UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

I am wondering if these two men are perhaps innocent regarding Andrew but still suspected in other charges, perhaps a potential victim looked like AG leading to a tip. Or potentially: pics of Andrew on their devices without knowing anything about the case. Wondering if ALL charges are dropped or just these specific ones... MOO

idk how i have followed this case for years and never noticed his ear ridge before so i am posting this here (idk how i could forget that?!)
1695261912030.png

Last edited:
just going back and thinking. Posting as a reminder.

In September 2017 Mick Neville, retired head of the Metropolitan Police's Central Images Unit, drew comparisons between Sloley's disappearance and that of another bright maths student who disappeared without a trace in London.[11] Andrew Gosden was 14 when he disappeared in 2007, less than a year before Sloley.[11] Gosden's last known location was King's Cross, and when Sloley disappeared he was thought to have been on his way to Islington, which is two miles from King's Cross.[11] "It raises the question on whether there is a serial killer on the prowl? ...the potential links between these cases need to be recognised," said Neville.[11]

Wow. Definitely didn’t expect this lead to end up nowhere. How how how did the investigators link the men to AG’s case and then come away with nothing?? Where did the initial link come from?
Hopefully investigators can find the right path now, but this must be devastating for the family.

IMO possible.
I think he was lured to London by more than just needing a day off, and I think all 14-year-olds are really vulnerable.
I think if an accident had occured, he would have been found and that evidence points to him planning to return home. What do you think?
I agree. I’ve always suspected another person/persons are involved in some way. No doubt Andrew was incredibly smart but being book smart and street smart are worlds apart, esp at that age.

So disappointed that these leads have come to nothing after all these months. Can't begin to imagine how the Gosden's feel. What a gracious statement from them.
Somehow I feel less optimistic that Andrew is alive than I did before though.
Wow. Definitely didn’t expect this lead to end up nowhere. How how how did the investigators link the men to AG’s case and then come away with nothing?? Where did the initial link come from?
Hopefully investigators can find the right path now, but this must be devastating for the family.
These are all questions I have too. It is such a specific link that it is difficult to imagine it didn't pan out.

Missing for 16 years, 1 month and 21 days (wiki)

Bumping.
Unfortunately with the dissolution of the lead surrounding the two men investigated over the last 18 months, I have real fears the case might be back to square one. Hopefully investigators do have some sort of trace to follow that we aren’t yet aware of, but seeing as they felt there may be some relevance to the two men who have since been cleared at least in regards to AG, I’m just not sure if investigators have other avenues at the time being.

I just listened to the Casefile Podcast. No new information, but it's a strong summary for anyone wanting to review the case.

It covers everything up to what is currently known. It is emotionally difficult to listen to at several points.

I heard one small error. That Andrew's parents have not even changed their door locks, in case he returns. IMO his father said in a more recent interview they finally did have to change the locks for safety reasons.

Nov 15, 2023 article

[…]

Kevin Gosden, whose son Andrew vanished in September 2007, supports the plan for urgent missing person appeals to appear on mobile phones via the Trainline app.

Mr Gosden, from Doncaster, said the scheme could have made a difference when Andrew disappeared.

Charity Missing People said the app could reach millions of UK rail users.

[…]

Andrew discussed the Madeleine McCann case with his father a few weeks before he disappeared. Perhaps he intentionally disappeared and was inspired by Maddie?

Andrew discussed the Madeleine McCann case with his father a few weeks before he disappeared. Perhaps he intentionally disappeared and was inspired by Maddie?
The Madeleine McCann case was absolutely huge at the time, it was wall to wall coverage. I think everyone talked about it with someone they knew.

It's still making headlines from time to time now, almost 17 years on, and she remains a household name. Undoubtedly she's the most famous British missing person since Lord Lucan.

I REALLY wouldn't read anything into Andrew discussing the case.

The Madeleine McCann case was absolutely huge at the time, it was wall to wall coverage. I think everyone talked about it with someone they knew.

It's still making headlines from time to time now, almost 17 years on, and she remains a household name. Undoubtedly she's the most famous British missing person since Lord Lucan.

I REALLY wouldn't read anything into Andrew discussing the case.
Maddie is arguably more well known than Lord Lucan at this point. Maddie is so famous that her parents are household names.
I probably would have been different, but I can't imagine most nerdy 14 year old boys discussing any true crime case.

Maddie is arguably more well known than Lord Lucan at this point. Maddie is so famous that her parents are household names.
I probably would have been different, but I can't imagine most nerdy 14 year old boys discussing any true crime case.

think you'd be surprised. I was a lot like Andrew, but female - a year apart in age, a bit nerdy and in possession of a very similar collection of band t shirts. I remember Kerrang magazine covering his case a lot because of the music link.

Honestly the whole country was talking about it, I don't find it even slightly surprising that he discussed it.

Of all the missing persons cases, however, that would be an odd one for Andrew to identify with / try to emulate. She was 3 years old, clearly abducted rather than going missing voluntarily, and it happened abroad.

think you'd be surprised. I was a lot like Andrew, but female - a year apart in age, a bit nerdy and in possession of a very similar collection of band t shirts. I remember Kerrang magazine covering his case a lot because of the music link.

Honestly the whole country was talking about it, I don't find it even slightly surprising that he discussed it.

Of all the missing persons cases, however, that would be an odd one for Andrew to identify with / try to emulate. She was 3 years old, clearly abducted rather than going missing voluntarily, and it happened abroad.
He was 14. I doubt he was thinking logically about the circumstances of the Maddie case. I thought about disappearing when I was like 10 after hearing about Maddie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back