GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

Leigh worries me. She's autistic. IMO, autistic kids are prone to child abuse. They can push the best parents to the edge.

http://tinyurl.com/yswz5l

This is a good one depending on how recent the photo was considering the hair length of baby Grace. The other thing to consider would be the year the clothing was made-has anyone narrowed that down yet? That might give an idea as well, like if the clothes were produced in 2005 then they must be hand me downs, but if they were sold this past spring etc...

KT and Froggier, I agree, the container doesn't seem sturdy enough that you could throw it from any height at all and have it remain intact. San Luis seems like a much more likely dumping spot, but there's always fishermen around, too.

I can't imagine if she were a local child, that other family members wouldn't have come forward by now, but I can't imagine someone from out of the area easily finding their way to San Luis--or could they?

I have found three possible shrugs made by Cherokee and sold by Target from Easter 2007 on that would have been full price or clearance. It seems that the Cherokee name is also big in England for what it is worth...

I agree with those of you that feel the container would not have stayed intact if thrown from any great height...I use the same ones for storage and the tops pop open routinely just when you are carrying them from place to place.

Dumped sor left somewhere (sadly, just like she was.) She might very well have been with transient people--motel dwellers, short term rentals, etc., staying with "friends" or relatives, never making a stable home anywhere for very long.

Still looking, What do you guys think of this little girl as a match. I am so new at this not sure if I am looking at the correct facial features for any matches.

NCMC1045788c1.jpg
[SIZE=+1]CHLOE COMBE-RIVAS[/SIZE]Case Type: Family Abduction DOB: Jul 8, 2003Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Mar 15, 2006Race: WhiteAge Now: 4Height: 2'8" (81 cm)Missing City: KANSAS CITYWeight: 32 lbs (15 kg)Missing State : MOHair Color: Lt. BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BlackCase Number: NCMC1045788Circumstances: Chloe was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Aline Rivas-Vera, on March 15, 2006. A felony warrant for Kidnapping was issued for Aline on May 18, 2006. They are believed to have traveled to Mexico. Chloe has a small scar on the left side of her nose.
Associated Adults
NCMC1045788a1t.jpg
ALINE RIVAS-VERA Missing from: MO Missing Since: Mar 15, 2006 Age Now: 27 View Poster

Thanks, for the input, they had said Blonde wavy to light Brown not sure about the eye color. Not real good at this I hope to learn very fast so I can be more help.

This may have already been discussed, but do we know what size shoe Maddie wore at the time she was kidnapped? Clothing size? The only issue I see with Maddie is that the clothes were American made. This would mean that someone would have to have gotten her out of Portugal alive transported her across the Atlantic Ocean via boat or airliner assumingly departing from Portugal or another location in Europe or Africa, and then entered with her into the US where they purchased or acquired the clothes that she was found in. It could happen but that seems like a lot to go through and a long way to travel only to just do away with her.

The autistic child Leigh is too big, I believe, to be Baby Grace. Leigh is 3 1/2 feet tall and weighs about 35 lbs, Baby Grace was just under 3 feet and weighed around 30 lbs. or so.

Raine1212, I think you are doing a fantastic job! :blowkiss: I think Chloe is also a good possibility. The hair color fits, the size fits. I hope they investigate this angle.

Thanks Reannan, I am trying very hard to help.. I have not had much time today, been watching my 8 month old grandson. Will try to do more searches tonight and tom. at work.
Also, if I may ask where in SC are you, you can PM with the answer. Never know who is lurking around. I will Pm you with my location.

I have a question what was her eye color, I guess I have missed it. I am also looking at Adrianna Wix. They list her eyes blue. Also, at what age does a child have their true eye color. All of my kids had Blue eyes at birth and 2 of the girls are hazel now and have been since about 4 years of age

Texas Toddler Found Dead In Container

Galveston County Sheriff's deputies need more information about the brutal death of an innocent Texas toddler.
On Oct. 29, 2007, fishermen in the Galveston Bay area found the decomposing body of a little girl in a plastic container. While police dig through missing person's records to try to learn her identity, they've given her a temporary name, "Baby Grace." A preliminary autopsy reports indicates the girl had skull fractures, but it's still unclear exactly how she died or how long she had been in the container.
Detectives still don't know the little girl's real name, but they're inching closer to uncovering her identity. On Nov. 2, 2007 they released a sketch of her likeness. They also say dental records indicate she was probably between 2 and 3 years old when she died. As seen in the sketch, she has long blonde hair, is about 33 inches tall and weighs 25 pounds. She was wearing a size 2T pullover top that was possibly pink in color with a matching skirt. Police also released a sketch of her outfit. The skirt was a "broom style" skirt made of seersucker-type fabric. Both items are described as "Cherokee" brand.
She was also wearing a size 8 1/2 white tennis shoe with purple trim. Police say a fishing tournament happened the weekend prior to the discovery. They hope a witness out there might be able to help them bring justice to this helpless victim.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=50342

Sketch of the little girl is available at the link

I don't post much. I kinda lurk around I guess.....lol.

I know everyone is busy and has families and stuff.....but, I really think we should keep the story about Baby Grace at the top of all the stories right now.............who, in God's name, does this little child belong to? No one knows who she is????

I just noticed this is under Cold Cases............I don't think it's a "cold case".....jmo.

Mod's...........please consider giving this sad case some attention. Ya'll know this place is a great source of information..........there's a lot of publicity here. Think about it.....please.

Is there anyone here that has any idea how we can get this baby's case out of the archives and up in the spotlight......soon?

Nobody cares?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back