UK UK- Eve Stratford, 21, Bunny @ Playboy Club, posed for mag. cover, later her mutilated & grotesquely staged body found @ home, London 18/03/75 *DNA*

Are the discussions/posts over the last few pages primarily focused on an effort to find similar murder cases in the area/time period?? It seems DNA testing of evidence in these other cases would have ruled-in/out the same person who killed Eve and Lynne. Or even ruled Sutcliffe in or out as the killer in the other cases? What am I missing? Maybe I'm just lost (wouldn't be the first time, lol) ;)

The attacker had dirty blonde hair and had killed before. I know its 1988, however 13 years isn't that long.
Thanks for the link, just started a thread..

Are the discussions/posts over the last few pages primarily focused on an effort to find similar murder cases in the area/time period?? It seems DNA testing of evidence in these other cases would have ruled-in/out the same person who killed Eve and Lynne. Or even ruled Sutcliffe in or out as the killer in the other cases? What am I missing? Maybe I'm just lost (wouldn't be the first time, lol) ;)

Meant to come back with some organization and clarity, lol!

The subject at hand is the murder of Eve Stratford, but some other unsolved possibly similar in some ways cases popped up.

Eve's case has been DNA verified as connected to the school girl L W, so although she has her own thread too there might be crossover on each other's thread.

Gazette and Post
April 20, 1978

Described as 15 years old in this piece, Michelle calls the man who attacked her "ugly man" I really need to find more on this man as he is also referred to as the penguin, this would also fit in with the man seen walking behind Eve Stratford with the odd walk and standing outside her flat around the time the attacker was said to leave.

Eve Stratford and Michelle Booth were both attacked on March 18th 3 years apart.
There was a case that received a lot of attention where the attacker was called Penguin man in the media, because of how he walked. I think late 70s or early 80s. A quick search hasn’t brought anything up, but I will look deeper for that.

We are looking at other possible victims that appear linked and there fore murdered by the same person who killed Eve and Lynne, Sutcliffe as often stated in posts while discussing this, didn't kill them or he would have been matched his on file DNA. Many of these people have been considered as being victims of PS without proof, including the victims of the unknown killer of Eve and Lynne and I think that is his only contribution here.
Police and investigators have linked some of the cases to the unknown killer already as possibly being committed by the same person plus many including the police feel he killed or attacked more than two people.
The fact there are cold cases who have links to the other murders either in the style of murder, attack, description of a person or people following victims or loitering, geography, time period etc and have no DNA to have ruled him out means we can look to see if there are links, victim type he likes, location or time he likes to attack, it can form patterns. We can't prove anything and there could be coincidences so they may be by other people. People write books on such things after researching....we have no labs, experts or time machines sadly

'Cloying' as a word tends to be used for things that are kind of sickly sweet. Oils used in diffusers, bad perfume or cologne, etc. could qualify. But it could also be physiological. Some people have conditions whereby they have a peculiar, pungent odor. Diabetics can smell sickly sweet, when their sugars are off. Ketoacidosis.

Other physical conditions can make your body odor smell like onions, like old fish... but when I hear 'cloying' my brain goes to sickly sweet, and I think diabetes.

But then you have people like Richard Ramirez, who didn't wash, and as a result, had an odor described as like 'a wild animal' and 'leather'.

MOO

EDIT: If you put the ISBN of that book in ebay, a handful of secondhand copies come up, so it's out there. Try ebay, try Abebooks. Both should have copies that don't bankrupt you. I wouldn't expect there to be a digital version. It looks cheap pulp, I doubt they forked out to put it on Kindle.
Sorry I missed the notification of your response earlier. That's interesting to know, about diabetes. When Ì met my husband I thought he smelt like uncooked croissants, a sweet, fresh smell. As he got older his reminded me of raw meat, quite a difference. Odd.

Yes I worked that out earlier, I was overloading the search bar! I have found some thankfully cheaper copies too, I had a shock when the first few examples that popped up were very expensive. Also there are a lot of books called Unsolved Mysteries, a popular title.

Thanks for the link, just started a thread..
It says on the link that DNA exists for the case, which means her murder cannot be linked, it would have been compared on the database and ruled out.

Ws thread for (believed to be) 3rd victim.

re post

'This map shows the three unsolved murders all took place in close proximity - it is believed they are all linked'
1676953962185.png
'It's inconceivable the killer of Eve and Lynne has kept the perfect secret for 40 years. It's a heavy burden to carry and he must have let details slip over the years - maybe to a partner, a friend, even a cellmate - and I would appeal to anyone with information to contact us.'

Police believe the killer would have known of the Hounslow area - the alleyway and sub-station where Lynne was found were away from busy areas and meant her screams would have not been heard.''

I wonder how often a serial killer went undetected because they were killing at the same time in the same area as a more active killer. Law enforcement used to really be afraid of copycat serial killings, maybe because it would have made investigation much more complicated notwithstanding the human cost.

It's bizarre to drive into this sort of case, getting to be so long ago that people just don't get murdered this way anymore. We think "It must have been someone close to her" because now it always is but back then people got stalked by total strangers and there wasn't any social media or ring cameras or cell phone GPS making it obvious.

Familial DNA, too. In the USA we're getting pretty used to enough people having submitted their spit to those "genealogical databases" for it to be done but few other countries are like that. It sounds like they do have DNA on this case though to match it with the 16 year old girl's killer so it's a good thing to go over possible additional victims that may not have been tested on account of assumptions.

A couple more confirmed victims might yield clues to better narrow down a potential suspect list.

It says on the link that DNA exists for the case, which means her murder cannot be linked, it would have been compared on the database and ruled out.
I probably should have directed my reply at Pinkissy who posted the article, I was reading through the thread backwards

That was my instant reaction too to that photofit. Uncanny reassemblance.

Surely his DNA has been checked by now for ES & LW.

Jmo
If DNA is added to the database I believe it's automatically compared against everything else on there. Fred West's DNA would have been on file when they added Eve's + Lynne's murderer's DNA and discovered the same person killed them both.
Police know Fred and Rose may have killed more who could be buried elsewhere. It's not so long since they were excavating the cafe basement in Gloucester in search of the remains of Mary Bastholme, believed to be killed by FW. There's a Mill / farm where other victims may be buried. They must have FW DNA in the database, they need it there, I can't see any reason they would not.

Possibly some sort of trauma that the perp. experienced around that time?

JMVHO.
Lynda's killers DNA was apparently found on stored evidence from her murder and compared against the DNA of Eve and Lynne's mutual murderer, it didn't match so we have to rule Lynda out as having been killed by the same person. Source below, I bought the magazine to get the info since I couldn't find it online except in Wikipedia which cited The Sunday Times. Eve and Lynne's cases were reviewed in 2008 and that's when they discovered their murderer was one and the same, then because there was no DNA on file for Lynda, she wasn't raped, but it was thought her murder so similar to Eve's that she should be checked, they tested saved evidence. Police and more have stated how rare the style of killing of Lynda and Eve, plus living so near to each other and killed within 5 years if each other, to have different killers is amazing.

Smith, David James (24 May 2009). "HER KILLER THINKS HE GOT AWAY WITH IT 30 YEARS AGO; This bunny girl's brutal murder was one of the most sensational unsolved crimes of the 1970s. Now, three decades on, is the net finally closing in on her killer? David James Smith investigates". Sunday Times. p. 24.

Its strange how Eva and Lynda were killed when there was snow on the ground.
Yes but you know now since I got that magazine, that they were killed by different people. Plus with Lynda there is no way there was more than one perp as there is only one set of footprints going to and from her house.

Still annoyed I had to get a magazine to get the clear picture on Lynda's killers DNA. 2008/2009 isn't the dark ages for there to be a lack of info online. The problem is there is a progression of known info and when people research to write things, they can pick up on disproved theories. Like the bouquet of flowers/grasses Eve had, a lot of press releases stated the killer brought them in the beginning because the police didn't know she had bought them, so even now when people write things they say the killer brought them due to a researcher not checking later stories after finding out she bought them. Those flowers /grasses were supposedly blood spattered and found next to the body, yet plenty of press releases of the time state they were found downstairs in the hallway by the front door and never taken upstairs so part of the reasoning that the killer either entered with her or just after, before she went upstairs. There are press photos of the police posing with the flowers/grasses, I can't imagine them doing that with a blood splattered piece of evidence.
Sometimes news stories going into the future get muddled and relevant info left in the past.

Look up
'Disproven Links to Other Cases'
'Murder of Lynda Farrow'

I checked out the source if info, it's clearer than the wikipedia entry. It explains why there are loads of pieces online saying there was no DNA, it's because there wasn't any until they tested scene evidence again, back in the 1970s the knowledge of forensics was very basic and they only took obvious samples of semen, saliva or blood to test for blood group. They didn't even have the same sophisticated levels of finding and removing those samples. Forensics are always improving and while cold cases are supposed to always be reviewed, nobody it seems had considered testing her stored evidence between the 1970s and 2000s.

Look up
'Disproven Links to Other Cases'
'Murder of Lynda Farrow'

I checked out the source if info, it's clearer than the wikipedia entry. It explains why there are loads of pieces online saying there was no DNA, it's because there wasn't any until they tested scene evidence again, back in the 1970s the knowledge of forensics was very basic and they only took obvious samples of semen, saliva or blood to test for blood group. They didn't even have the same sophisticated levels of finding and removing those samples. Forensics are always improving and while cold cases are supposed to always be reviewed, nobody it seems had considered testing her stored evidence between the 1970s and 2000s.
It may be less that nobody considered it, but that until the advent of PCR it wasn't considered sensible to use consumptive (destructive) tests that may not reveal anything. By waiting, they have made a prudent choice. Far, far less material is required these days to get a profile, and profiles can be developed from degraded or mixed samples that wouldn't have been attempted a couple of decades ago.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22