GUILTY TX - Masih Golabbakhsh, 2 months, Houston, 21 April 2010

Amster said:
She has a built in defense. PPD. My bet is that she'll be sent for treatment...not prison.

What will convict her, is lying about what happened. For a jury/judge to find her NGRI- not guilty by reason of insanity- her atty will have to prove she didn't know what she was doing was wrong. IMO, Parnham won't be able to explain away her kidnapping story. She obviously knew it was wrong.
Jmo

I am so saddened by this. My mind can not even go to a place of understanding.
They way this baby died is horrific. I pray he did not suffer long.
My question...if this mother had so many mental/phych issues, why on earth was she ever allowed to be alone with a 2 month old baby?
Everybody knew about her state of mind, but she was alone with the baby?

I'm not trying to place blame on others, it just does not make sense to me at all.

Rest in peace Misoh. Your time on Earth was way too short, but I picture you being in total peace, being rocked and held close to our Lord's chest. Smile honey, you will no longer feel any pain.

I'm wondering that as well. If her mental illness was so severe, that she needed a drug like Zyprexa, why wasn't she under constant supervision by her family? This is a big time drug, with some pretty gnarly side effects.

Zyprexa on Drugs.com

What will convict her, is lying about what happened. For a jury/judge to find her NGRI- not guilty by reason of insanity- her atty will have to prove she didn't know what she was doing was wrong. IMO, Parnham won't be able to explain away her kidnapping story. She obviously knew it was wrong.
Jmo

ITA - and this is why this case differs from Andrea Yates' IMO.
She knew what she did was wrong because she tried to hide it.

What will convict her, is lying about what happened. For a jury/judge to find her NGRI- not guilty by reason of insanity- her atty will have to prove she didn't know what she was doing was wrong. IMO, Parnham won't be able to explain away her kidnapping story. She obviously knew it was wrong. Jmo

Yes, I agree. And she differs from Andrea Yates in that Andrea called the police and her husband at work to say: "I just killed my kids."

She knew what she had done, admitted to what she had done, and did not try to hide her poor children's bodies. She did not invent a story that someone else was responsible for taking her children's lives.

R.I.P. Misoh.

From May 2014:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ct-mom-of-murder-for-burying-baby-5498695.php

After Narjes Modarresi was convicted Thursday of capital murder for burying her 2-month-old son alive in 2010, her estranged husband, who is the father of her two children, was conflicted...

A dozen jurors were not as confused. They convicted Modarresi of capital murder after two hours of deliberating. Defense attorneys had argued that they should find her guilty of a lesser offense of felony murder or injury to a child.

The 32-year-old defendant, in a black suit and white shirt, did not react to the verdict or when state District Judge Maria Jackson sentenced her automatically to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back