UPDATE Identity Confirmed As Caylee 12-19-2008 ME Info

Sorry....I have been posting info on another thread!

Cause of death is homicide, Dr. G says that toxology reports not complete yet.

states no soft tissue remained on bones

FBI followed up on over 400 leads outside of florida.

Sherrif Beary speaking sounds like he is about to cry. "No child should have to go through this."

Sheriff Beary - the case is a nightmare case, open wound in the community. He is choking up now talking about his two girls of his own.

If Caylee's body was intact with no anitmortem damage, how can they rule Homicide and not Natural death? Considering no toxicology has been returned, they seem to not be able to rule out natural death?

MOO

Circumstantial evidence....people don't just end up in garbage bags, and it is the ME's opinion based on what she can infer from the scene. She feels it wasn't accidental.

Sheriff Beary just got choked up, says this case is his worst nightmare. He has raised 2 daughters and no child should go through this.

I think when you find a 2 year old in skeletal form with duct tape wrapped around its little mouth and in a bag, you can kinda not think of it as a natural death.

Awww Sheriff choked up. I am sure this has been a tremendous strain for all the LEOs that were involved in this case. God Bless all of them.

I think when you find a 2 year old in skeletal form with duct tape wrapped around its little mouth and in a bag, you can kinda not think of it as a natural death.

ME would not confirm duct tape.

Meter Reader is still going to be live at 3:30 pm

WFTV LiVE just reported (I'm switching back and forth between wtfv and wesh)

Still awaiting report of forensic anthropologist to try to determine how long the bones were there. Also awaiting botonist and entimologist reports. Neither of which were needed to identify the bones as that of Caylee.

"Superb" job was done at the site, per Forensic anthropologists from 2 Florida Universities. Found bones the size of a pebble. Not all bones are found.

Dr.G. will not comment on the site, the other evidence etc.

Sheriff Beary said an investigation is ongoing on the Meter Reader's 3 reports.

KC was notified according to protocol, which requires the ME to notify the jail who then calls in clergy member to break the news to the prisoner.

Dr. G. tried to "reach out" to CA. CA has been notified.

KC (or someone acting on her behalf) has to sign a release to allow the ME to hand over the skeleton to someone else. When KC releases the bones they will be handed over to whomever she chooses, whether a mortuary for a funeral or (Baez's ME's).

No Cause of Death is determined and may never be determined from science.

Sorry....I have been posting info on another thread!

Cause of death is homicide, Dr. G says that toxology reports not complete yet.

states no soft tissue remained on bones

Dr G did NOT say there was no soft tissue. When asked about the duct tape over the skull she said she would not comment on those details at this time.

Gotta save some things for the trial.

Okay now we know for sure - we need to now piece together the prosecution and see what the defense will do - what we don't have are important forensic test results and what exactly was with the body - AND we do not know for certain about the duct tape

I'm sure we will find out the way she died when the FBI forensic tests are all back - ONLY THING we won't know those results until trial

We should start threads for the prosecution and defense

Okay, so the death is homicide, undetermined. I guess they can't say she accidentally drowned. So are they just not saying and know or do they need the toxicology results?

Meter Readers name is 'Krank' or 'Krahnk'?

For example, a drowning death, KC freaked out and buried/left her where she buried her pets previously. I am scared of CA, I would understand her 22 year old daughter being scared of CA response.

Dr G did NOT say there was no soft tissue. When asked about the duct tape over the skull she said she would not comment on those details at this time.

Gotta save some things for the trial.

she stated the remains were COMPLETELY skeletonized.

was a time of death talked about? i'm surprised no one asked them.

They wouldn't comment on any evidence. Dr. G is very reputable and would not determine the death to be homicide unless she felt without any doubt in her mind that this was the case. She said it was based on 3 things and I can't remember exactly what she said but circumstantial evidence was one of the determinants.

The ME cited three different reasons for making the determination. Crime scene evidence was one of them.

Not only that, but "natural death" might mean accidental...IIRC, a kid here died of an accidental gunshot wound and they are trying to call it a natural death? I thought that was odd.

I think the OP is asking how they can rule out that it was an accident...but I don't think that they definitively can. I think it is her opinion based on information at the scene.

I firmly believe that Casey's defense team is now going to play it as "this was an accident, Casey had PTSD because of th accidental death of her daughter, then snapped." The nanny defense will never fly, and the fact that the ME announced that the levels will be very difficult to determine/interpret, compounded with the fact that there was no visible trauma to the remains, will help support their accident theory...

which I don't believe for a minute:) But I think it's possible that some juror would...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back