TX TX - Weatherford, near I-20, WhtFem 35-55, 227UFTX, wig & glasses in purse, Sz 7 shoes, Oct'98

I'm a little confused on this one. They list time of death as being 1-4 weeks. Then they list her as possibly having had a mastectomy.

If she had been dead only 1 week, wouldn't she likely have some soft tissue left? My mother had breast cancer, had her breast removed and you can definitely tell. If this woman had any soft tissue, I would think you could tell that.

I guess I'm curious as to whether she was just skeletal remains....

I'm a little confused on this one. They list time of death as being 1-4 weeks. Then they list her as possibly having had a mastectomy.

If she had been dead only 1 week, wouldn't she likely have some soft tissue left? My mother had breast cancer, had her breast removed and you can definitely tell. If this woman had any soft tissue, I would think you could tell that.

I guess I'm curious as to whether she was just skeletal remains....

I am thinking so as they were unable to get fingerprints. It seems to me that the mastectomy aspect was because of the clothing vs. evidence left at the scene.

Hmmm...when looking for the amnesia woman's identity...I ran across a missing woman who had a double mastectomy. I need to find her again.

This woman's jawline is rather unusual looking to me for some reason. Almost masculine...very squared off from the side view. Weird looking...but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Also, resale clothing stores often cut out the tags/labels. (Not sure why...but I guess some of those places feel labels aren't important or they have people's names on them perhaps.)

Hi, ive been reading here at websleuths a while before joining (nice to meet you all) and a thought keeps occuring to me when i see this one.

The reconstructive model to me looks like what seriously searching said above, "almost masculine" and thats part of my thinking on this.

Is it possible that the person could have once been a man? From the description given about the unidentified its stated "Sutures in her pelvic region possibly suggest a hysterectomy, and either two breast implants or prosthetic breasts. Her bra was a "pocket bra" with a facing on the inside to hold prosthetic breasts. This may suggest a possible mastectomy. "

I am wondering if the sutures in the pelvic region could also "suggest" a sex change operation because of also being combined with a "pocket bra" to hold prosthetic breasts and to me this might also explain why the person would be wearing a wig.

I dont know what all they do during an autopsy or how closely this aspect would have been examined or how evident superficially a sex change operation would be to one who didnt know one had occured but also have heard that this kind of thing can cause depression in individuals who maybe regretted it afterward.

Anyway thats just been a thought ive had about it because the model does look very masculine to me.

That's a very interesting thought, Angel!

I was also thinking that the UID may have been wearing the wig because of hair loss due to cancer treatments (hence the possible hysterectomy/mastectomy).

I work at an OB/GYN, so that stuff kind of pops out at me. :)

Ive been trying to read up on that procedure because i am wondering how evident it would be after surgery - one thing that stuck me also - that when a person is going to have that done they are suppose to go ahead and live for a while as the opposite sex while they are preparing for the surgery which to me would explain the wig (while growing out ones own hair and to complete the look )and prosthetic breasts- it might also explain why the labels might be cut out of the clothing depending on what they wanted family members to know at that point.

I also read that there is a great deal of depression involved also and its not uncommon for one to become suicidal after this kind of surgery. Its very expensive and usually only one of means can afford it which would explain the extensive expensive dental work also.

Anyway, i could be totally off the wall here too , its just a thought that occured to me looking at the model. It just really looks very masculine.

I was looking at this one again - i knew it kept bugging me that i had seen someone who resembled the model and had recently had a hysterectomy also and it was this one - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1951dftx.html -the dates dont match but goodness this woman resembles the figure and it says she recently also had a hysterectomy - is it possible the dates could be off and they could be the same person?

That's an interesting theory about her being transgendered. I believe the medical examiner would be able to tell gender (that is, what gender a person was born with) by looking at things such as the hip bones - they are different in men and women. Perhaps since she was found with female clothing it was just assumed she was a woman and they didn't consider that.

This is a strange one.

Is it possible she was in the federal witness protection program? Is there any way to find that out?

That's an interesting theory about her being transgendered. I believe the medical examiner would be able to tell gender (that is, what gender a person was born with) by looking at things such as the hip bones - they are different in men and women. Perhaps since she was found with female clothing it was just assumed she was a woman and they didn't consider that.

You are right, sex could be determined based on the width of the pelvis. The female pelvis is both wider and broader. It has a butterfly shaped pelvic opening. You can also see differences in the overall thickness of the bones as females tend to have thinner bones than men.

They also use cranial differences between men and women. Its too detailed to go into right now but there are many differences between the shape of the male and female skull.

I think we can take the information at face value. She most certainly was a woman who underwent a hysterectomy. There are very few surgical scars that mimic those that are found with hysterectomies. Of course there are exceptions to every rule!
:crazy:

This is a strange one.

Is it possible she was in the federal witness protection program? Is there any way to find that out?

Thats an interesting thought too- only the FBI would know that - i wonder if they keep up with people in that way afterward?

This is one ive been looking at for a while now :

I came across this and her smile looks like this model to me and also says she wore large framed glasses and had a hysterectomy - http://www.nampn.org/cases/medlin_sharon.html
Missing Since: May 2, 1998 from Greer, South Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 14, 1948
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dyed hair (red).
Wears glasses with brown large plastic frames or contacts.
Cesarean Section scar on abdomen, hysterectomy scar,
scar in the shape of a half circle on forearm, pierced ears.
medlin_sharon.jpg
227UFTX5.jpg
Located on October 7, 1998

I think it's a good match. The height bothers me though, because it's a little off.

I think a quick glance at dental records can tell if this is a match or not.

I think its a good one, you should follow up on it. The height bothers me a bit, and no mention of any possible mastectomies. But, I vote follow up on it. :clap:

My Mom, Diana Harris did wear glasses like this unidentified. I have no proof of her dentures, although I am going by what some family members have told me. I have looked at this lady also because if my Mom was alive still at the time, she very well may have been in hiding. I do not think it's her, but does look like her some. Can't see her living in hiding all that time and not contacting anyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery
Back