TX TX - San Antonio, WhtFem, 34-44, UP4088. Murder victim in wooded area, hysterectomy scar. November 1987.

cheemsg

Reaction score
Note: I find it a bit strange a case like this doesn't already have a thread but I can't find one. Forgive me if there is already one.

=======

Date of Discovery: November 9, 1987
Location of Discovery: San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1987
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide by blunt force trauma to the head.

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 34-44 years old
Race: White
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 131 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde with a reddish tint and brown at the roots. Shoulder length and arranged in a ponytail.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Hysterectomy scar on her abdomen.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Fillings present.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Sleeveless white knit top with horizontal gray stripes, pale blue hooded zip-up windbreaker (size Large), a dark blue bra (size 36B), and black shoes.
Jewelry: One black plastic earring with an oak leaf design in her left ear. A red elastic hair tie.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was found on the side of Pue Road near Loop 1604 in a wooded area. There were signs of sexual assault. It appears the victim was not killed at the discovery site and her whereabouts prior to ther death have not been established.

1203UFTX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Aw man. No DNA. Did they cremate her? I don’t know if Texas cremated Doe remains back then.

Weird that her age range is listed at 34-44. Why not 35-45?

Aw man. No DNA. Did they cremate her? I don’t know if Texas cremated Doe remains back then.

Weird that her age range is listed at 34-44. Why not 35-45?
I'd just round up and say she was 30-50. I don't really put too much stock into age ranges

That’s fair. Most of the time they’re a rough estimate and just that.
Recently there was an identification where the girl was 19, but they estimated her age as something like 27-37. When I think about it, there's sometimes not much of a physical difference between say a 19yo and say a 26yo. I prefer when they just say young adult/middle age/elderly.

Last edited:
Recently there was an identification where the girl was 19, but they estimated her age as something like 27-37. When I think about it, there's sometimes not much of a physical difference between say a 19yo and say a 26yo. I prefer when they just say young adult/middle age/elderly.
That’s what I prefer too.
Infant 0-1
Toddler 2-5
Child 6-9
Tween 10-12
Early Teen 13-15
Late Teen 16-19
Young Adult 20-30
Adult 31-40
Middle aged 41-60
Young Elderly 61-75
Elderly 76-85
Geriatric 86+
Is what I’m thinking.

Found a few ladies from Texas that are near the age range, with the same likely natural hair color and all have scars on their abdomens.

Birdie Leonard

Maria de Lourdes Pahl

Avis Beatrice Mooney

Found a few ladies from Texas that are near the age range, with the same likely natural hair color and all have scars on their abdomens.

Birdie Leonard

Maria de Lourdes Pahl

Avis Beatrice Mooney
Have any of them had hysterectomies? That’s Jane Doe’s defining thing. Like her identifier.

I found a missing person flyer for Avis that says that she had abdominal scars from a hysterectomy and an appendectomy. I'll work on finding out about the other two. Thanks for the recommendation!

It's hard to imagine that Avis (who disappeared in 1961) would have dyed her hair blonde though. Did women do those kinds of things back then? I mean if LE reports that she had a scar the deceased would have passed fairly close to 1987 for them to know that, right?

Last edited:
I found a missing person flyer for Avis that says that she had abdominal scars from a hysterectomy and an appendectomy. I'll work on finding out about the other two. Thanks for the recommendation!

It's hard to imagine that Avis (who disappeared in 1961) would have dyed her hair blonde though. Did women do those kinds of things back then? I mean if LE reports that she had a scar the deceased would have passed fairly close to 1987 for them to know that, right?
Great finding! And I agree with your last statement about the UID having passed fairly recently. I would say she passed for no more than a few months, if that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back