UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

So am I reading this correctly - the first trial collapsed because someone who knew FB from several years ago met her again when she was working as court staff and didn’t say ANYTHING ?
Why on earth not … just say I know her ?
Fiona Beal’s original murder trial collapsed after more than four months when it emerged that a key defence witness was a court custody officer who had conducted welfare checks on her in the cells
Explaining her reasons for discharging the original jury, Judge Lucking said she had not recognised Ms Drummond during her evidence-in-chief and there were no means available to continue the trial and “ensure a fair verdict and a safe conviction"

It appears she did inform her employee that she knew Beal, but surely knew it was not appropriate to be a witness. I wonder where she told her employer she was when she was giving evidence

Ms Drummond was the officer who brought Beal “off the van” and had spoken to her for just a few moments, the court heard.

She had also informed her employer, GeoAmey, that she knew Beal and they took steps to ensure there was no further work-related contact between them.

Yvonne Valentine thought her son had moved out when she popped over to the home of his long-time partner around Christmas time. The pair shared a drink, but little did she know her son was buried a few feet away in the back garden. How did a primary school teacher become a killer and how was her crime uncovered?

It appears she did inform her employee that she knew Beal, but surely knew it was not appropriate to be a witness. I wonder where she told her employer she was when she was giving evidence

Ms Drummond was the officer who brought Beal “off the van” and had spoken to her for just a few moments, the court heard.

She had also informed her employer, GeoAmey, that she knew Beal and they took steps to ensure there was no further work-related contact between them.
It could be argued that the judge was looking for an excuse to bring the trial to a close as it had become 'bogged down' with expert witnesses for bot prosecution and defence counteracting each other. The 'stop / start trial had significantly overrun and there wasn't any prospect of it ending any time soon, just more 'expert witnesses' being called in to say not very much.

I have no doubt that FB was a woman seriously damaged by the abusive relationship with NB, who obviously was not a very nice person. It's easy to say she could have left him, but, speaking as someone who has experienced a similar relationship, that is FAR easier said than done. I lost count of the amount of times I fantasised about the death (in ANY way) of my husband. But - big BUT - I didn't murder him. I can understand why she did, but that doesn't excuse it. He might well have been the biggest, nastiest, partner out there, but he was someone's loved son.
She is free of him, but will never be free again. I hope she gets the help she so patently needs. I also hope NB's family find some closure now. There are far, far more victims in this case than the deceased.

I have no doubt that FB was a woman seriously damaged by the abusive relationship with NB, who obviously was not a very nice person. It's easy to say she could have left him, but, speaking as someone who has experienced a similar relationship, that is FAR easier said than done. I lost count of the amount of times I fantasised about the death (in ANY way) of my husband. But - big BUT - I didn't murder him. I can understand why she did, but that doesn't excuse it. He might well have been the biggest, nastiest, partner out there, but he was someone's loved son.
She is free of him, but will never be free again. I hope she gets the help she so patently needs. I also hope NB's family find some closure now. There are far, far more victims in this case than the deceased.
Is there actually any evidence that she was abused?
Can you link to this please?
Apart from her saying so, I could not find any evidence to back this up?

Not off the top of my head.
But I believe her, and IIRC, there was evidence given previously from others.
I certainly believe her far more than CM.

Not off the top of my head.
But I believe her, and IIRC, there was evidence given previously from others.
I certainly believe her far more than CM.
Ok, so no actual evidence of this then.

IMO evidence points to her being the abuser considering he was the one that ended up dead and murdered by her.

It doesn’t get much more abusive than stabbing somebody in the neck and burying them in the garden.

It’s very easy to for her to claim he was abusive now, after she’s silenced him forever. She’s made sure he can’t defend himself against her claims. But the fact he is dead points to her being the abuser. IMO

To be fair abuse can be difficult to evidence, especially when it isn't physical. Abusers often appear charming and caring to the outside world. I don't think we should get wrapped up in whether there was evidence of abuse or not. Either way nothing condones murder, whatever the 'reasons' behind it

To be fair abuse can be difficult to evidence, especially when it isn't physical. Abusers often appear charming and caring to the outside world. I don't think we should get wrapped up in whether there was evidence of abuse or not. Either way nothing condones murder, whatever the 'reasons' behind it

I still remember this psychological assessment from the original trial:

"A forensic psychologist said Beal met the criteria for severe depression and post traumatic stress disorder when examined last year.

Dr Cordwell, giving evidence on Monday, May 22,
told jurors:

'It is my opinion
that her relationship with Mr Billingham and her experiences of intimidation, of the bullying
and degrading experiences
has contributed to how she sees and feels about herself
and, as such, contributed to her depression as well as contributed to her ongoing experiences of trauma'."

Ok, so no actual evidence of this then.

IMO evidence points to her being the abuser considering he was the one that ended up dead and murdered by her.

It doesn’t get much more abusive than stabbing somebody in the neck and burying them in the garden.

It’s very easy to for her to claim he was abusive now, after she’s silenced him forever. She’s made sure he can’t defend himself against her claims. But the fact he is dead points to her being the abuser. IMO
With respect I don't think you're quite understanding of the word to say she was the abuser .
Her claim is that she committed murder in retaliation to her being abused which makes her a killer rather an an abuser .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back