TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

This "young man" is severely mentally impaired, if he thought, walking the hall ways in a waddling gait , even supporting himself on the wall from time to time, would make some great impression afterwards. Did he expect seeing himself on surveillance camera, when police/the church would make the video available to the public? Was he looking forward to the event, to see himself smashing a few windows senselessly and not even with any enthusiasm? What a great role play, waddling around and destroying a bit of glass. What did he actually represent? A fully equipped police officer on duty for nothing? No criminal to be seen, no crime to be solved, no danger to be averted - nothing, nada. You would definitely have more fun with a video game, sitting in your gaming chair at home, munching Chio Chips.
I believe, the whole act only makes sense, when someone (a hitman?) waited for poor Missy and had an order to fulfill. During the carefully calculated waiting time, he laid false leads, that were intended to confuse the police and cause a lot of crime-solving work. Which actually worked well and to this day obscures the reason for Missy's murder. His Swat gear also worked very well, because until today it is unclear, who is hiding underneath: man or woman, young or older, slim or full figured. Unfortunately, perfect done by the SP.
MOO and my speculation.
I absolutely and wholeheartedly believe that this young man is indeed mentally impaired to some extent. We have raised a whole generation of somewhat mentally impaired loners and gamers. We are on the cusp of raising a second generation that way.
I believe the thrill of “breaking and entering” was a great adrenaline boost for him and a low risk thrill.
This area doesn’t even have an active police force.
It’s rural county but not city and the sheriff (member of the sheriff’s office) of Ellis county would have to be contacted/ located to catch anyone breaking and entering.
SWAT creep may even have attended a service or knew someone who attended services at this church. More likely he just targeted a random building that he wanted to explore. He felt no threat of being discovered on camera and even less threat of being discovered in person. He was going to explore as pleased in roll play mode. Breaking a few windows fit his SWAT persona as does peeking into a random classroom- as caught on video.
It’s like the 7 year old who recently (2 years ago) entered a mobile home and shot a sleeping man in the head, it is entirely inexplicable - yet it mimics something they have seen and had an aspiration to do or experience. Violent, graphic TV, movies or violent video games are the BANE of US society at the moment.
Every young impulsive school shooter is emulating them from Columbine to Sandy Hook to Uvalde. For a young man who isn’t hell bent on shooting up a school it’s easy for me to imagine that breaking, entering, roll playing as SWAT is its own thrill to some.
So yes, emphatically it was much more thrilling than sitting in a chair eating Chio Chips- which he undoubtedly did a lot of before his ambling waddle.
It was the thrill of getting away with “breaking, entering, exploring” as a SWAT officer in roll play.
No hitman is going to roll play like a waddling amateur middle of the night gamer.
Rural Texas offers much easier and far less complicated opportunities for a “hit”
if that was the desire here.
I do not believe it was - on many levels.
If you tell me exactly who and why someone would target Missy I’ll be very open to your speculation FromGermany1.
I don’t believe for a moment that anyone in Missy’s family or extended family had anything at all to do with this. I think this has shattered her husband and children and friends. I think the pain of not knowing who or why is still eating them up. 8 years and no answers.
All IMHO

I absolutely and wholeheartedly believe that this young man is indeed mentally impaired to some extent. We have raised a whole generation of somewhat mentally impaired loners and gamers. We are on the cusp of raising a second generation that way.
I believe the thrill of “breaking and entering” was a great adrenaline boost for him and a low risk thrill.
This area doesn’t even have an active police force.
It’s rural county but not city and the sheriff (member of the sheriff’s office) of Ellis county would have to be contacted/ located to catch anyone breaking and entering.
SWAT creep may even have attended a service or knew someone who attended services at this church. More likely he just targeted a random building that he wanted to explore. He felt no threat of being discovered on camera and even less threat of being discovered in person. He was going to explore as pleased in roll play mode. Breaking a few windows fit his SWAT persona as does peeking into a random classroom- as caught on video.
It’s like the 7 year old who recently (2 years ago) entered a mobile home and shot a sleeping man in the head, it is entirely inexplicable - yet it mimics something they have seen and had an aspiration to do or experience. Violent, graphic TV, movies or violent video games are the BANE of US society at the moment.
Every young impulsive school shooter is emulating them from Columbine to Sandy Hook to Uvalde. For a young man who isn’t hell bent on shooting up a school it’s easy for me to imagine that breaking, entering, roll playing as SWAT is its own thrill to some.
So yes, emphatically it was much more thrilling than sitting in a chair eating Chio Chips- which he undoubtedly did a lot of before his ambling waddle.
It was the thrill of getting away with “breaking, entering, exploring” as a SWAT officer in roll play.
No hitman is going to roll play like a waddling amateur middle of the night gamer.
Rural Texas offers much easier and far less complicated opportunities for a “hit”
if that was the desire here.
I do not believe it was - on many levels.
If you tell me exactly who and why someone would target Missy I’ll be very open to your speculation FromGermany1.
I don’t believe for a moment that anyone in Missy’s family or extended family had anything at all to do with this. I think this has shattered her husband and children and friends. I think the pain of not knowing who or why is still eating them up. 8 years and no answers.
All IMHO

My biggest problems with this is the perp clearly had an escape plan.

They were GONE the second they took Missy out.

I simply cannot fathom why anyone would be that fully decked out, at that hour, at a church way off the highway, and just happen to kill a woman and escape that easily, especially if all they were there to do was live out a fantasy.

I see absolutely no role-playing happening at all. This person is not pretending to have a long rifle out, is not interacting with imaginary people, and is not pretending to do anything remotely related to SWAT. They are not pretending to clear any rooms, and anyone role-playing wants to be seen and wants to emulate a certain person and/or their actions. They do not even so much as pretend to "file in" to clear a room.

I always get baited into discussing this over and over again but I just simply cannot wrap my head around the mental gymnastics involved to think this was completely unplanned or random.

I am really starting to see-saw on this.

For a long time I believed this was targeted and intended to "benefit" the husband. My personal theory was that this was committed by someone one degree removed, without the knowledge or consent of the husband, <modsnip- rumor, not victim friendly>

As time passes with no apparent progress, I am starting to come around to the random burglar/LARPer theory, a loser obsessed with guns and games. Someone who is not clinically insane but is doesn't come out of mom's basement much and is not very well connected to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider the way SP places his/her hand along the wall - it happens just as the individual first emerges from the room they forced entry into the building in and eventually enters the open hallway. It might be an initial expression/gesture of fear, insecurity creeping through an unknown hallway, hugging the wall. Eventually they become more comfortable in the environment.

Last edited:
Consider the way SP places his/her hand along the wall - it happens just as the individual first emerges from the room they broke in to and first enters the open hallway. It might be an expression/gesture of fear, insecurity creeping through an unknown hallway, hugging the wall. Eventually they become more comfortable in the environment.
Yes, it does seem that from the video recently reposted. And watching it again……. and I realize this has been oft debated here……. but still can’t but feel the perpetrator seemed unskilled with their implements? For example, the early scene when they were ‘messing’ with the apparent locked door on the left side of video with either a crow bar, pry bar, flashlight, hammer, not sure. The individual IMO did not seem to be a skilled burglar. (Whether that is by choice or happenstance, or the ill fitting suit is a separate debate perhaps.)

In that one portion of the video, it almost seemed as one implement might be what is sometimes called a box hatchet? Although the image is grainy and not assuredly viewed IMO. In case the image does not attach or load properly….. below is a link to such a tool or implement. MOO

Attachments

• IMG_6792.png
    IMG_6792.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 3
Yes, it does seem that from the video recently reposted. And watching it again……. and I realize this has been oft debated here……. but still can’t but feel the perpetrator seemed unskilled with their implements? For example, the early scene when they were ‘messing’ with the apparent locked door on the left side of video with either a crow bar, pry bar, flashlight, hammer, not sure. The individual IMO did not seem to be a skilled burglar. (Whether that is by choice or happenstance, or the ill fitting suit is a separate debate perhaps.)

In that one portion of the video, it almost seemed as one implement might be what is sometimes called a box hatchet? Although the image is grainy and not assuredly viewed IMO. In case the image does not attach or load properly….. below is a link to such a tool or implement. MOO

That looks like

That looks like quite a tool!
Yes. I think this person is /was inexperienced in using the tools. But evidently they knew/thought the tools chosen could be used for such purposes. I wonder if they hung around with, knew people who broke into properties or somehow vandalized properties they were otherwise permitted to be in and recorded themselves doing so. And then shared the videos to minor acclaim. I think this person might have been emulating behavior they’d seen - on line or in person. Maybe they wanted wanted to prove themselves to someone or some group. If so, this person appears to be critically pier pressure sensitive. And if they weren’t a late teen at the time, they were/are severely stunted in maturity/judgement. (TBH I don’t think it’s a late teen, I think it’s a mid to late 20’s person.)

I’m just so very curious about both tools. In a “proper” burglary, what does one tool offer that the other doesn’t? We’re not hanging pictures or otherwise hammering things. Precision isn’t necessary. I don’t get the hammer. If you didn’t have a prybar? Sure. Bring a hammer. But with a prybar? It feels unnecessary. In combination with the prybar, it feels amateur, novice.

And again I wonder how this type of person emerges from this act. We’re 8 years on. I suspect they were social media driven beforehand - and afterward. Might that be a trail to follow?

That looks like quite a tool!
Yes. I think this person is /was inexperienced in using the tools. But evidently they knew/thought the tools chosen could be used for such purposes. I wonder if they hung around with, knew people who broke into properties or somehow vandalized properties they were otherwise permitted to be in and recorded themselves doing so. And then shared the videos to minor acclaim. I think this person might have been emulating behavior they’d seen - on line or in person. Maybe they wanted wanted to prove themselves to someone or some group. If so, this person appears to be critically pier pressure sensitive. And if they weren’t a late teen at the time, they were/are severely stunted in maturity/judgement. (TBH I don’t think it’s a late teen, I think it’s a mid to late 20’s person.)

I’m just so very curious about both tools. In a “proper” burglary, what does one tool offer that the other doesn’t? We’re not hanging pictures or otherwise hammering things. Precision isn’t necessary. I don’t get the hammer. If you didn’t have a prybar? Sure. Bring a hammer. But with a prybar? It feels unnecessary. In combination with the prybar, it feels amateur, novice.

And again I wonder how this type of person emerges from this act. We’re 8 years on. I suspect they were social media driven beforehand - and afterward. Might that be a trail to follow?
Yes, I agree. And the video quality is unfortunate…… I am particularly looking at about 57 seconds in or around that time.

As I watch it again, another option for that implement might be a welding hammer? It has such a long odd looking head? And it almost appears as though the assailant is removing and placing or storing some implements within the vest or jacket front? If that be the case, I am not certain how much of those actions qualify as a ‘pro’ burglar? Granted I am not speaking from personal experience. MOO

Attachments

• IMG_6803.png
    IMG_6803.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 1
Has anyone considered that it was a teenage boy? Maybe as young as 13 or 14? I could see someone that age breaking in wearing something like that and freaking out when they were caught. It seems like a crime a male would commit but they don't act like a grown man and the height of the killer is quite small according to the police. If this is the case it would make it very difficult to figure out who it was because no one would suspect someone that age and their height would most likely be different. The killer could be a 6 foot 2, 21 year old man right now when everyone's looking for a 5 foot 4 older man or woman with a funny walk.

Yes, I agree. And the video quality is unfortunate…… I am particularly looking at about 57 seconds in or around that time.

As I watch it again, another option for that implement might be a welding hammer? It has such a long odd looking head? And it almost appears as though the assailant is removing and placing or storing some implements within the vest or jacket front? If that be the case, I am not certain how much of those actions qualify as a ‘pro’ burglar? Granted I am not speaking from personal experience. MOO
Who uses a hammer(whatever type of hammer) together with a prybar? Pre reno demo guys? Who else? I don’t know. But it feels like a rather particular set of tools with little to absolute zero hands on experience using them in real life.
I suspect it’s not a teen, because of the murder. Most teens would have fought and fled or given up. But some stunted idiot in their mid to late 20’s might have, in the moment, realized what they had to lose - especially single parents.

The random burglary or LARPer theories just don’t sit right with me, partly becuase it’s such a baffling choice of location and time (if LARPing) for such activities, and partly because killing MB is such a baffling choice. I’d think a random burglar or LARPer would be far more inclined to run away and avoid being caught than to murder a human. Especially given the wee hour and rural location, which would suggest this person wanted to avoid other people if at all possible (if they were indeed a burglar or LARPer).

That said, it’s certainly not implausible. Just feels unlikely to me.

Also - I don’t think the fact an arrest hasn’t been made is proof that this was not someone known to MB. It could be that the police have a strong suspicion, but feel they don’t yet have a strong enough case to prosecute.

All JMO.

Has anyone considered that it was a teenage boy? Maybe as young as 13 or 14? I could see someone that age breaking in wearing something like that and freaking out when they were caught. It seems like a crime a male would commit but they don't act like a grown man and the height of the killer is quite small according to the police. If this is the case it would make it very difficult to figure out who it was because no one would suspect someone that age and their height would most likely be different. The killer could be a 6 foot 2, 21 year old man right now when everyone's looking for a 5 foot 4 older man or woman with a funny walk.

The random burglary or LARPer theories just don’t sit right with me, partly becuase it’s such a baffling choice of location and time (if LARPing) for such activities, and partly because killing MB is such a baffling choice. I’d think a random burglar or LARPer would be far more inclined to run away and avoid being caught than to murder a human. Especially given the wee hour and rural location, which would suggest this person wanted to avoid other people if at all possible (if they were indeed a burglar or LARPer).

That said, it’s certainly not implausible. Just feels unlikely to me.

Also - I don’t think the fact an arrest hasn’t been made is proof that this was not someone known to MB. It could be that the police have a strong suspicion, but feel they don’t yet have a strong enough case to prosecute.

All JMO.
Not only is this person very clearly not "LARPing", they also had an extremely quick escape route.

How much time was there between attacking Missy and Missy being found? A teen boy (clearly NOT LARPing) freaks out and kills a stranger by accident (when not intending to harm anyone initially) and has the calm and cool to quickly escape and not be seen by any of the campgoers coming in?

I really wish I could resist replying to this absurd theory but it really irks me that anyone thinks this was a teen goofing off at 430am in a church way off the highway.

My biggest problems with this is the perp clearly had an escape plan.

They were GONE the second they took Missy out.

I simply cannot fathom why anyone would be that fully decked out, at that hour, at a church way off the highway, and just happen to kill a woman and escape that easily, especially if all they were there to do was live out a fantasy.

I see absolutely no role-playing happening at all. This person is not pretending to have a long rifle out, is not interacting with imaginary people, and is not pretending to do anything remotely related to SWAT. They are not pretending to clear any rooms, and anyone role-playing wants to be seen and wants to emulate a certain person and/or their actions. They do not even so much as pretend to "file in" to clear a room.

I always get baited into discussing this over and over again but I just simply cannot wrap my head around the mental gymnastics involved to think this was completely unplanned or random.
Very good points.

I actually think that SWAT creep DID NOT have an escape plan - and that’s the reason Missy was killed.
I think this was a first and very likely only murder for SWAT creep.
I think that he killed only after being completely startled and not thinking that he could get away undetected unless he killed Missy.
If he had an escape plan he could have just quickly left the church after encountering Missy.
I think he was afraid that if he didn’t kill her, she would identify him or his vehicle and that he would be caught.
I think her killing was very random.
I can’t even remember what happened to her - was it a gunshot?
I don’t think details have been released.

ABSOLUTELY- agree this is a distinct possibility.

I think it would be harder for someone that young to sneak out of their parents house unnoticed though- especially on a week night/ school night.
I think they were a bit older - at least later teens / twenties - but you never know.

Very good points.

I actually think that SWAT creep DID NOT have an escape plan - and that’s the reason Missy was killed.
I think that he killed only after being completely startled and not thinking that he could get away undetected unless he killed Missy.
If he had an escape plan he could have just quickly left the church after encountering Missy.
I think he was afraid that if he didn’t kill her, she would identify him or his vehicle and that he would be caught.

I think it would be harder for someone that young to sneak out of their parents house unnoticed though- especially on a week night/ school night.
I think they were a bit older - at least later teens / twenties - but you never know.
As I understand, remember most people, in emergencies, seek their route of entry to exit. However inconvenient.

Very good points.

This person very obviously HAD an escape plan!! Not a trace of them was seen or heard.

This person DID leave the church quickly and undetected after killing Missy!

This is just reinforcing my points that this was targeted and calculated.

This person very obviously HAD an escape plan!! Not a trace of them was seen or heard.

This person DID leave the church quickly and undetected after killing Missy!

This is just reinforcing my points that this was targeted and calculated.
Just because a murderer isn’t caught that doesn’t mean he’s anything more than simply lucky.
I don’t find it odd in the least that he left immediately after killing her and wasn’t seen.
This was a very, very dark area with no street lights on the side of a small rural highway with absolutely no direct line of sight from any structure.
There are clumps of trees/ wooded areas surrounding to some extent but I think this perp drove- no reason to hide in any trees.
There were no cameras to pick up his license plates within miles.
I believe wholeheartedly that Missy simply walked into the wrong place at the wrong time and SWAT creep was startled and felt threatened by her thereby impulsively killed her.
I have driven by this church numerous times and I can attest that 8 years ago it would have been very easy to escape the scene with nobody seeing you.
The area has grown exponentially in the past 8 years and is growing quickly because of the DFW area population jump since Covid. 8 years ago this church was smack dab IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
Please let me know exactly WHO you think targeted Missy.
I have been open to that idea but I’m just not seeing it.
Our Texas detectives are extremely competent and the FBI knows what they are doing.
Anyone who could possibly have wanted Missy gone would have been arrested by now. This was a random & totally “off the radar” killing. That’s why he hasn’t been caught.
I personally believe SWAT creep could be right under their noses or even holding down a job in law enforcement or security job.
Think about Libby & Abbey’s killer right under their noses for years despite sketches of his face, knowing his height and build and much better photos. It’s not always easy to catch a random killer.
All IMHO

Just because a murderer isn’t caught that doesn’t mean he’s anything more than simply lucky.
I don’t find it odd in the least that he left immediately after killing her and wasn’t seen.
This was a very, very dark area with no street lights on the side of a small rural highway with absolutely no direct line of sight from any structure.
There are clumps of trees/ wooded areas surrounding to some extent but I think this perp drove- no reason to hide in any trees.
There were no cameras to pick up his license plates within miles.
I believe wholeheartedly that Missy simply walked into the wrong place at the wrong time and SWAT creep was startled and felt threatened by her thereby impulsively killed her.
I have driven by this church numerous times and I can attest that 8 years ago it would have been very easy to escape the scene with nobody seeing you.
The area has grown exponentially in the past 8 years and is growing quickly because of the DFW area population jump since Covid. 8 years ago this church was smack dab IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
Please let me know exactly WHO you think targeted Missy.

I have been open to that idea but I’m just not seeing it.
Our Texas detectives are extremely competent and the FBI knows what they are doing.
Anyone who could possibly have wanted Missy gone would have been arrested by now. This was a random & totally “off the radar” killing. That’s why he hasn’t been caught.
I personally believe SWAT creep could be right under their noses or even holding down a job in law enforcement or security job.
Think about Libby & Abbey’s killer right under their noses for years despite sketches of his face, knowing his height and build and much better photos. It’s not always easy to catch a random killer.
All IMHO
Yes, exactly, middle of nowhere and was ambushed knowing she would be alone.

In laws, a scorned wife, a specific unhinged lady, a former security guard, lots of potential suspects.

Just really feels like the lazy way out to say this was random.

So this article has the timeline as
3:50 suspect breaks into church
4:20 Missy enters building
4:35 camp participants arrive to the church
5:00 two 911 calls are made

Also the church is only about 250 feet from the highway and there are some homes (not many) within walking distance of the church.

I have always believed Missy's murder was targeted. The rain had nothing to do with it. It was planned down to the minute detail for that particular day.

The killer busted out the glass doors on the NE corner. There are photos showing those double doors as boarded post-murder. That was their exit point, imho. Hence, they did not leave in the way in which they entered at the exterior kitchen door.

Investigators may need to go back to the beginning. Somewhere along the way there was a misstep in the investigation. JMO

Someone knows who this killer is. Some day an arrest will be made.

I have always believed Missy's murder was targeted. The rain had nothing to do with it. It was planned down to the minute detail for that particular day.

The killer busted out the glass doors on the NE corner. There are photos showing those double doors as boarded post-murder. That was their exit point, imho. Hence, they did not leave in the way in which they entered at the exterior kitchen door.

Investigators may need to go back to the beginning. Somewhere along the way there was a misstep in the investigation. JMO

Someone knows who this killer is. Some day an arrest will be made.
The kitchen entrance is another thing.

When planning to attack her, the kitchen seems like the safest logical choice to break into the building with, as it would be the least likely place Missy would enter and see the signs of forced entry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLawliet0
Back