UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

13:49

Breaking - Police release image of suspect​

Here's an image of Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, which has been published just now by London's Metropolitan Police.

He's the man they say they're looking for in connection with the alkali attack in Clapham, south London, last night.

cbf8c8db-1969-4532-a4f2-0a8756d57472.png

A suspected chemical attacker who left a young mother and her three-year-old daughter with 'life-changing injuries' last night in Clapham has been named as 35-year-old Abdul Shokoor Azedi.

Police said the 'dangerous' suspect is from the Newcastle area and has 'significant injuries to the right side of his face'.

Police say Clapham chemical attacker is from Newcastle area

Police say Clapham chemical attacker is from Newcastle area

Absolutely heartbreaking news, those poor children. I hope he is found quickly now his image has been released... I wonder if he's run away to off himself? Wouldn't be the the first time a man has done that after a violent domestic attack.

I have a question and I'm in the US so I'm ignorant as to how things work in the UK.
Why hasn't this man's identity/picture been released to the public in the hopes someone will see him and call authorities with his location?
I suspect initially they were trying to avoid spooking him. It's hard to disappear in London

1h ago

Big team involved in manhunt - police​

As we’ve already reported, the suspect in last night’s attack is still at large. Speaking to the BBC this morning, the Met’s Mark Rowley said this about the search:

We have a big team of officers, [including] the local officers who dealt with it assisted by colleagues. We are hunting for him as we speak.
He added:

It’s understandable that it’s frightening. This is a ghastly attack, and the first thing to say is we have a live manhunt.

45m ago

Police are looking for 35-year-old Abdul Ezedi last seen in north London​

Supt Gabriel Cameron, attached to Lambeth police station, has just given an update to press gathered at the area in Clapham.

He described the chemical assault last night in Clapham as “horrific” and gave further details on the man police are looking for: a 35-year-old named Abdul Ezedi. Cameron said Ezedi was with the woman and children attacked last night but had left the scene. Ezedi was last seen in Caledonian Road, north London, he added.

“He has significant injuries to the right side of his face,” Cameron said. He urged: “If you see him … I plead [you] to not approach him. Call 999.”

Cameron has also confirmed that police will circulate photographs of Ezedi later. If anyone has any information, dashcam or doorbell footage, a number has been shared that will go straight to his officers, said Cameron. It is 02071 752784. Crimestoppers can also be contacted on 101.

38m ago

Male suspect is believed to be from Newcastle, say police​

Asked by a reporter at the scene about the scale of the manhunt, Supt Gabriel Cameron said:

We are liaising with our local other partners [and] agencies. We are working alongside Northumbria [police]. We believe the male is from the Newcastle area and he could be going back there. He might not be but he could be. British Transport Police (BTP) are working alongside us as well. We are working in collaboration with other agencies to try and locate this male.”

21m ago

'No idea of the suspect's motivation', say police​

Supt Gabriel Cameron was also asked about the car involved in last night’s assault. He said he believed it was the suspect’s car. It is a white Hyundai.

Questioned about the substance used in the assault, Cameron said: “We know it is a corrosive alkaline substance. We can buy all sorts in the high street.”

He said police didn’t yet know where the suspect lived but was “wholeheartedly confident we will catch him”. “He may have been known to police,” Cameron added. “I have no idea of the suspect’s motivation.”

Cameron also thanked members of the public – three women and one man – for trying to help the woman and her daughters who were allegedly targeted by Abdul Ezedi. He says that none of them sustained major injuries.

26m ago
“We don’t know the actual relationship at this stage,” said Supt Gabriel Cameron at the press conference. “As far as I’m aware, the suspect has travelled down from Newcastle. At this stage I do not know where the victims reside.”

Asked whether Ezedi was a British national, Cameron said there were ongoing inquiries into that. He replied that there was a “significant asset looking for this male” when asked how many officers were involved in the man hunt.

14:32

Women and girls say they don't feel safe here anymore​

Frankie McCamley
Reporting from Clapham, south London

In that police update we were just given, Supt Gabriel Cameron told reporters that the Metropolitan Police take "violence against women and girls very seriously".

The attack last night, on a mother and her two daughters, happened just streets away from where Sarah Everard was taken almost three years ago.

Women who live in the area have said it's "scary" that females are being targeted in a place that usually "feels so safe".

Many don't want to identify themselves in fear of a reprisal attack or hate online.

A local female MP has admitted there is a problem in this part of London when it comes to violence against women and girls, as there is across the country.

But once again, journalists, photographers and camera crews are back in Clapham as a manhunt is under way, and three female family members remain in hospital.

Posted at 13:16

'I heard someone shouting for help'​

Anna O'Neill
Reporting from Clapham, south London

A woman called Shannon tells me she witnessed the incident and intervened to help the younger child involved. (Police have said a woman, 31, and her two children, aged eight and three, were targeted in last night's alkali attack.)

She says: “I was in my room, I heard a lot of shouting, I heard a bang and I heard someone shouting ‘help’. So we ran outside [and as] I’ve run outside I’ve seen this guy throwing a child on the floor - he picked her up and threw her again.

“At that point I ran in and I grabbed her and took her into my [housing] block.”

Shannon said she saw the mother of the girl shouting: “I can’t see, I can’t see.”

“So I've shouted to my partner - he ran down the road to chase the man - then he’s come back and I’ve said ‘she needs water, she needs water’."

Staff from a nearby hotel then came out and took the woman inside to help treat her.

Shannon says that after she helped the victims, the skin on her lips was “tingling” then began burning. She was taken by ambulance for hospital treatment but tells me she is feeling better this morning.

So...
Were Police officers there when attack happened?
They were burnt too - 5 of them.
How could the attacker run away - on foot!!! - with Police there?

So...
Were Police officers there when attack happened?
They were burnt too - 5 of them.
How could the attacker run away - on foot!!! - with Police there?

I think their injuries are as a result of helping the victims.

One of the women who also helped them had a tingling, burning feeling on her lips and was taken to the hospital.

I think their injuries are as a result of helping the victims.

One of the women who also helped them had a tingling, burning feeling on her lips and was taken to the hospital.

I'm afraid the victim might go blind if this substance was thrown onto her face.
It seems to be very corrosive if those helping got burnt too.
:(

JMO

Posted at 15:32

Suspect last seen in north London​

We learnt from police a little earlier that the suspect in this case, who's been named as Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, was last seen on Caledonian Road in north London.

Here's a map showing where that is in relation to where a mother and her two daughters were attacked last night in Clapham, south London - 8 miles away.

1706801933527.jpeg

Posted at 15:32

Suspect last seen in north London​

We learnt from police a little earlier that the suspect in this case, who's been named as Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, was last seen on Caledonian Road in north London.

Here's a map showing where that is in relation to where a mother and her two daughters were attacked last night in Clapham, south London - 8 miles away.

View attachment 479876

So,
it means he didn't return to Newcastle.
Is he roaming the streets with a half burnt face? o_O
Geez!

Such a gaping wound - not treated - might cause gangrene/sepsa.

Too bad.

JMO

Posted at 15:58

Almost a day after the attack, the suspect could be anywhere​

Helena Wilkinson
News correspondent

Now that police have released an image of the suspect and named him, they’ll hope calls will start coming in from the public with reports of sightings.

It's the members of the public who have the potential to play an important role in helping track down Abdul Shokoor Ezedi.

We’ve been told by the Met that the 35-year-old has significant injuries to the right of his face. That is likely to make him stand out from the crowd.

But more than 20 hours hours after a mother and her two young daughters were hurt in Wednesday’s attack, he could be anywhere by now.

The last time he was seen was on Caledonian Road in north London. That’s around 8 miles (13km) from Clapham in south London where the attack happened. What we don’t know is when he was spotted there. He’s also not from London, but from Newcastle and police say it’s possible he may be going back there.

British Transport Police have been brought in to help the Met with this live investigation. The message to the public if they see Abdul Shokoor Ezedi is not to go near him, but instead to call 999.

Posted at 16:42

Heightened police presence on Caledonian Road - report​

We said earlier that the last place Abdul Ezedi - the man police have named as the suspect in this case - had been seen was Caledonian Road in north London.

The Met didn't say when he was spotted there - and they didn't know why he was there at all.

In the last few minutes, the PA news agency has reported a heightened police presence on the road, with unmarked police cars reportedly dotted along it and police vans driving around the area.

We're keeping an eye on any potential developments.

1 Feb 202417.20 GMT
There was a heightened police presence on Caledonian Road where Abdul Ezedi was last seen.

Unmarked cars with blue sirens could be seen dotted around the area on Thursday afternoon.

Police vans also drove around the area, PA Media reported.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back