UK UK - Paul Taylor, 57, left home in in a vehicle Annan Scotland, car abandoned in Langwathby Penrith, Cumbria , 17 October 2023 *arrest*

This is an article from 5th Feb. It’s behind a paywall but it says he was arrested in the Bristol area the day before and would appear at Leeds CC on 5th March

He was reported missing just days before the alleged attempted murder on 5th Jan. Being from York, I’m pretty sure that attempted murders are quite rare in a village like Acaster Malbis. Wondering if it was a fight in/outside a pub or something drug related.

Last edited:
Wondering if it was a fight in/outside a pub or something drug related.
Snipped by me for focus.

It was mentioned in the Jack Crawley thread that the area in which the Acaster Malbis attack took place was well-known for what might euphemistically be termed consensual adult activities. My guess is that there was a large degree of pre-planning involved in the attacks that Crawley is alleged to have committed (in contrast to the examples you have given, which tend to flare up spontaneously).

It's a shame that thread is gone, there were quite a few articles and sources on there which are probably going to be interesting to look back on. I might try and dig some of them up later...

If there ends up being a crime/trial case, would anyone mind linking it here so we could follow the court case please?

Snipped by me for focus.

It was mentioned in the Jack Crawley thread that the area in which the Acaster Malbis attack took place was well-known for what might euphemistically be termed consensual adult activities. My guess is that there was a large degree of pre-planning involved in the attacks that Crawley is alleged to have committed (in contrast to the examples you have given, which tend to flare up spontaneously).
Now that you mention it! Acaster Malbis airfield is a well-known ‘spot’, a couple of miles out of the village itself.

See also this article from a month ago: Police renew appeal after assault near York village left man hospitalised
“POLICE have renewed an appeal for information after a man was hospitalised with a suspected fractured eye socket after being hit over the head near a York village. North Yorkshire Police said the incident happened at around 8pm on Friday, January 5, close to the old airfield near Acaster Malbis.“

This article reports the first appeal of Jack Crawley going missing on Dec 31. It also mentions he has links to South West Scotland, which is where Paul is from. Many articles mention Just mention Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow are the places Jack has links to in Scotland.

As for the update about the attempted murder charge in Acaster Malbis we have this.
A teenager has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and possessing an offensive weapon at an airfield near York.

Jack Crawley, 19, appeared at York Magistrates’ Court today following an incident near Acaster Malbis on Friday, 5 January.
Mr Crawley, of no fixed address, did not enter formal pleas to the charges but his solicitor Neil Cutte said his client denied the allegations.
Magistrates sent his case to Leeds Crown Court where Mr Crawley will appear on 5 March.

Snipped by me for focus.

I had a feeling this might have been the outcome even before it was mentioned, definitely a lot of pre planning involved.

Given the range of ages of the people arrested and released earlier in this investigation, and the fact at least one was a woman, I’m getting a slightly different feel about this weird situation than I had before. I’m not so sure that the airfield’s special weekend activities will end up being relevant.

Oh my goodness, I was apart of the first thread for Jack Crawley.

This was such a strange case.. Cumbria police at first posted him as a missing person which I believe was incredibly dangerous as from the comments on that Facebook post it was well known he was wanted in connection to other cases (the comments came before the attack in York) - the missing person post could have easily led to a member of the public approaching Jack which could’ve ended in disaster.

I mentioned on the previous thread the comments that were posted on Facebook - I believe now he’s been charged I can mention them (they subsequently have turned out to be true) - they stated that Jack was a murderer and sexual assaulter and they hoped he rotted in hell.

Jack from the police posts in his case (these have all been removed now so I can’t link) seemed to have connections in several parts of the country I’d hope the police look into any other missing gay men from these areas and investigate him for it.

Last edited:
Hi, Crawley was due to appear at Leeds CC today on a charge of attempted murder. Did it go ahead? I haven't been able to find anything to say it did. Thanks

Ok, so JC wasn’t alone… Not surprising tbh. How many other victims are out there and dare not speak out, I wonder :-(

Crawley may have acted alone in his alleged attacks. In fact, my guess is that he did. The latest charge is "assisting an offender", which covers things such as:
  • Washing the clothes of that person to remove evidence
  • Allowing them to hide in their house/garden/shed/car
  • Giving them a lift to the airport/ train station/ taxi rank
  • Hiding or disposing of a weapon for them
  • Disposing of a vehicle linked to the offence on their behalf
I completely agree with your second point.

Sad news, our thoughts are with Paul’s family & friends.
As part of Operation Focus - the ongoing investigation relating to missing Annan man, Paul Taylor - officers conducting searches in the area of Finglandrigg Wood off the B5307 in Carlisle have located suspected human remains.

A police presence will be in the area for some time whilst officers continue with their work at the scene.

People are asked to avoid the area to allow this work to continue.

Paul’s family have been informed of developments.

Sad news, our thoughts are with Paul’s family & friends.
As part of Operation Focus - the ongoing investigation relating to missing Annan man, Paul Taylor - officers conducting searches in the area of Finglandrigg Wood off the B5307 in Carlisle have located suspected human remains.

A police presence will be in the area for some time whilst officers continue with their work at the scene.

People are asked to avoid the area to allow this work to continue.

Paul’s family have been informed of developments.
I was about to put this up too. I hope this assists the investigation. It might suggest that someone has disclosed information relating to Paul's disappearance.

Crawley may have acted alone in his alleged attacks. In fact, my guess is that he did. The latest charge is "assisting an offender" ...
Edited by me for brevity.

A YOUNG Carlisle man has formally denied that he “assisted” an alleged murderer to dispose of a car.

Marcus Goodfellow, 20, entered his not guilty plea to the charge when he appeared at the city’s crown court. The allegation is that he “assisted” the man accused of murdering Annan man Paul Taylor.

Court papers show the charge faced by Goodfellow, of Greystone Road, Carlisle, specifies that he allegedly helped 20-year-old Jack Crawley to dispose of a Vauxhall Corsa car “between October 17 and October 20 2023.”

Specifically, the charge alleges that he “arranged transport away from incriminating evidence, with intent to impede the apprehension or prosecution of a person who had committed the offence of murder, knowing or believing the said person to be guilty of the offence or some other offence.”

Goodfellow spoke only to confirm his personal details.

Judge Nicholas Barker set a timetable for the handling of the case, which will include a further hearing next month and a likely trial date in October, with the trial expected to last three weeks.

In the meantime, Goodfellow was granted bail with certain conditions, which include him not having contact with three named individuals and reporting on a weekly basis to the city’s Durranhill Police HQ.

News and Star newspaper article

HUMAN remains found in the area of Finglandrigg Wood, off the B5307 outside Carlisle, have been confirmed to be those of missing Annan man Paul Taylor, police have said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back