MISTRIAL TX - Scarlette Olivia Newsom, 2, beaten to death, Dean, 17 Oct 2018 *mom & bf charged*

Sorry a bit late - computer problems this morning.

Tuesday, Aug. 6th:
*Jury Trial set to begin (@ 9am CT) - TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – only for *Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23) “mom” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. $250K bond.
Fulbright admits to hitting Scarlette in the head leaving a sizeable bruise & “mother” admits snacking her several times to stop her seizures.
Trial set to begin 8/6.
*Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23) – last hearing on 5/20/19.

Wed. August 7th:
*Jury Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 9am CT) - TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – only for *Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23) “mom” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. $250K bond.
Fulbright admits to hitting Scarlette in the head leaving a sizeable bruise & “mother” admits snacking her several times to stop her seizures.
Trial set to begin 8/6.

8/6/19: Jury selection maybe? No info yet. Continues on 8/7.
*Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23) – last hearing on 5/20/19. No update since 8/6/19.

I guess I shall continue posting this until I hear anything different....

Thursday, August 8th:
*Jury Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 9am CT) - TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – only for *Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23) “mom” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. $250K bond.
Trial set to begin 8/6.

8/7/19: Trial started?? No info yet. Continues on 8/8.
*Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23) – last hearing on 5/20/19. No update since 8/6/19.

Still have not found anything on this case....

Friday, August 9th:
*Jury Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9am CT) - TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – only for *Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23) “mom” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. $250K bond.
Trial set to begin 8/6.

8/7/19: Trial started?? No info yet. Continues on 8/8.
8/8/19: No info. Searched but found nothing. I guess trial continues to 8/9.
*Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23) – last hearing on 5/20/19. No update since 8/9/19.

@YESorNO - you are good at finding "updated" articles. Anything on this "supposed" trial that was supposed to be happening?

I haven't found a thing.... and the (lousy) court site isn't much help....

TIA! :)

@YESorNO - you are good at finding "updated" articles. Anything on this "supposed" trial that was supposed to be happening?

I haven't found a thing.... and the (lousy) court site isn't much help....

TIA! :)

Sorry- No new info found

Thanks for checking for me YESorNO!
32x32px-LL-941102ed_brow3.gif

The court site I usually go to still has "old" court dates up & hasn't been updated since 8/16. As you might have noticed I stopped posting about the trial.

Tried to google this case, but of course coming up with old articles - 2018.

I did find this site -

https://www.co.clay.tx.us/county-clerk

under the picture - County Court - "County Court Records ONLINE"

Can anyone get into that? I have no access when I click for online records - maybe someone else will have better luck?!

TIA!

Okay - I'm going on a vacation (back to California!!!) for 2 weeks (starting 9/18 back on 10/2) - and this case I look up every week - so....

who is going to do that for me? I won't be taking my laptop with me - so I'm going to need some help from one of you that are following this case.

Here's the link I use to look up Joshua Fulbright & Sarah Newsom.

https://www.97thdistrictcourt.com/court-dockets-schedules

this week there is no Clay County (Criminal). The update date is at the bottom of page.

I have looked at the most current on - 9/13/19 updated.

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
a BUNCH to whomever will do this!!

According to family, Sarah Newsom gave birth to a son in September that was immediately removed by CPS. She is out of jail and living with her parents who are trying to gain custody and adopt the infant son.
No one in the family is talking about what happened or how she is out. They are acting like it never happened

Why does the thread title read "Guilty"? Has this case even gone to trial?

Texas Dept.of Criminal Justice TDCJ does not have either person in Texas prisons. (Test cases work eg. website located Darlie Routier and Amber Guyger):
https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/search.action

BOTH persons currently appear to be guests at the Clay County Jail operated by the Clay County Sheriff:
https://www.sheriff.co.clay.tx.us/jail-roster

FULBRIGHT, JOSHUA THOMAS booking 10/16/2018
NEWSOM, SARAH ELIZABETH booking 09/18/2019
http://findtheinmate.com/gsapdfs/157110878872514.VERIFY.18915.11189780.html

@Niner
I searched this link you provided for the only current Clay County Criminal date of October 21, 2019, and found nothing for either name.
https://www.97thdistrictcourt.com/court-dockets-schedules

The court site I usually go to still has "old" court dates up & hasn't been updated since 8/16. As you might have noticed I stopped posting about the trial.

Tried to google this case, but of course coming up with old articles - 2018.

I did find this site -

https://www.co.clay.tx.us/county-clerk

under the picture - County Court - "County Court Records ONLINE"

Can anyone get into that? I have no access when I click for online records - maybe someone else will have better luck?!

TIA!
That link goes to iDocket for Texas.
iDocket.com System. Track Court Cases at iDocket.com!

Here is the map of iDocket for Texas counties from that homepage - Clay County is shown as participating in iDocket (Clay County is red and borders the state of Oklahoma in north/central Texas):
txmapnew.JPG

Registration is required to use iDocket. Although Clay County, TX is participating, there are no cases listed for either name. *sigh*

Newsom had a trial on 8/6 per my notes - don't know "why" the title has "guilty" on it. I do recall seeing her name on the docket - way back when.

Thank you for checking on this SandyQLS. I have no idea why there is no update on this case.

5/20/19 State of Texas vs. Fulbright, Joshua Thomas Case# 2018-0099C-CR
Injury child/elderly/disable
Hearing: Announcement

5/20/19 State of Texas vs. Newsom, Sarah Elizabeth Case# 2018-0098C-CR
Injury child/elderly/disable
Hearing: Announcement

link (page 9): https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/470012_969f6cc4c41f481a8322890d26bb4760.pdf

Hearing is "Announcement" - maybe guilty pleas from both??!!
In Texas, the Announcement is apparently when the Defendant announces his plea to the charges or chooses to go to trial.

August 6, 2019 at 9am

Newsom, Sarah Elizabeth #2018-0098C-CR Jury Docket

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/470012_2630983b311749b397df7db83a324443.pdf
There are 5 unrelated cases on that jury selection list with Newsom being just one. Those 5 cases are ready for trial, but that doesn't mean the trials start on that date. It looks to me like Clay County is so small, they don't have a continuous jury pool available but rather a "jury term".

Fulbright's case either isn't ready or he may have plead guilty. If he plead, they may be holding him in the Clay County jail to testify against Newsom? The cases do seem to be separated.

That Injury to a Child felony charge is very serious. It can result in 99years/Life with possible parole after 30 years for serious bodily injury or death. Since the toddler died, I can't imagine either one will receive a short local jail sentence - they should be going to the TDCJ prison system (if proven guilty!)
Injury to a Child in Texas | Injury to a Child Punishment & Defenses

@Niner Thanks for keeping track.

Last edited:
Will be following. Thank you to anyone here updating.

How sad that Scarlette's life was ended in such cruelty by not 1 but both adults in her life and that her baby brother will never know his big sister, who surely would have loved him and played such an important role in his life.

Friday, December 6th:
*Jury Trial set to begin (@ CT) - TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – for *Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23) “BF” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. $250K bond.
Jury trial set to begin on 12/6/19.
*Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23) “mom” – Status motions hearing on 12/16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back