TX TX - Weatherford, near I-20, WhtFem 35-55, 227UFTX, wig & glasses in purse, Sz 7 shoes, Oct'98

I compared the unidentified to the picture of my Mom with her glasses on and I can see now a lot more resemblance. The mouth area looks just like my Mom's. I was told that my Mom had only partial dentures, either full on top or bottom, no one in my family seems to know for sure. I don't see the unidentified as having dentures on top or bottom with expensive dental work on the opposite side. She does look an aweful lot like her though. I wish they'd have made one too with no smile.

The height and weight would be right. In 1998 my Mom would have been 45. She had relatives in Austin, Tx, at the time. Mom has not been heard from since July 15, 1981. She disappeared after telling her MI. friend of a drug bust about to happen in the Florida Keys where she disappeared from.

Christine81 - I am so sorry about your mother. Do you know if she has a thread here on websleuths? Also, do you know if she is listed in all the missing persons websites? There is a thread here on websleuths that give a very good list of resources, ideas, etc. for use when a person has a missing loved one. I'll go get the link.

Here's the link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31441

If we do not have a thread for your mother, we can make one if you like. There are many people here that have lost or are missing loved ones and they are a great support resource, not to mention smarter then heck at searching and following up on leads, etc. Please let us know how we can help you.

Prayers to you and your family,

Salem

There is an UID in Texas that was found 22 yrs after Ms Reyes went missing. Long way between TX and NJ, the ages would be off if age of UID correcdt, but can't help noticing the resemblance. What do you wonderfully talented comparison sleuths think? I'm not very good at this. Please let me know if this has been looked at before.
Thanks.
[SIZE=-1]www.doenetwork.org/cases/227uftx.html vs http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/513dfnj.html[/SIZE]

The dates are way off. The UID was believed to be deceased only a few weeks and the MP was ill and very weak when she went missing. It doesn't sound as if she was well enough without medical attention to leave and remain alive over 20 yrs elsewhere.

jmo

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but you never know. The UID was obviously hiding her identity for whatever reason and I think there is a resemblance to Ms. Reyes. Just wondering if anyone else thought that there might be a possibility that she did run away and survived her illness for that length of time. She would have been 70 which is quite a bit older than the 35-55 estimated for UID. Just had to run it past someone else. Thanks Cubby.

This case is nagging at the periphery of my mind!!! I think the UID and the possible match with Reyes look very similar. The biggest problem I see is the age difference. What do we know??

The UID: Found Oct 7, 1978 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas.
Perceived to be fairly young - 35 - 55 years old. (Missing Maria Reves would have been 70 years old).
Possible breast implants or prosthetic breast because of the bra that was with her. The bra had pockets for something.... which equals prosthetic breast IMHO. Why would you have surgery and then need a bra with prosthetic breast pockets??? Unless the surgery was recent..... (Maria Reves had undergone a recent masectomy prior to her disappearnce 22 years earlier). Found with brown wig and sunglasses, as if trying to disguise herself.

Demographics: 5'3"-5'7"; 130-160 lbs.

Expensive dental work, estimated at
$30,000-$35,000

Maria Reyes - Missing since March, 1976 from Pompton Lakes, Passaic County, New Jersey.
48 years old at time of disappearance (March 1976), which would have made her 70 years old at the time the UID was found.
Known to be a small woman, she was 80-90 pounds at her disappearance.
Had recently undergone mastectomy at time of disappearnce - (1998 - 1976 = 22 years before UID found).

Summary - they do look similar.
- Maria Reyes had a mastectomy, and the UID possibly did (probably did).
- Maria would have been 70 years old when the UID was found. The UID was thought to be 35-55.
- Maria has no mention of expensive dental work. The UID had expensive dental work

It seems very unlikely, but not completely ridiculous. Carlk, Snuf, other WS'ers????

It seems very unlikely, but not completely ridiculous. Carlk, Snuf, other WS'ers????

I don't see it. Aside from the masectomy, they don't have that much in common.

Although generally, skeletal age estimates are more difficult to pin down the older the person is, they shouldn't have any trouble differentiating the bones of a 70-year old from those of a person between 35 and 55

I don't see it. Aside from the masectomy, they don't have that much in common.

Although generally, skeletal age estimates are more difficult to pin down the older the person is, they shouldn't have any trouble differentiating the bones of a 70-year old from those of a person between 35 and 55

Thank you Carlk!!! I totally respect your opinion, and I agree. The age difference is just too much in this case. Now, I am obsessed with finding out who the UID really was, however!! Aghhh!!!! She obviously had a life that allowed her good dental work, so why is she not in a Missing Person's database???? As if I needed another case to obsess over!!

There seems to be some margin of error. Like this case in which the initial report said a skeletal discovery was a woman in her late thirties and it turned out she was 62.
Identified! WA-Woman's skeletal remains found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What I don't understand is, if the UID could have died one week before she was discovered, how come they're just suggesting "possible hysterectomy" and "possible mastectomy". Could the body have been decomposed to such an extent in a week that they couldn't tell for sure if all the organs were there or not?

If sutures were visible in her pelvic region, wouldn't that indicate a very recent hysterectomy or other pelvic surgery? I believe there is a type of suture thread that dissolves naturally in the body, so if the coroner could see the thread itself, wouldn't that mean she'd had surgery very recently?

ETA: After doing some research online (yegads, don't Google this stuff at work!) I learned that some manufacturers do sell clear silicone "breast forms" to be worn in a pocket bra and they closely resemble the type used in surgery. See: http://www.breastformswholesale.com/
That would explain why the coroner couldn't determine if the breast forms were implants or simply worn in the bra pockets.

I still don't understand how you can have a body that has been dead for maybe a week and have the bra and the breasts so decomposed that you can't tell whether the silicone thingy is inside fleshy tissue or inside the bra. I suppose the fillings could have fallen off the bra pockets and they also might have fallen off the body if the tissue holding them in place decomposed but does that happen so completely in a week or does it suggest that she had been dead for a longer time?

The UID was a suicide, right??? Could it be that she shot herself in the chest with a shotgun or something?? Maybe that would explain why the coroner couldn't tell where the implants originally were located.

I still don't understand how you can have a body that has been dead for maybe a week and have the bra and the breasts so decomposed that you can't tell whether the silicone thingy is inside fleshy tissue or inside the bra. I suppose the fillings could have fallen off the bra pockets and they also might have fallen off the body if the tissue holding them in place decomposed but does that happen so completely in a week or does it suggest that she had been dead for a longer time?

I hear you and totally agree Donjeta. In fact, implants should survive the decomposition process altogether.

here is the Namus page for this UID:

https://identifyus.org/cases/3572

here are the official rule-outs:

Susan Adams 1947 Idaho
Elizabeth Allen 1957 Washington
Elizabeth Bryant 1960 Virginia
Wilda Cross 1953 Louisiana
Traci Kelley 1965 Texas
Tina Ledet 1958 Louisiana
Jordan Loucks 1966 Texas
Mary Miller 1932 Utah
Bonnie Schultz 1951 Indiana
Agnes Shoe 1942 New York
Nancy Snow 1936 Maryland
Sandra Sollie 1955 New York
April Vlk 1954 South Carolina
Charlene White 1958 California
Sheri White 1964 Alaska
Joyce Yost 1946 Utah

I still think someone should submit the Medlin tip....I think she looks very similar to the JD.

I also think that the transgender theory is very interesting...how in-depth do autopsies for Jane Does really go? Would they have determined her gender medically or just assume that the doe was in fact female? I recall other cases where Does were originally thought to be one gender but ended up being the other, but I think the few cases I remember were children...not adults...It just makes one wonder how much time they really spend on the autopsies of unidentified bodies.

Also perhaps she was a female to male transgender...as F-M often undergo mastectomies as well as hysterectomies...and as she seemed to be perhaps trying to hide her identity (removed the clothing tags, no id) maybe she dressed as a woman again (wig, prosthetic breasts) to make certain she would not be identified.

Also I wonder if she really did wear glasses. Since they were described as very inexpensive, perhaps she got them at a thrift store (or stole them), in order to hide her identity even further. I just find it odd that a person with 30k + worth of dental work would wear a very cheap pair of eyeglasses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back