's heart-wrenching. You hug them back," Craig said. "You have a job to do, but you don't want to let them go."

Horror house investigators vow to get justice for 8-year-old whose skeletal remains were found

I think of Kendrick's siblings often and hope they are thriving, loved, supported, and healing.

Deputy Corey Castro, with the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit, conducted the scene investigation inside the second floor apartment on Green Crest Drive.

"It was a very distinct smell," Castro said. "There was no furniture, there was no lights, electricity. There were roaches everywhere. These children had no beds to sleep on. They barely had anything to cover up with."
[snip]

"The main thing that got me was the position the child died in," Castro said. "Without going into too much positioning, I would say laying down in a certain position, and we have to be careful because of the integrity of this case."
[snip]

"Being a father myself, it's difficult children can be treated like this. That they are put in such humiliating circumstances. They have to fend for themselves," Craig said. "There is no one to help them if one of them gets hurt. It's heartbreaking, someone can do this to a child. The child is the most innocent victim."
[snip]

"You know what happens, you are being abused," Craig said. "You see your brother, what happened to him. He was murdered. So, being at that age, if you are told not to go outside, you are not going to because you know what's going to happen if you do."
[snip]

"They had the fear in their eyes. They didn't know what was coming next," Craig said. "They're happy. They want to talk to you and hug you and express how glad we are here. But you still see in their eyes, they have fear."

Craig, who interviewed the boys, said they did in fact hug him.

"It's heart-wrenching. You hug them back," Craig said. "You have a job to do, but you don't want to let them go."

Horror house investigators vow to get justice for 8-year-old whose skeletal remains were found

I think of Kendrick's siblings often and hope they are thriving, loved, supported, and healing.
Any news about how they are doing?
Are the siblings together..?
Hope they can enjoy the little things..a bit.
The feeling of security must be completely crushed in those years..

I'm glad this thread is being watched and updated, but the long wait for any court updates is always frustrating.
But this is Texas, and this is capital murder. There is a death penalty which is actively applied in this state. I can imagine prosecutors pursuing it.

I'm glad this thread is being watched and updated, but the long wait for any court updates is always frustrating.
But this is Texas, and this is capital murder. There is a death penalty which is actively applied in this state. I can imagine prosecutors pursuing it.
Agreed but at least the alleged perpetrators are behind bars awaiting trial.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there is a civil case with Gloria and and AB for custody.

On the Injury by Omission charge:
8/3/2022 Defendant WILLIAMS, GLORIA YVETTE appeared with counsel DAVIS III, NEAL. 8/3/2022 Continued 9/29/2022 09:00 AM DCM Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

Injury to child: SBI
8/3/2022 Defendant WILLIAMS, GLORIA YVETTE appeared with counsel DAVIS III, NEAL.
8/3/2022 Reset By Agreement Of Both Parties, 9/29/2022 09:00 AM DCM Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

Tampering with Evidence:
8/3/2022 Defendant WILLIAMS, GLORIA YVETTE appeared with counsel DAVIS III, NEAL.
8/3/2022 Continued 9/29/2022 09:00 AM DCM Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

For Brain Coulter:
7/7/2022 ORDER: PRODUCE RECORDS HCJ GRANTED
7/7/2022 ORDER: PRODUCE MED RECORDS GRANTED
7/18/2022 MOTION FILED: APPOINT INVESTIGATOR
7/19/2022 ORDER: APPOINT INVESTIGATOR GRANTED
8/31/2022 On Docket In Error
10/28/2022 09:00 AM DCM Comprehensive PreTrial Conference
10/28/2022 Continued 10/31/2022 09:00 AM DCM Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

The good news is the "mother" and her boyfriend are in jail.
I don't believe in capital punishment, but damn...she makes me want to change my mind. What a disgusting human being. I still don't understand how they were ever released. And I haven't read a single thing that mentions foster care. I really hope those kids aren't still being forced to fend for themselves. Their lives are ruined because of that monster.

In May of 2020, Kendrick and his brothers left school and did not return. Although the school department visited the home in September 2020 to file truancy papers, they got no response.
Harris County Deputy John Craig, later the lead investigator on the case, commented: “How easy is it to say, ‘My kids are going to get homeschooled,’ and that’s where it stays because you don’t have the manpower to follow up on everything.” In the case of Kendrick and his brothers, there is no evidence that any education took place at home after they left school.

In 2015, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services was first notified of abuse in the family when residents of a homeless shelter overheard Williams cursing and slapping her children, who were screaming.

It makes me feel sick to say this, but there's even more to this shocking story.

The DFPS recorded eight further reports of physical abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse towards Williams’s children by one of Williams’s romantic partners over the following six years.

Link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobodi
Back