UK UK - Daniel Mizzi, 35, last seen at home in the Mutley area of Plymouth, Devon, on the evening of 8 Dec 2023

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
#LatestNews - Missing man, Plymouth

Police are growing concerned for the welfare of a man who has been reported missing from the Mutley area of Plymouth.

Daniel Mizzi, aged 35, was last seen at home on the evening of Friday 8 December.

Enquiries and searches are ongoing to locate him, but we are now appealing for the public’s help in reporting any sightings or information which may assist us.

Daniel is described as a white male, around 5ft 6ins tall and is of very thin build. He has short light brown curly hair and stubble.

He may have been wearing a blue jacket, jeans and brown shoes but this is not confirmed.

Anyone who sees Daniel or knows of his whereabouts is asked to contact police on 999 quoting reference 50230321378.

Screenshot_20231212-204228_Facebook-01.jpeg

Police have issued an updated appeal for Daniel, with details and a photograph of him when he was last seen:

"Following a number of enquiries, police have confirmed that Daniel was last seen on CCTV at St Erth train station at 12.08pm on Friday 8 December.

1702470293559.png

Detective Inspector Scott Halloren said: “At the moment Daniel’s movements from the train station are not known. Our enquiries and searches are looking at trying to establish that information.

“I’m really keen to hear from anyone who was in the area and saw Daniel or has information about where he may have gone from there, to please get in touch on 999 and let us know.”

Daniel is described as a white male, around 5ft 6ins tall and is of very thin build. He has short light brown curly hair and stubble.

He was wearing a blue jacket, blue jeans, brown shoes and had a cross body bag on."

Devon & Cornwall Police Facebook page
Devon & Cornwall Police Facebook homepage

[My input] St. Erth is a village around 5 miles south-east of St. Ives in Cornwall, and around 60 miles west of Plymouth, where Daniel is from. It is difficult to see any reason for him to be there, other than to change trains onto the branch line for St. Ives.

Devon & Cornwall Police UPDATE: Appeal for missing man, Daniel Mizzi

Police are growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of 35-year-old Daniel Mizzi, who has been reported missing from Plymouth. Following extensive enquiries by officers it was established that Daniel was seen at St Erth train station at 12.08pm on Friday 8 December.

He was seen a short time later walking towards the coastal path at the Carbis Bay Hotel.

The last confirmed sighting of Daniel was at 1.38pm, where he was seen walking along the coastal path at Porthmeor Beach.

1702905667992.png

We are continuing to appeal for anyone who may have seen Daniel, particularly after the last sighting at Porthmeor, to report any relevant information to us. Including anyone who was walking on the coastal path on Friday and anyone in the area who may have CCTV, doorbell or dashcam footage and hasn’t already been spoken to by police.

Devon & Cornwall Police Facebook page
Devon & Cornwall Police Facebook homepage

#LatestNews - we continue to be concerned for the welfare of 35-year-old Daniel Mizzi, who has been reported missing from Plymouth.

Following extensive enquiries by officers it was established that Daniel was seen at St Erth train station at 12.08pm on Friday 8 December.

He was seen a short time later walking towards the coastal path at the Carbis Bay Hotel.

The last confirmed sighting of Daniel was at 1.38pm, where he was seen walking along the coastal path at Porthmeor Beach.

We are continuing to appeal for anyone who may have seen Daniel, particularly after the last sighting at Porthmeor, to report any relevant information to us.

Including anyone who was walking on the coastal path on Friday and anyone in the area who may have CCTV, doorbell or dashcam footage and hasn’t already been spoken to by police.

Anyone who sees Daniel is asked to contact police on 999 quoting 50230321378.

Screenshot_20240117-022823_Facebook-01.jpeg

Missing page ran by his mum.

I wonder does he have any connections to the St Ives area. It’s not an easy or obvious place to get to from Plymouth. If he wanted to self harm, there would be easier places on footpaths on the south coast of Cornwall, I would think. There must be a reason he went there, to get a break from life in a favourite childhood spot, misguided attempt to walk the coast path, wanting to get on a boat to somewhere that way.

I wonder does he have any connections to the St Ives area. It’s not an easy or obvious place to get to from Plymouth. If he wanted to self harm, there would be easier places on footpaths on the south coast of Cornwall, I would think. There must be a reason he went there, to get a break from life in a favourite childhood spot, misguided attempt to walk the coast path, wanting to get on a boat to somewhere that way.
I'm sadly assuming a tragic accident has happened. Reminds me of the Nicola Bulley case.

Reactions: Dre
There’s some helpful new information in this article.

“The South West coast path towards Clodgy Point gets ‘very dangerous’ in places especially during wet weather, Jake said….

Karran said: “We don’t think Daniel would have walked it, he’s not a risk taker, he's very methodical and doesn’t like getting dirty, he’s a very presentable person. He also has a fear of the water and doesn’t like to swim even though he was taught as a child. He took shower gel and his phone charger, he also bought a return ticket, so we feel like he planned to come back."”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back