UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

Andrew's disappearance is heavily linked to trafficking, but how can we be 100% that this trafficking was of a sexual nature? Drug trafficking is a major problem in big cities such as London. Perhaps he was approached by a drug dealer and was recruited to join county lines?

Andrew's disappearance is heavily linked to trafficking

Is it? I don't think there is *evidence* he was abducted or trafficked. At least no evidence that has been released. It's just one theory or possibility.

(I personally think he was probably abducted, but based on what I think is most likely, not on evidence. This is unfortunately a case with no "known" leads, IMO.)

Is it? I don't think there is *evidence* he was abducted or trafficked. At least no evidence that has been released. It's just one theory or possibility.

(I personally think he was probably abducted, but based on what I think is most likely, not on evidence. This is unfortunately a case with no "known" leads
By "link" I meant that this is the most common theory

I used to hope to Andrew went away to start a new life, but I personally can't see it anymore. I do think he could still be alive on the streets or possibly in captivity.

I don't think he is being held captive. I think he was preyed upon by an opportunist hanging around the station and sadly was most likely dead by the end of the day.

It's also possible that he was abducted off the street by an organised paedophile ring, and he looked slightly younger than 14 so it's not implausible that he was taken and used, but that still means to me that he is long disposed of.

Of course I hope neither of these things happened and Andrew chose to leave for whatever reason, and is alive and well somewhere just living the life he wanted. I do wish that if this is what happened he finds it in his heart to let his parents know he is safe and well. They deserve that peace of mind.

The main thing that has always intrigued me is why on earth did he get up one day and decide to skip school and hop on a train to London? I think once he arrived in London it was likely he was preyed upon due to looking younger than 14 and not being streetwise. But what provoked him to go in the first place? I feel like it must've been to meet someone, yet they never found evidence of it and this was before mobile phones? Why the one way ticket? Maybe he didn't fully understand when ticket lady explained about a return? Why take his game console but no charger? The not knowing must torture his family. :(

I don't think he is being held captive. I think he was preyed upon by an opportunist hanging around the station and sadly was most likely dead by the end of the day.

It's also possible that he was abducted off the street by an organised paedophile ring, and he looked slightly younger than 14 so it's not implausible that he was taken and used, but that still means to me that he is long disposed of.

Of course I hope neither of these things happened and Andrew chose to leave for whatever reason, and is alive and well somewhere just living the life he wanted. I do wish that if this is what happened he finds it in his heart to let his parents know he is safe and well. They deserve that peace of mind.
What is your opinion on my drug trafficking theory?

Why? It seems more likely than him being in captivity or that he started a new life off his own back.
He's not exactly what drug traffickers look for in a mule. Stable family with stable income, very likely to be missed and searched for. Typically, they go for more vulnerable individuals with little to no support system to notice they're gone.
JMO, AFAIK, etc.

He's not exactly what drug traffickers look for in a mule. Stable family with stable income, very likely to be missed and searched for. Typically, they go for more vulnerable individuals with little to no support system to notice they're gone.
JMO, AFAIK, etc.
Andrew seemed "vulnerable" in that he would probably be easily manipulated.
I agree the theory is probably a stretch but so are many of the theories about his disappearance. I am surprised that this theory has never been mentioned before (or at least to my knowledge).

This is just such a confusing case, because it's not even known if he was lured to London by someone or just wanted to spend a day there but was seen and then targeted by someone. And if he was lured or randomly targeted, how did they manage to do it? And why seemingly only him and no other victims targeted from London?

(Aside from some people wondering whether there is a link between Andrew and Alex Sloley's case.)

This is just such a confusing case, because it's not even known if he was lured to London by someone or just wanted to spend a day there but was seen and then targeted by someone. And if he was lured or randomly targeted, how did they manage to do it? And why seemingly only him and no other victims targeted from London?

(Aside from some people wondering whether there is a link between Andrew and Alex Sloley's case.)
But there COULD be a link between this case and Alex Sloley. I would also like to see the police investigate a possible link with the Ruth Wilson case.

But there COULD be a link between this case and Alex Sloley. I would also like to see the police investigate a possible link with the Ruth Wilson case.

I don't know how police could investigate whether the cases are related when/if they have no leads in the cases.
It's just my speculation that no one but Andrew and whomever abducted him knows where he is, and if Alex's friends know something, they were too afraid to talk. I don't know enough about Ruth's case. But I think all three cases seem to have significantly different circumstances.
ETA: But JMO. Of course I could be wrong.

I don't know how police could investigate whether the cases are related when/if they have no leads in the cases.
It's just my speculation that no one but Andrew and whomever abducted him knows where he is, and if Alex's friends know something, they were too afraid to talk. I don't know enough about Ruth's case. But I think all three cases seem to have significantly different circumstances.
ETA: But JMO. Of course I could be wrong.
I looked up about Alex Sloley and it sounds like he was probably murdered due to a gang dispute.
Ruth Wilson's case was likely foul play in my opinion.

It sounds like Andrew's father has been creating some woodwork- dragons, etc- in the forest as a volunteer hobby and had some tools go missing. They're looking to replace the tools. Just a small "human interest" piece.

And nice that he has found some peace in the forest.

"Kevin Gosden, who has a 17-year hunt for his missing son Andrew, was working at Jackdaw Wood in Scawthorpe when thieves snatched a bag containing tools..."

Last edited:
The longer version (18 minutes long) of the documentary "The Lad We Knew" about Andrew's case was released a few days ago on Youtube. (Easy to find by title). His father, Kevin, speaks in the documentary, including about what it's like to live with that ambiguous loss and how in retrospect, they really did not see any warning signs prior to Andrew going missing. ETA: There is also good information about the "Missing People" charity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back