UK - Elianne Andam, 15, stabbed to death in Croydon, London. Teenage boy arrested

Luwin

Reaction score

A 15-year-old girl has been killed in a stabbing in Croydon, south London.

Police cars and ambulances surrounded a red double decker bus in Wellesley Road, near the Whitgift Centre, following the attack at 08:30 BST.
One eyewitness described seeing a bus driver and a woman trying to resuscitate the girl on the pavement.
A teenage boy, believed to be known to the victim, was arrested shortly after the girl died at 09:21 BST, and a murder inquiry has begun.
The girl attended Old Palace of John Whitgift School, an all girls private school in Croydon

1695818800291.png
rbbm
'An eyewitness described how an argument between the victim and the boy, both in school uniform, led to the fatal stabbing.'

''She told the Standard: “They both got off the bus, she said something, then he pulled out a long knife knife with a jagged edge. It was like a machete or something.

“She was stabbed in the throat. I had to look away.”

Another local added: “There were people with kids on the bus. Everyone was running in a panic.”

''A third said: “The knife was like a sword. The boy tried to give the girl flowers, but she didn’t want to know. Then he stabbed her.''

View attachment 449698
rbbm
'An eyewitness described how an argument between the victim and the boy, both in school uniform, led to the fatal stabbing.'

''She told the Standard: “They both got off the bus, she said something, then he pulled out a long knife knife with a jagged edge. It was like a machete or something.

“She was stabbed in the throat. I had to look away.”

Another local added: “There were people with kids on the bus. Everyone was running in a panic.”

''A third said: “The knife was like a sword. The boy tried to give the girl flowers, but she didn’t want to know. Then he stabbed her.''
Gosh that account of the incident is awful

''An eyewitness, who would only give her name as Apple, claimed she saw a young boy and girl arguing.

Chevanice Thomas, whose friend claims to have witnessed the stabbing, said the girl had rejected flowers from the boy, who she had broken up with the day before, moments before he stabbed her with a knife 'like a sword'.

Officers tracked down a teenage boy in connection with the stabbing. He was arrested at around 9.45am in the Croydon area.''

''My friend said they were off the bus, talking, the boy and the girl. The boy gave her flowers, but she didn't want anything to do with him.

'Then he got violent and stabbed her. My friend said the knife was like a sword.'

I've got to travel to Croydon tomorrow for a work appointment. Citymapper says I'll need to get a bus to reach my destination as it's not close enough to a train station but in light of this I might get an Uber and I don't really care if I can't claim expenses for it!

This Mirror article has been posting live updates throughout the day. Stabbed to death by a machete at 8:30am on your way to school. What a vile crime.

If these eyewitness accounts are correct then there is a significant amount of premeditation here on the part of the assailant.

Turning up on her school bus route (knowing she'll be there) at 8 in the morning with a bunch of flowers to try and win her back and a zombie knife to murder her if she rejects him, with his mates there to back him up. All happening in broad daylight during the morning rush hour in a major capital city in front of a large number of (what must be) absolutely horrified witnesses.

Absolutely shocking!

Stabbed repeatedly.
''Sep 27, 2023 #croydon #londonstabbing #skynews
A 15-year-old girl was repeatedly stabbed to death in Croydon while by a bus on her way to school, Sky News understands. A teenage boy has been arrested after the incident near the Whitgift shopping centre in Croydon, south London and is believed to have been known to the girl''.

I'm wondering about these other boys who were with the suspect when he confronted the victim and what their role in the incident was. I'm not saying their involvement amounts to full joint enterprise with the killer but they don't sound particularly innocent by these early accounts.

I'm wondering about these other boys who were with the suspect when he confronted the victim and what their role in the incident was. I'm not saying their involvement amounts to full joint enterprise with the killer but they don't sound particularly innocent by these early accounts.

Where did you read that detail? I haven’t been able to find anything that says that he was with other boys, but since for now all the articles are rehashing the same details I may have missed it

Where did you read that detail? I haven’t been able to find anything that says that he was with other boys, but since for now all the articles are rehashing the same details I may have missed it
From the Mirror:

12:39KEY EVENT

Schoolgirl 'seen arguing with ex-boyfriend who gave her flowers' moments before stabbing

By Amy Sharpe
A schoolgirl who was fatally stabbed this morning was seen arguing on a bus with “an ex-boyfriend after he gave her flowers”, it has been claimed. Locals told how a row between the pair “spilled out into the street” when they disembarked a bus outside the Whitgift shopping centre this morning.
Chevanice Thomas said her friend was on Wellesley Road and saw the schoolgirl arguing with a boy prior to the stabbing. The 28-year-old, who works in construction, said her friend had told her the pair had “broken up yesterday.” Chevanice continued: “He turned up today with a group of boys and tried to give her flowers, she didn’t want anything to do with him, she said something, then he got violent and stabbed her. The knife was like a sword - it was really big.”
Another woman at the scene told how her friend was aboard the bus and witnessed the girl arguing with a boy prior to the stabbing. The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “The boy was with a group and he gave her flowers. She didn’t want it. They were arguing, the whole bus could hear, and then it spilled off the bus apparently.
“It’s so sad but I can’t say I’m shocked. We have had stabbings in Croydon before. This is what happens now.”

So he went up to the girl with flowers, but was also carrying a big knife in case she refused them?

Just pure evil pre-planned hatred.

Also, how can you be stabbed with a machete? He must've just chopped it into her neck?

When will the police and the British government realise that the streets of London (and surrounding boroughs) are totally lawless?! It's more out of control than it even has been.....

MOO.

The Flowers offered by the attacker which the victim refused were made from PLASTIC.

0_PAY-Girl-murdered-in-Croydon.jpg

A blood stained bunch of plastic flowers is seen on the pavement near the horrific attack this morning
(Image: Peter Macdiarmid/LNP)

So he went up to the girl with flowers, but was also carrying a big knife in case she refused them?

Just pure evil pre-planned hatred.

Also, how can you be stabbed with a machete? He must've just chopped it into her neck?

When will the police and the British government realise that the streets of London (and surrounding boroughs) are totally lawless?! It's more out of control than it even has been.....

MOO.

bbm This has been a problem for years. People can just walk around with kitchen knives and machetes stuck down their trousers and STILL, police in the street seem to be mainly interested in catching kids with a tiny bit of marijuana in their pockets.
Things need to change!
Those machines they use at airports to detect suspicious objects should be used in schools too. And train stations. And shops. And literally everywhere.
He was wearing a school uniform. How did he spend an entire day in school with a big knife on him?
I'm sure this could have been prevented and hopefully we'll learn where someone failed.

bbm This has been a problem for years. People can just walk around with kitchen knives and machetes stuck down their trousers and STILL, police in the street seem to be mainly interested in catching kids with a tiny bit of marijuana in their pockets.
Things need to change!
Those machines they use at airports to detect suspicious objects should be used in schools too. And train stations. And shops. And literally everywhere.
He was wearing a school uniform. How did he spend an entire day in school with a big knife on him?
I'm sure this could have been prevented and hopefully we'll learn where someone failed.
It happened early morning before school began

The Flowers offered by the attacker which the victim refused were made from PLASTIC.

0_PAY-Girl-murdered-in-Croydon.jpg

A blood stained bunch of plastic flowers is seen on the pavement near the horrific attack this morning
(Image: Peter Macdiarmid/LNP)
I did wonder when I saw this pic in the earlier articles if these were the flowers. Seems an odd choice. Prob not that easy to buy? Wonder if they were purposely to antagonise her rather than a genuine attempt to get back together

It happened early morning before school began
Scanning needs to be done everywhere. This was my biggest fear when I lived in SE London with my kids. People with blades just get away with it until it's too late, and they can attack anyone.
I woke up one night by someone moaning, looked out my window and a guy was sitting outside with a knife sticking out of his head.
So, "it happened early morning before school began" is irrelevant. It happens in many places in the UK, or at least London, at any time.
The issue is people are still allowed to walk around with blades, not who, when, where.

Scanning needs to be done everywhere. This was my biggest fear when I lived in SE London with my kids. People with blades just get away with it until it's too late, and they can attack anyone.
I woke up one night by someone moaning, looked out my window and a guy was sitting outside with a knife sticking out of his head.
So, "it happened early morning before school began" is irrelevant. It happens in many places in the UK, or at least London, at any time.
The issue is people are still allowed to walk around with blades, not who, when, where.
Apologies my reply was a response to asking how he had spent the day at school with a knife....I should have snipped!

Completely agree knife crime is out of control in the UK...it's not like guns, we can't just ban them. It's tricky but sometimes needs to be done

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back