GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

Can some of you great graphics people do a pic of her with her mouth closed. I think the police were trying to show her teeth but if her mouth were shut she may be more easily recognised.

I am not sure if they ever said and I can't find anything either. And I really do not know if they can determine her eye color. I am real new at this, so forgive my mistakes, but JMO (and I am no doctor) I would think that the eye tissue would break down pretty quickly. Anyone with info on the eye tissue let me know where to look.

To look at Louisiana then you have to know about the towns that support the businesses. Lake Charles has at least 1 Walmart and I am sure by now they have a Target. The next town would be Lafayette and they have both. I would seriously consider both of these towns as most are known for going to Galveston for vacation. Lafayette is also known for housing many Katrina victims. This little gal met a bad fate and someone knows more. Make sure the flyers are sent to the towns I identified. I have an old friend by the name of Mike Neustrom who used to be sheriff in Lafayette and I don't know if he still is but send it to him if he is.

I agree, KT, not many places to rent a boat, and I'm sure the strangers/odd rentals at this time of year would be memorable and already being checked out by the police.

New Mom and Concernedperson, I think Louisiana is a possibility, because of the short amount of time to get here (and ease of direction) and also because Louisiana does have more low income/transient people right now than in perhaps past years. I taught some Katrina refugees immediately after the storm (both white and black) and the families were exceptionally transient and exceptionally stressed.

But then, Galveston does seem to be a magnet for the crazy and the non-coastal dwellers. Remember Baby in the Microwave last spring or so? They were from Kentucky, I think. And my sister from Dallas makes a beeline for Galveston when she visits, which is funny since we are less than an hour away and don't go that often--although we came THIS close to getting a beach house before we realized the little Texanas were going to suck up every weekend like a Hoover vacuum with ballet rehearsals and the like.

KT, I really think this could be a stepfather/boyfriend crime of abuse--like Precious Doe a few years ago, who was about the same age and dumped by the roadside. He could have grown up in a town like Alvin or even Clear Lake, and be just familiar enough with the area to know how to get to the pier or the bridge at San Luis, but not really understand the currents the way a BOI would.

The problem with the clothes is there are at least 2 or more of those stores in Galveston or on the way--easily accessible from main roads. There are dozens of the small strip centers with Dollar General stores and the like, as well.

Awwww Dimples! It could be Maddie. Every possibility has to be checked out.

Dimples, you really, truly didn't step on anyone's toes. Trying to match Madeleine to Baby Grace was a good idea.

Why is this taking so long? Someone, somewhere should have recognized the sketch and should be missing a relative by now. This has to be a family that is disconnected from their extended family somehow. I agree that the case has the feel of boyfriend or other live-in suddenly exploding in rage, and then the Mother "helping" with the cover-up, but still concerned enough for the child to place her in a box prior to disposal. So sad.....I get tears in my eyes everytime I think about it. I want Baby Grace to have her real name back. :(

Texana, I thought of the microwave baby story when the Baby Grace story broke. I thought I remembered that they were from somewhere else, but were temporarily staying in Galveston. :furious:

You're right about Alvin and all the other small towns that are near our coast. This person could really be from anywhere. :furious:

I just hope there are some answers quickly.

They were talking about Precious Doe on the news the other night in relation to Baby Grace and it just broke my heart. :(

Wouldn't Acacia be around 6 years old now if she were still alive?

Yeah. That's why in my post I said the time frame didn't match. But I think the two girls look an awfully lot alike.

Hoppy

Maybe this is a child whose parents are both in the military and serving overseas or on a far away TDY. She may have been left with relatives or friends and her parents are unaware that she is missing.

Too often, children of single parents are left with a boyfriend or girlfriend or step-parent when a parent has to leave for military assignments. Someone who is not the child's real parent could easily come up with a believable excuse for the absence of the child if neighbors or friends notice she is gone. They could say she went to be with relatives, or the parent came back and they are not "together" any more.

Sometimes a child might have to stay with someone other than the primary parent if the parent is in some kind of drug/alcohol rehab or other medical facility for a significant amount of time. That could explain why the parent might not have seen the news coverage with this baby's picture.

Has anyone seen it mentioned anywhere if the child appeared to have been buried in the clothing she was wearing when she was killed, of if she appears to have been cleaned up and dressed in new clothes before being wrapped up in the container? Did the clothing appear to have been worn and washed before or was it brand-new?

I haven't read this whole thread so please forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Susan

Maybe this is a child whose parents are both in the military and serving overseas or on a far away TDY. She may have been left with relatives or friends and her parents are unaware that she is missing.

Too often, children of single parents are left with a boyfriend or girlfriend or step-parent when a parent has to leave for military assignments. Someone who is not the child's real parent could easily come up with a believable excuse for the absence of the child if neighbors or friends notice she is gone. They could say she went to be with relatives, or the parent came back and they are not "together" any more.

Sometimes a child might have to stay with someone other than the primary parent if the parent is in some kind of drug/alcohol rehab or other medical facility for a significant amount of time. That could explain why the parent might not have seen the news coverage with this baby's picture.

Has anyone seen it mentioned anywhere if the child appeared to have been buried in the clothing she was wearing when she was killed, of if she appears to have been cleaned up and dressed in new clothes before being wrapped up in the container? Did the clothing appear to have been worn and washed before or was it brand-new?

I haven't read this whole thread so please forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Susan

Excellent point, TGI-I have been wondering the same thing about her shoes and whether or not they had been worn.

Excellent point, TGI-I have been wondering the same thing about her shoes and whether or not they had been worn.

Hopefully her little shoes will help investigators to track her killer. It seems that they were available only at Wal-Mart and have since been discontinued (wonder exactly when?) The Sterlite container was most likely purchased at Wal-Mart also. Wal-Marts central data system holds so much information about customer purchases that it's actually scary. In this case, I hope they share it with the authorities and solve this case soon.

Here's an article from the NY Times about Wal-Mart's data system...long but well worth the read:

What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/14/business/yourmoney/14wal.html

That's a good point about Texas City, I forget how close it is, just because I don't go that far. :blushing:

A good point also about the child possibly being watched by stepparent, boyfriend, friend while the parent is serving with the military. If you have out of state, deceased, or out of touch relatives, then that compounds the likelihood of no one coming forward.

Frankly, I think that since no one has come forward the following is true:

Baby Grace's immediate parent/partner were local or within a day's drive. Houston is a strong possibility just because of the number of Wal-Marts/Targets and closeness to Galveston. You can't drive around much without being aware of how close Galveston is. However, the other locations--even Louisiana--are possible as well.

The extended family is deceased, dysfunctionally separated in geography, and given Baby Grace's age of 2-3, not necessarily aware of her birth or appearance even.

The perpetrators are either the parent/and partner, or single parent acting without knowledge of the other parent. However, I really do believe this is an act of stepfather/boyfriend and complicit mother. The fact that she was violently injured and dumped points to an abusive partner, but the clothing condition points to someone who picked out clothes with care for her.

Hopefully her little shoes will help investigators to track her killer. It seems that they were available only at Wal-Mart and have since been discontinued (wonder exactly when?) The Sterlite container was most likely purchased at Wal-Mart also. Wal-Marts central data system holds so much information about customer purchases that it's actually scary. In this case, I hope they share it with the authorities and solve this case soon.

Here's an article from the NY Times about Wal-Mart's data system...long but well worth the read:

What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/14/business/yourmoney/14wal.html

My experience with the cheaper brands of light up shoes is that the light doesn't work very long. These shoes must have been fairly new or at least not handed down from another child. They could have been sold on clearance at the end of Summer since they are discontinued.

Frankly, I think that since no one has come forward the following is true:

Baby Grace's immediate parent/partner were local or within a day's drive. Houston is a strong possibility just because of the number of Wal-Marts/Targets and closeness to Galveston. You can't drive around much without being aware of how close Galveston is. However, the other locations--even Louisiana--are possible as well.

The extended family is deceased, dysfunctionally separated in geography, and given Baby Grace's age of 2-3, not necessarily aware of her birth or appearance even.

The perpetrators are either the parent/and partner, or single parent acting without knowledge of the other parent. However, I really do believe this is an act of stepfather/boyfriend and complicit mother. The fact that she was violently injured and dumped points to an abusive partner, but the clothing condition points to someone who picked out clothes with care for her.

I agree with you Texana, I really feel this is going to turn out to be another "mom's boyfriend" kind of case and no one has even reported this little lovey as missing.

I just got done talking to my mom & I brought up the point about the perp probably not being local or BOI because surely they would know better than to ditch the container where they did & her immediately reply was "uh, hello, Robert Durst". Kind of brought me back to reality, this murderer could be anyone from anywhere. My mom says the island is full of transient lifestyle type of people. She also reminded me of the several wanted criminals & identity hiders who have used Galveston as their hiding place in the past few years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back