TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts after reading that article!

One thing comes to mind... A woman named Linda in Chicago who brokers babies. I've heard that story by a man named Floyd...

I'm aware of who you are referring to, but I've never noticed that part of the story. Do you have a reference for this?

I'm aware of who you are referring to, but I've never noticed that part of the story. Do you have a reference for this?

Franklin had ties to Chicago. He said in an interview that a woman named Linda gave him Sharon. ( he did not say she was a baby broker.) Let me check the other thread to find the reference or it may have been in the book, I have both, I will look, unless Anne can pinpoint.
It was suspect that "linda" was the birth mother (who is a know person, but not sure if that is Sharon s mom or not, no testing has been announced) but it never computed to me, as Linda gave her baby up for legal adoption.. so how would he know HER name?

I was wondering if it was worth looking into this missing woman as a possible match?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/prosser_debbie.html

There are some similarities. I know the height is off but on the Jane Doe it gives two different heights on her ID's, I think 5'6 and 5'10.

It looks like this missing woman Debbie Prosser may have had a reason to disappear.

Debbie Lynn Prosser, Missing 1984, Florida - Cold Case Investigations

I think "Lori" might have had some criminal reason for changing identity. There are things I like about Debbie as a possible:
Has "grey" eyes which really could be hazel and eyes that change color. Brows, chin and nose similar. No later photos of Debbie (for 9 yrs) might indicate she wanted to stay under the radar, a secretive type of person.
Both used guns. Both seem to have tempers.

Things against: She would have been 49 when giving birth to her daughter. (Not impossible but less likely). Debbie was only 5'6" (but could have grown or height inaccurate to begin with) and "Lori" looks pretty tall in those group photos.

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/index.html?id=1212890

direct quote from above reference:
"Shortly after he became a fugitive, Floyd developed a relationship with Linda Williams. When they met, Linda Williams had a daughter named Sharon. In 1974, Floyd took Sharon with him after Linda Williams refused to marry him. During Sharon's childhood, Floyd and Sharon lived together as father and daughter in several states. "

I found the "Linda" reference I had found in an appeal document. I read it on the boards under the Sharon Marshall thread also but don't remember who said it or their source, but its 5 whole threads long and really...well, someone who was involved with the threads could find it faster.
Floyd had tight ties to Chicago, his mother lived and died there and is buried there.
Of course, he is a pathological liar, who knows how he really got her, however it is very interesting and maybe worth looking into.
I know there was a theory of a baby snatching ring in the Midwest floating around...but I have not seen any evidence to support or debunk it.

I'm setting up a new thread. This one will close shortly.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members