UK UK- Eve Stratford, 21, Bunny @ Playboy Club, posed for mag. cover, later her mutilated & grotesquely staged body found @ home, London 18/03/75 *DNA*

It may be less that nobody considered it, but that until the advent of PCR it wasn't considered sensible to use consumptive (destructive) tests that may not reveal anything. By waiting, they have made a prudent choice. Far, far less material is required these days to get a profile, and profiles can be developed from degraded or mixed samples that wouldn't have been attempted a couple of decades ago.

MOO
Good point, but I think things were advanced enough that in the early 2000s they could extract DNA from objects sufficiently well to get a hit.
I am so curious what it was that gave the DNA, hair, blood, saliva...may never know.

It's exactly this reason they are holding on to the 3 non rooted hairs kept in evidence for Sally Shepherd. From what I have read, we aren't anywhere near the level of doing anything with them.

Good point, but I think things were advanced enough that in the early 2000s they could extract DNA from objects sufficiently well to get a hit.
I am so curious what it was that gave the DNA, hair, blood, saliva...may never know.

It's exactly this reason they are holding on to the 3 non rooted hairs kept in evidence for Sally Shepherd. From what I have read, we aren't anywhere near the level of doing anything with them.
Soon, though. There have been IDs from rootless hair in the last few years.

There was a case that received a lot of attention where the attacker was called Penguin man in the media, because of how he walked. I think late 70s or early 80s. A quick search hasn’t brought anything up, but I will look deeper for that.
The description of Penguin man suggests that he was fat and waddled like a penguin. He probably wore a long coat to hide his large tum.

The description of Penguin man suggests that he was fat and waddled like a penguin. He probably wore a long coat to hide his large tum.
The person I posted about was stocky not overweight and was wearing a short jacket in the photofit.

The similar description of a man on Eve's street was also stocky not fat and from the description of his odd walk and physically experimenting on how he may have walked with the witnesses help, they decided it was his splayed feet that gave him the walk.

Of course we're not privy to any of these suspects and their walks so descriptions may mean different things to each of us. But where clear descriptions are given and pertinent to the suspects and cases we are looking at, we need to refer to them. No witnesses I can think of have described anyone fat so far. Most cases they are described as 5ft 8" or shorter, most people are described as white with very dark to black hair, most are described as sturdy or stocky, well built. Often police have described the perp as strong. Most identikits don't show someone with a straight nose. Most of the faces don't look narrow, they almost look like they had bulbous features, like over ripe fruit....no idea if I am even making sense here.

I think Charlie Chaplin did a kind of penguin walk.

The person I posted about was stocky not overweight and was wearing a short jacket in the photofit.

The similar description of a man on Eve's street was also stocky not fat and from the description of his odd walk and physically experimenting on how he may have walked with the witnesses help, they decided it was his splayed feet that gave him the walk.

Of course we're not privy to any of these suspects and their walks so descriptions may mean different things to each of us. But where clear descriptions are given and pertinent to the suspects and cases we are looking at, we need to refer to them. No witnesses I can think of have described anyone fat so far. Most cases they are described as 5ft 8" or shorter, most people are described as white with very dark to black hair, most are described as sturdy or stocky, well built. Often police have described the perp as strong. Most identikits don't show someone with a straight nose. Most of the faces don't look narrow, they almost look like they had bulbous features, like over ripe fruit....no idea if I am even making sense here.

I think Charlie Chaplin did a kind of penguin walk.
Maybe someone with some kind of physical difference that affects gait. Hip dysplasia? Bad knees? Rickets? I know rickets is rare now in developed countries, but someone around forty years of age in '75 would have spent their formative growing years under rationing and vitamin deprivation due to war. My grandmother had terrible osteoporosis as an elderly person due to rationing in the war years, and she was a young adult then, not a child.

MOO

Maybe someone with some kind of physical difference that affects gait. Hip dysplasia? Bad knees? Rickets? I know rickets is rare now in developed countries, but someone around forty years of age in '75 would have spent their formative growing years under rationing and vitamin deprivation due to war. My grandmother had terrible osteoporosis as an elderly person due to rationing in the war years, and she was a young adult then, not a child.

MOO
I was pondering foot problems earlier too, then wondering if he had a foot fetish how that would apply to his attitude to his own feet. Did he have bunions or ingrowing toenails perhaps.

I'm considering him to be 30 to 40 IMO partly because he's strong, to lift Lynne over that fence, if you lift a small child it's surprising how heavy they are, but she was fully grown and that fence wasn't far off his own height. Plus many descriptions of people seen are between late thirties to forties.

Rationing went on into the 1950s too.

I was pondering foot problems earlier too, then wondering if he had a foot fetish how that would apply to his attitude to his own feet. Did he have bunions or ingrowing toenails perhaps.

I'm considering him to be 30 to 40 IMO partly because he's strong, to lift Lynne over that fence, if you lift a small child it's surprising how heavy they are, but she was fully grown and that fence wasn't far off his own height. Plus many descriptions of people seen are between late thirties to forties.

Rationing went on into the 1950s too.
I should have said late thirties to in his forties; don't know why I wrote it 30 to 40, I didn't mean to rule out the rest of his 40s, I was probably distracted. I would go for 35 - 45 as optimum in my opinion.

Started thread for possible victim of same killer.

Lynne Weedon's killer could be a West Ham or QPR fan
I've been looking at how much people went to the pub for football in the 1970s as my Dad generally watched it at home and there were bo big screen TVs or Sky and other satellite tv stations out bidding the regular channels for the excluding rights to show footie matches. There were regular TV sets in the corner of the room where people may not have been able to hear or see much. If people had no tv it was probably great. Anyway yes people could watch a match if the pub had a tv and put it on that channel, but it wasn't the great draw for people until the 1990s. This is from checking various sites as it was probably a random internet search of me to make, I am afraid therefore my greatest source of info was this discussion plus memory of my Dad.

20230223_133751.jpg
Google Maps satellite view showing the route Eve Stratford would have taken home from Leytonstone Station according to Eve's bf as per Crimewatch reconstruction. They lived at 61a Lyndhurst Drive as per wikipedia.

Screenshot_20230223-132659_Maps.jpg
61a is the upstairs flat, right at the start of Lyndhurst Drive if coming from James LaneScreenshot_20230223-133300_Maps.jpg
Google map satellite image of the house and google streetview images over a few years. The first image us 2008, the earliest the options would go. The shrubbery almost totally hid the house in most streetview images after. The last time it was photographed on Google Streetview there seems to be a lot of work being done, scaffolding, a skip, much of the shrubbery and fence gone. A nearby sign clearing up the

It occurs to me he could have travelled on the central line all the way from Ealing Broadway without getting off and changing, not far from Hounslow and Ealing Broadway is a good transport hub plus shopping centre. The police think he had a connection to both areas, but he could have fallen asleep in the train or been stalking, nobody knows.Screenshot_20230223-143712_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20230223-133658_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20230223-133042_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20230223-132952_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223-132952_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223-132952_Maps.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 1
Someone on another site claims there is a link between Eva and a lady who was murdered in Walthamstow (1995), her bf was a plumber.

A photo of Lynne Weedon's killer appeared in the Hounslow Chronicle, maybe we should look for that.

Last edited:
Someone on another site claims there is a link between Eva and a lady who was murdered in Walthamstow (1995), her husband was a plumber.
I've heard this too, but need something more than hearsay which is what I read. They didn't even write the lady's name. I know of two unsolved murders in the 1990s in Walthamstow, off the top of my head, one was a teacher living in a tower block and whoever killed her set her flat on fire to probably hide evidence, flats are on Forest Rd near the corner of Wood Street, a mystery person who never came forward called emergency services on Fulbourne Road and there is a suspicion that may have been the murderer. I forget how she was killed but she wasn't married as I recall.

There was another lady killed in the Higham Hill area who I think was in the sex industry, I am hazy there as someone I remember had guard dogs, I think it may have been her, they were heard barking late evening but it's thought she knew who killed her.

I will have to look them up.

Last edited:
Someone on another site claims there is a link between Eva and a lady who was murdered in Walthamstow (1995), her bf was a plumber.

A photo of Lynne Weedon's killer appeared in the Hounslow Chronicle, maybe we should look for that.
There is no picture of Lynne Weedon's killer or we would know who killed her and Eve. There may be a photofit of someone who was seen leaving or entering the lane, or the hitchhiker, but no proof any of these people are the murderer.

I have been watching for identikits though and posting when I have found them.

A really random thing to notice, but they are all named or associated with the name Lynn. I wonder if that was looked at?
Had been thinking the same thing and meant to comment, glad you mentioned it.
Coincidentally in pic posted upthread by jojojaja, the street name is even LYNDhurst! imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise
Back