UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

Andrew Wheeler KC Defence Counsel

Andrew Wheeler was Fiona Beal's Defence barrister at the trial that was abandoned during June 2023, do you know who the prosecution barrister is?

".... she was in a coercive and controlling relationship with Mr Billingham.
'He was physically domineering and over the years he wore her down until she was quite literally broken."
ISTR that there was no direct evidence of this. It just seemed to be hearsay from her family, repeating what she had told them.

And "literally broken"? Does this chap know the meaning of the word 'literally'?

ISTR that there was no direct evidence of this. It just seemed to be hearsay from her family, repeating what she had told them.

And "literally broken"? Does this chap know the meaning of the word 'literally'?

To add to this, her heavy pot smoking ‘could’ give her an exaggerated point of view, poor me attitude.

If my DH said ‘don’t forget to pay the gas bill’ on his way out the door, is that controlling?? Could be if I said he was demanding.

The Crown Court
at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Wednesday 24 April 2024
Court 5 The Recorder of London

SITTING AT 10:15 am

Trial (Part Heard)

T20237268**** *****34NA0228622********

DTA, Order made under Section 45a Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999, Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981
www.courtserve.net

Just seen the above listing, which is definitely Fiona Beal trial.

Not sure quite how that works - because Judge Lucraft will be summing up for
Constance Marten/Mark Gordon at 10.30 hrs, also in Court 5.
I was just wondering that. Maybe they'll go into court 5 just long enough to adjourn the Beale case until the afternoon, before switching juries and completing the summing up in the Marten/Gordon case. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, surely.?

I was just wondering that. Maybe they'll go into court 5 just long enough to adjourn the Beale case until the afternoon, before switching juries and completing the summing up in the Marten/Gordon case. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, surely.?

That makes sense. And yes, surely Judge Lucraft can't have much more to say - be done by midday and Jury out for lunch and deliberations ?

That makes sense. And yes, surely Judge Lucraft can't have much more to say - be done by midday and Jury out for lunch and deliberations ?
Fingers crossed!! Any more delays on the CM/MG case would be unconscionable at this stage, with the end so close, surely?*

* Says I, through gritted teeth and with little faith that there won't be yet another delay.

The Crown Court

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 25 April 2024
Court 5 -

THE RECORDER OF LONDON

SITTING AT 10:00 am

Trial (Part Heard)

DTA, Order made under Section 45a Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999, Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981
www.courtserve.net

The Crown Court

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 25 April 2024
Court 5 -

THE RECORDER OF LONDON

SITTING AT 10:00 am

Trial (Part Heard)

www.courtserve.net
no idea why they've blocked out Fiona's name, but that's the same case number. It's definitely Fiona!

Yes it’s really odd and I can’t work it out either.
They blanked out Letbys name as well for no obvious reason.
oh god, the lack of information provided by court listings websites during the Letby trial drove me absolutely mad! Especially in January & February when no-one knew a thing about what was going on!

I might have missed it, but couldnt find any listing for today.

Looks like they are in tomorrow, for the morning at least. There's another case in at 2pm.

The Crown Court

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 26 April 2024
FINAL 1​

Court 5 - sitting at 10:30 am

THE RECORDER OF LONDON

Trial (Part Heard)

www.courtserve.net

Ridiculous in my opinion.
It's insane isn't it? Why on earth they can't allocate one court and one judge to a maximum of two cases at a time (to allow for things like sickness or expert witnesses not being available at short notice), and just plough through them until the jury can be sent out, is beyond my understanding.

How on earth are jurors supposed to stay focused, when evidence and summing up etc is broken up like this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout1960
Back