TX TX - Krishonda 'Shonda' Townsend, 19, Mineral Wells, 5 Jul 2010

I heard about this case when a local news station thought Shonda's disappearance might be linked to another case where a woman was kidnapped and tortured for a number of days: http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/jeffrey_maxwell_kept_kidnapped.php But when I started reading the route that Shonda took I got a weird feeling that this might be linked to the Kelli Ann Cox disappearance in Denton, TX (Denton County) on 7/15/97. Both were young, single mothers, both were 20 years old. I've always been suspicious that Kelli was abducted by law enforcement. I live 20 minutes west of Denton and just another ten miles west of me is Lake Bridgeport where Shonda spent the evening before driving home. Wise County is a very large area, it covers Decatur (county seat), Bridgeport, and some other small towns. Denton County butts up to Wise County and Wise County butts up to Parker and Jack Counties. I don't think Shonda was Jeffrey Maxwell's type of victim, his were older women.

Any law enforcement official from Denton County could easily have moved to another county to work, or they could even commute. All along I've suspected l.e. of the abduction. Thoughts?

Today is the CUE CENTER "On The Road To Remember" Rally Stop For Krishonda Townsend - If you are in the Mineral Wells or DFW area come show your support this evening!!

Attachments

• shonda.jpg
    shonda.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 25
I heard about this case when a local news station thought Shonda's disappearance might be linked to another case where a woman was kidnapped and tortured for a number of days: http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/jeffrey_maxwell_kept_kidnapped.php But when I started reading the route that Shonda took I got a weird feeling that this might be linked to the Kelli Ann Cox disappearance in Denton, TX (Denton County) on 7/15/97. Both were young, single mothers, both were 20 years old. I've always been suspicious that Kelli was abducted by law enforcement. I live 20 minutes west of Denton and just another ten miles west of me is Lake Bridgeport where Shonda spent the evening before driving home. Wise County is a very large area, it covers Decatur (county seat), Bridgeport, and some other small towns. Denton County butts up to Wise County and Wise County butts up to Parker and Jack Counties. I don't think Shonda was Jeffrey Maxwell's type of victim, his were older women.

Any law enforcement official from Denton County could easily have moved to another county to work, or they could even commute. All along I've suspected l.e. of the abduction. Thoughts?

That is an interesting thought considering there has been a strange poster on her blog with that type of persona - what about the other case made you think this out of curiosity exactly.

Don't have an MSM link just yet but her aunt has confirmed on Facebook it is her:(

Friday, Palo Pinto County Sheriff Ira Mercer said skeletal remains were found in an area off Sandy Hill Road southwest of Mineral Wells.

“We have a joint effort in recovering the remains of an unknown body,” Mercer said.
He added that the remains would be transported to the University of North Texas where a forensic anthropologist would compare dental records to the remains to determine a possible identity of the victim.

The speculation is that the remains could be those of Krishonda “Shonda” Leann Townsend, 19, the mother of a 2-year-old son, who lived with her family outside of Perrin in Jack County. Townsend was reported missing on July 5, 2010.

“The (Mineral Wells) police department is actually going to get dental records,” Mercer added.

“Yesterday, the remains were discovered by a man looking at the property,” Mercer explained.

Friday, a Texas Ranger evidence recovery team was at the location checking for possible evidence and recovering the remains.

http://www.lakecountrysun.com/index.asp?Story=2916

The skeletal remains found Thursday in Mineral Wells have been identified as Shonda Townsend, family member April Hambrick released in a statement late Friday afternoon.

"It is with heavy heart and bitter sweet relief that I inform everyone that ... the skeletal remains in Mineral Wells, Texas are that of our precious Shonda," Hambrick said. "I thank you all for all your prayers and support I ask that as of now please give our family some time to heal and grieve. I will notify everyone of memorial services as soon as my family have them in order.

Authorities began searching an area Friday in far southwest Mineral Wells where skeletal remains were found Thursday, the Mineral Wells Index reported.

Palo Pinto County Sheriff Ira Mercer said a human skull and bones were discovered by a prospective buyer of an approximately 100-acre tract who was walking the land.

The remains were found at the edge of a tree-lined area off Sand Hill Road.
http://weatherforddemocrat.com/top-news/x1607578465/Family-says-missing-mom-identified

Sand Hill rd is approx. 2.4 miles from the location of shonda's car.

I really hope finding her remains will present more clues....or make someone come forward/slip up.

Prayers for Haiden and Shonda's family.

Thank you WFAA - always pretty supportive in giving coverage to Krishonda Townsend.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Skeletal-remains-may-bbe-missing--132826863.html

"She didn't wind up there by accident," said Palo Pinto County Sheriff Ira Mercer. "From the nature of the dump, it looks like it was definitely a homicide."
Deputies say it's a major break for the cold case. They plan to review the timeline of where Townsend was and who she was with before she disappeared.

http://www.yourhometownvoice.com/news/local/article_66e9ac44-025c-11e1-970f-001cc4c03286.html

That fact leads law enforcement officials to believe the individual or individuals responsible for the death of the 19-year-old are familiar with the area, Mercer added.
"They would have to be familiar with the area to know the spot where she was found," he said.
Snipped:
"The remains were found in a line of trees about 30 yards off the road and in a ravine," he said.
The investigation into Townsend's whereabouts had virtually gone cold before the remains were located.
Now, Mercer said law enforcement officials will switch gears to search for Townsend's killer.
Snipped:
He said some of the individuals investigators spoke to during the missing persons investigation will likely be interviewed again.
"We will be speaking with several individuals before this is all over," Mercer said. "I am cautiously optimistic we may get somewhere with this thing."

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/

Snipped:

This past Sunday the Cue Center For Missing Persons highlighted the missing mother, daughter and sister on their annual "Road To Remember Tour." A yearly campaign the national agency has to bring awareness to missing persons cases across the country. And Krishonda was a registered case within the Cue Organization. A non-profit agency assisting families without charge of missing loved ones across the country.

On Thursday, remains were found and identified in rural north Texas as those of Shonda Townsend.

The case still is now an active criminal investigation closing the missing persons case to now an unsolved homicide.

Those involved should not be sleeping very well from this day forward. Just as they found Shonda and brought her home to her family, those who were involved in the taking of her life will be finding themselves at their new home, the State Penitentiary!

And "sleep" the guilty - SHOULD NOT! I agree.

RIP Shonda...was hoping that you could return to your baby boy!

I'm so relieved Shonda has been found and I pray there will be arrests in her case very soon.

RIP Shonda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back