UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: What kind of bins and what kind of Lorry are we talking here? is it a bin that a human picks up and empties into the truck? is it a big metal bin that the truck picks up and dumps?

And why does this area have so many dang cameras?

I'm not familiar with 'find my phone' apps -- they use GPS?

So the police could send a copper out with a cheap used phone from a car boot sale and stick a sim card in it, stick it in the same bin at 3 am on a Saturday morning, wait for the bin lorry, and then keep pinging the phone with the 'find my phone' app and see what comes back to them? They could also glue a note onto the phone's screen and leather case (with the phone in a case) saying "call this number if you find this phone/case" and wait and see if they get a phone call and then question the person who found the phone/case and check it's condition after a trip in a recycling bin lorry. If no one phones, that might be because they chose not to, or it indicates the test phone is not discovered during sorting.

But if those 'find my phone' apps need gps turned on, then I'm not sure how you'd do the test for a phone with gps turned off?

And if it's that important to the family and the police can't run a test like this, then the family have some money and this would only cost a few tens of quid for the used phone, sim cards can be got for free, if one is necessary, and petrol money to the horseshoe. I would personally want to replicate conditions with the timing of the bin lorry if possible...and traffic conditions and atmospheric conditions will be different at night compared to in the daytime.
Find my phone needs a signal. My better half couldn't find his phone today- tried the tracker on it- no signal. It was in his office on camp, literally round the corner from our house with a perfect signal. Which reminded me on, does the 5km circle cover the base? Whenever my hubbie is away, he has to drive to the edge/outside the wire to get a decent signal. It's been a running annoyance for us for years, regardless of posting- mobile signal on camps don't tend to work very well.
just as an aside- judging by the comments today from Nicola and the people drafted in to help, plus a comment by uncle tony that can not be quoted, I'm redrafting my opinion and think AWOL is possibly back in the picture. I don't have enough in msm so can't elaborate further, but definately one to still think about.

I keep seeing this theory that the video of him in the doorway is "too distressing" I've never seen that anywhere other than here so I find that hard to believe, hence theory... however even if it was too distressing it could be something as simple as him being sick (he's had a lot to drink, a lot to eat....wouldn't be the first to be sick on a night out).

However I still see it as a theory, as I've only seen it discussed on here and when others have asked for the original source no one can find it.

So that leaves 1 hour 12 minutes where the phone could be put in to another Biffa bin; collected by the same wagon. Hence the question about earlier collections. The reason I ask is that there is another Greggs.... On Abbeygate Street and their bins are collected from Higher Baxter Street. A route I think he took.

Ah ok, I see where you're going with that now. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find my phone needs a signal. My better half couldn't find his phone today- tried the tracker on it- no signal. It was in his office on camp, literally round the corner from our house with a perfect signal. Which reminded me on, does the 5km circle cover the base? Whenever my hubbie is away, he has to drive to the edge/outside the wire to get a decent signal. It's been a running annoyance for us for years, regardless of posting- mobile signal on camps don't tend to work very well.
just as an aside- judging by the comments today from Nicola and the people drafted in to help, plus a comment by uncle tony that can not be quoted, I'm redrafting my opinion and think AWOL is possibly back in the picture. I don't have enough in msm so can't elaborate further, but definately one to still think about.
Interesting, wish I could press you further

I keep seeing this theory that the video of him in the doorway is "too distressing" I've never seen that anywhere other than here so I find that hard to believe, hence theory... however even if it was too distressing it could be something as simple as him being sick (he's had a lot to drink, a lot to eat....wouldn't be the first to be sick on a night out).

However I still see it as a theory, as I've only seen it discussed on here and when others have asked for the original source no one can find it.
There is no original source and I think posters are wasting space by continuing to post about this. The police have decided not to show it and nobody knows why. We can theorise but we still don't know.

I do wonder when we have come to the end of this current theme whether we could devote some time, methodically, to AWOL too.
I always crossed it off my mental list but......

Whilst this is obviously very sensitive I was wondering if Greater Than could advise.
I don't want to open a can of worms but Greater Than can we explore the AWOL option, respectfully, without victim shaming (and the knee-jerk "it's because of sexuality" etc) based on the family members not being aware of this, obviously, speculating based on alternative interpretations of sources ?

( Have to ask for guidance , WS isn't reddit etc. If she does not see this I will send a message )

what do others think? is it do-able in a few days, I don't want to detract from the very meticulous explorations that haven't come to fruition/dead-end on other lines pursued here over the last few days. agree with nailing down existing lines before butterflying off onto the next.
Anyway, I'll bump this back up tomorrow or next day to see what people think otherwise Ruth's OP and my reply will get lost.

ETA _ Ruth - poster Blueazman has just updated us with a partial extract of Tony Wringe's update - now on the official FC website so that may have a bearing on ur UL above, altho I don't think that bit has been uploaded.

So that leaves 1 hour 12 minutes where the phone could be put in to another Biffa bin; collected by the same wagon. Hence the question about earlier collections. The reason I ask is that there is another Greggs.... On Abbeygate Street and their bins are collected from Higher Baxter Street. A route I think he took.

I'm guessing that Higher Baxter Street is a one way street? Looks like the bin lorry would have to have set off a little earlier to do a collection there and then skirt all the way around town to get back into Shortbrackland and the 'Horseshoe' for the 0422 collection? I need to number crunch that one. Thoughts?

I believe it was on findcorrie.com as one of the FAQs in the first few days of the site starting. Although we've since learned that the family haven't seen cctv footage, so I don't know how they would have known it was distressing.

correct me if i am wrong but my belief was that two taxis not cars were used - this was due to the fact that the lads had all already been drinking? i think this was said early on?

Hi earthspirit,
do you have a link for this information please? Seems interesting.

I do wonder when we have come to the end of this current theme whether we could devote some time, methodically, to AWOL too.
I always crossed it off my mental list but......

Whilst this is obviously very sensitive I was wondering if Greater Than could advise.
I don't want to open a can of worms but Greater Than can we explore the AWOL option, respectfully, without victim shaming (and the knee-jerk "it's because of sexuality" etc) based on the family members not being aware of this, obviously, speculating based on alternative interpretations of sources ?

( Have to ask for guidance , WS isn't reddit etc. If she does not see this I will send a message )

what do others think? is it do-able in a few days, I don't want to detract from the very meticulous explorations that haven't come to a halt on other lines pursued here over the last few days.
Doable but I think there's to much unsourced info to do it justice

Which does rule out the bins.

So if I'm LE I'm looking at all cars on Fiveways ANPR camera from 330 onwards.

To be pedantic....a lot earlier than that I'd say. That way you'd catch them coming in AND leaving. 'Intention and Occasioning' so to speak.

If you are particularly interested in this topic then I suggest you read the previous threads on this. It keeps cropping up despite being discussed previously. Nothing untoward has been reported about this - questions have been raised as to why cctv hasn't been released. I believe thst prople sre reading too much into this and making up things along the way. It seems that even Nicola hasn't viewed this yet either, so there is no discussion to be had really.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hear hear. Also the answer re the 03.08 pic is on the findcorrie website.

They are not going to have any satellite footage of BSE from the night Corrie went missing to study. They might be able to look at still images taken of the area by a satellite and check for disturbed ground etc.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
- i cant think of any other way to wor d this - if a deceased person was left in the open, or even a ditch or some well in the ground, would the skeleton remains show up? that is a bit cringeworthy but there was no other way to say it. not sure what all this technology can do.

I'm not familiar with 'find my phone' apps -- they use GPS?

So the police could send a copper out with a cheap used phone from a car boot sale and stick a sim card in it, stick it in the same bin at 3 am on a Saturday morning, wait for the bin lorry, and then keep pinging the phone with the 'find my phone' app and see what comes back to them? They could also glue a note onto the phone's screen and leather case (with the phone in a case) saying "call this number if you find this phone/case" and wait and see if they get a phone call and then question the person who found the phone/case and check it's condition after a trip in a recycling bin lorry. If no one phones, that might be because they chose not to, or it indicates the test phone is not discovered during sorting.

But if those 'find my phone' apps need gps turned on, then I'm not sure how you'd do the test for a phone with gps turned off?

And if it's that important to the family and the police can't run a test like this, then the family have some money and this would only cost a few tens of quid for the used phone, sim cards can be got for free, if one is necessary, and petrol money to the horseshoe. I would personally want to replicate conditions with the timing of the bin lorry if possible...and traffic conditions and atmospheric conditions will be different at night compared to in the daytime.
i know we are meant to be serious here but i cant stop laughing at your post!!!!! wow that really sounds how my brain thinks things out. like - hey what did that girl just say? leaving my obviously juvenline behaviour aside - i think what you just suggested actually makes sense? like hopefully they can do that? I am sure NU said somewhere, they wanted tests done on the phone if it was inside the cab of the bin lorry. no technical wizards require there, just a smart member of a websleuthing forum :fence:

Hi earthspirit,
do you have a link for this information please? Seems interesting.

i dont im sorry its possibly from one of the tv video things done by his mum? it was when she was explaining why corrie had not gone with his friends. she explained it as a misunderstanding. for some reason during that footage, there must have been something she indicated to imply taxis were called to base. if i remember correctly someone had said the lads were with others from another establishment. not military - do not want to say in case it is something not in msm or the find corrie site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim