UK - James Bulger, 2, abducted & murdered, Merseyside, 12 Feb 1993

Venables and Thompson also sexually tortured James Bulger.

Ref: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/49806...t-thompson-james-bulger-murder-denise-fergus/

"The pair took James to a railway line and tortured, beat and sexually assaulted him."

"They poured modelling paint into his eyes, stoned him and clubbed him with bricks, before leaving him on the railway line to be hit by a train."

I read details at the time of their trial that they sexually tortured little James Bulger, they tortured his penis. Poor little kid. They also held his eye-lids open and poured the blue pain directly into his eyes, - burning his eyes. They beat him badly with bricks then left him unconcious over the railway line so the train cut him in half (without knowing). His remains were found two days later.
VENABLES AND THOMPSON ARE BOTH PSYCHOPATHS.

Interesting documentary on C5 for UK viewers on these two, information from their parole statements are read out.

It suggests that RT was subject to significant abuse as a child. It would appear that he has been rehabilitated. JV, who at the time was thought to have been heavily influenced by RT, is the one who has gone on to re-offend. He was also considered to be a troubled child, and was later diagnosed with PTSD.

Edited to say details of the sexual aspects of James' murder were never presented in court. RT denied there was any sexual abuse in his parole statement. I recall reading somewhere that JV got very upset when the sexual interference was mentioned in interview.

Last edited:
James Bulger film director ‘the most hated man in Britain’
Vincent Lambe’s short film, Detainment, is largely a dramatisation of the police interviews with the two boys convicted of killing the child in 1993.

Last month, James Bulger’s mother, Denise Fergus, - who was not consulted by Lambe for the film - wrote to him asking him to pull his film from the Oscars. British tabloids condemned the movie and social media stoked the backlash.

And a petition demanding Detainment not be shown at this month’s Oscars has attracted more than 250,000 signatures.

James Bulger film director ‘the most hated man in Britain’

I just ordered Denise's book today - very excited to hear it straight from her. This story has always been in the back of my mind, and I have read a LOT of true crime. I don't know what the answer is for these men but they certainly shouldn't be able to just roam free with a whole new life. What about James/Denise/Ralphs ruined lives? I support Denise but I also can't help but be curious about the movie...

Yes, been complete torture for Denise, and it just carries on. I know Venables and Thompson were very young when they committed this crime but personally I don't think parole should even have been considered until they had reached their mid 30s at least and only if they showed real signs of rehabilitation. The sentence did not reflect the gravity of the crime. And there doesn't seem to be much evidence that people with psychopathic tendencies can be rehabilitated. I think Venables has had enough chances to regain a normal life and he has made choices that show he cannot be trusted, maybe not ever. He should return to custody for an extended period of time.

I wonder if you added up the resources that Thompson and Venables received and what help Jamie's family received what the tally would be. Pretty uneven I would be willing to bet. What I do hope is that these two boys and other children who show such sadistic violence are meticulously studied and documented and that this is eventually published. We need to know more about what goes wrong with them so perhaps we can intervene earlier and prevent these tragedies.

Agreed! They should have been locked up in a real prison for at least a handful of years based on the severity of what little James went through.

Jon Venables 'LEAVING Britain': Bulger killer 'to be sent abroad' after costing UK fortune
"CHILD murderer Jon Venables is being assessed for a permanent move abroad the Daily Star Sunday can reveal. Officials are fed up with funding legal battles to keep James Bulger’s killer’s identity secret.

They now plan to move Venables to the other side of the world to start a new life – and the taxpayer will foot the bill. Canada is the most likely destination but Australia and New Zealand are also options.

A source said: “Venables is costing a fortune." He has had a number of different IDs after being outed by members of the public, plus he has been in and out of prison on child *advertiser censored* charges, and has had legal fights to keep his identity secret. The source added: “The thinking is that it would be cheaper to get rid of him abroad, than keep forking out.” "

Jon Venables 'LEAVING Britain': Bulger killer 'to be sent abroad' after costing UK fortune

Venables and Thompson also sexually tortured James Bulger.

Ref: What happened to James Bulger, when was he killed by Venables and Thompson?

"The pair took James to a railway line and tortured, beat and sexually assaulted him."

"They poured modelling paint into his eyes, stoned him and clubbed him with bricks, before leaving him on the railway line to be hit by a train."

I read details at the time of their trial that they sexually tortured little James Bulger, they tortured his penis. Poor little kid. They also held his eye-lids open and poured the blue pain directly into his eyes, - burning his eyes. They beat him badly with bricks then left him unconcious over the railway line so the train cut him in half (without knowing). His remains were found two days later.
VENABLES AND THOMPSON ARE BOTH PSYCHOPATHS.

This sparked a memory. At the time of the murder I was working in a psych hospital. One tea time one of the nurses said she had family who lived near Venables and Thompson and one or both of those families was very messed up. I suspect one or both boys were also victims.

In my opinion, Those behaviours were learned somewhere to the extent they were taken out on a weak and vulnerable little boy.

I feel sad for the ten year olds who became so corrupted but once this results in what they did then however it got to that point society needs protection. You cannot pretend a danger to society does not exist by renaming the danger. To hide it puts society at risk. Venables has repeatedly shown he remains a risk.

Thompson is unknown. We cannot know if he re-offended as he is a "new" person, and one hopes any treatment worked. Some are capable of redemption.

Venables seems to reveal his identity and is dangerous. I do not think inflicting him on another society will do more than transfer the danger. He will be as vulnerable there as here. Sooner or later his identity will come out. He will tell someone. Or, he will reoffend. Nor would another country be wise to accept him.

The better solution is to have him in a closely watched community here, but I doubt aside of prison, such a place exists.

This sparked a memory. At the time of the murder I was working in a psych hospital. One tea time one of the nurses said she had family who lived near Venables and Thompson and one or both of those families was very messed up. I suspect one or both boys were also victims.

In my opinion, Those behaviours were learned somewhere to the extent they were taken out on a weak and vulnerable little boy.

I feel sad for the ten year olds who became so corrupted but once this results in what they did then however it got to that point society needs protection. You cannot pretend a danger to society does not exist by renaming the danger. To hide it puts society at risk. Venables has repeatedly shown he remains a risk.

Thompson is unknown. We cannot know if he re-offended as he is a "new" person, and one hopes any treatment worked. Some are capable of redemption.

Venables seems to reveal his identity and is dangerous. I do not think inflicting him on another society will do more than transfer the danger. He will be as vulnerable there as here. Sooner or later his identity will come out. He will tell someone. Or, he will reoffend. Nor would another country be wise to accept him.

The better solution is to have him in a closely watched community here, but I doubt aside of prison, such a place exists.
I wonder if moving him to another jurisdiction will increase his chance of remaining in jail if he re-offends. It seems he keeps skating his way back out into society :(

He will be as vulnerable there as here. Sooner or later his identity will come out...

confused-clipart-huh-12.gif

He's NOT a ten year old kid anymore.
He should NEVER be allowed anywhere within any 'community' no matter how closely he's watched.

He deserves to be locked-up in prision.
:mad: He's a monster!
**WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC**
(extracts taken from Judge Edis' court sentencing remarks)

R v JON VENABLES

SENTENCING REMARKS

MR JUSTICE EDIS

CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURT

7TH FEBRUARY 2018

"... You received a life sentence for that crime, and after serving about 8 years you were released subject to licence. That licence lasts for life, and there are conditions attached to it. Breach of the conditions means that you can be recalled to serve a further indefinite period of imprisonment under the terms of the life sentence...
...you have now been convicted on two occasions since your first release. This is the second of those convictions. In 2010 you were convicted for the first time of similar offences...

Venables, you have pleaded guilty at the first available opportunity to 3 counts of making indecent photographs of children...

There were 1170 images, and moving images were included. 392 were in category A which is the most serious class of image. These include multiple images and films of
censored-transparent-background_501683.jpg
...some images where the young victim appears to be in physical pain.
*Some of them were babies*:confused:

Given your history, it is significant that a number of the images and films were of serious crimes inflicted on male toddlers

...in addition, you had a paedophile manual, which you acquired in the same way. This is a vile document which gives detailed instructions on
with small children, as it puts it, “safely”.
...is designed to encourage its readers to perpetrate the most serious sexual offences against very small children...

The commission of these offences and the possession of the manual suggest that you have a compulsive interest in serious sexual crime against small children.

The possession of the manual also suggests that you were at least contemplating the possibility of moving on to what are called “contact offences”, that is actual sexual crime against children. This is against a background where you know the very substantial penalties you face if you are caught.

You took a very great risk when you committed these offences and this suggests to me a compulsive desire which you could not control. You did this on a day when you were undergoing assessment in the contact of your life licence. This shows how manipulative and dishonest you are..

I conclude that the risk you pose to the public is fully addressed by the fact that you are subject to a life sentence "
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-jon-venables.pdf

"CHILD murderer Jon Venables is being assessed for a permanent move abroad the Daily Star Sunday can reveal.
:confused: Has anyone seen any other reports of this ^ ;) Any credible media carrying this story?

I'm not finding anything from BBC, Sky News, Reuters ... the only places I'm seeing it (the 'rags') ALL clearly sourcing back to DAILY STAR SUNDAY :rolleyes:

It's hitting the headlines throughout the Commonwealth now & from the reports they are understandably somewhat pi$$ed.

That article is pure sensationalist speculation.
We don't ship our criminals off to the colonies anymore!
giphy.gif
(And damn sure they wouldn't take them even if we tried :D )

confused-clipart-huh-12.gif

He's NOT a ten year old kid anymore.
He should NEVER be allowed anywhere within any 'community' no matter how closely he's watched.

He deserves to be locked-up in prision.
:mad: He's a monster!
**WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC**
(extracts taken from Judge Edis' court sentencing remarks)

R v JON VENABLES

SENTENCING REMARKS

MR JUSTICE EDIS

CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURT

7TH FEBRUARY 2018

"... You received a life sentence for that crime, and after serving about 8 years you were released subject to licence. That licence lasts for life, and there are conditions attached to it. Breach of the conditions means that you can be recalled to serve a further indefinite period of imprisonment under the terms of the life sentence...
...you have now been convicted on two occasions since your first release. This is the second of those convictions. In 2010 you were convicted for the first time of similar offences...

Venables, you have pleaded guilty at the first available opportunity to 3 counts of making indecent photographs of children...

There were 1170 images, and moving images were included. 392 were in category A which is the most serious class of image. These include multiple images and films of
...some images where the young victim appears to be in physical pain.
*Some of them were babies*:confused:

Given your history, it is significant that a number of the images and films were of serious crimes inflicted on male toddlers

...in addition, you had a paedophile manual, which you acquired in the same way. This is a vile document which gives detailed instructions on
with small children, as it puts it, “safely”.
...is designed to encourage its readers to perpetrate the most serious sexual offences against very small children...

The commission of these offences and the possession of the manual suggest that you have a compulsive interest in serious sexual crime against small children.

The possession of the manual also suggests that you were at least contemplating the possibility of moving on to what are called “contact offences”, that is actual sexual crime against children. This is against a background where you know the very substantial penalties you face if you are caught.

You took a very great risk when you committed these offences and this suggests to me a compulsive desire which you could not control. You did this on a day when you were undergoing assessment in the contact of your life licence. This shows how manipulative and dishonest you are..

I conclude that the risk you pose to the public is fully addressed by the fact that you are subject to a life sentence "
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-jon-venables.pdf

By closely watched community I meant away from the public. Please reread what I said. I pointed out the background and said the public still had to be protected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back