UPDATE Identity Confirmed As Caylee 12-19-2008 ME Info

They are still waiting for many more test results - FBI, toxicology, anthropologist, botonist - we might find out how she died after all - we will have to wait for trial tho

NOW is the time for the gag order

well theres many threads on this subject I see so I'll try this thread- I guess the next step is to wait and see what the tox. reports say- and we may not know then either so we have to hope she gets convicted with the circumstantial evidence- right- and the defense breathed a sigh of relieve that there was no trauma to the bones- we can only hppe they find something in the tox. reports or we will have to depend solely on the circumstantial evidence at trail- whats the highest sentence she would get if they cant find a cause of death but convict her of the murder?

Dr G did NOT say there was no soft tissue. When asked about the duct tape over the skull she said she would not comment on those details at this time.

Gotta save some things for the trial.

I must respectfully disagree, I heard her say there were only skeletal remains and no soft tissue.

Sorry if this is a newbie type question but how can they differentiate that it was homicide vs. an accident with no cause of death?

For example, a drowning death, KC freaked out and buried/left her where she buried her pets previously. I am scared of CA, I would understand her 22 year old daughter being scared of CA response.

That would be an accidental death, not a natural one. And people usually don't hide the body or coverup the facts of the death for either one. There are many deaths ruled this way. Laci and Conner Peterson are two of them.

Attorney/Correspondent on TruTV says that the COD as undetermined could be a huge blow to the prosecution in proving M1 case. He said the defense is probably breathing a sigh of relief that no antemortem bone trauma was found. Toxicology results could be inconclusive (most likely will according to Dr. G) because levels of substances that would cause death couldn't be proven conclusively. Ugh, ugh and ugh. The correspondent said it might have been better for the prosecution if the body HADN'T been found.

Personally, if the duct tape thing is true...I don't think they'll have a problem at all proving M1...especially with fingerprints.

If jail calls clergy, wonder if that is why jail called the priest the other day?

I thought I heard her say there was NO soft tissue, just skeletal remains. I wonder if there was hair as well?

she stated the remains were COMPLETELY skeletonized.

was a time of death talked about? i'm surprised no one asked them.

a reporter asked how long the bones had been there, but they said they could not comment. Probably would have said the same thing re: time of death.

If Caylee's body was intact with no anitmortem damage, how can they rule Homicide and not Natural death? Considering no toxicology has been returned, they seem to not be able to rule out natural death?

MOO

natural death for a missplaced 3 yr old...sounds right

dr G SAID she would not disclose the evidence that led them to the charge

ya think they may have some?

ARE THEY JUST STUPID?

Awww Sheriff choked up. I am sure this has been a tremendous strain for all the LEOs that were involved in this case. God Bless all of them.

I was composed until the Sheriff got choked up - then I did cry. We all suspected that the remains were Caylee, but to hear the confirmation was heart wrenching.

RIP Caylee. We love you! :blowkiss:

I expect there's lots of evidence that will be revealed at the trial that proves it's a homicide and the ME ruled on evidence that we can't see.

I believe that autopsy results are public record in FL and we'll be able to access them at a later date, but with homicide ruled I would think that these won't be made available until after the trial.

Dr G did NOT say there was no soft tissue. When asked about the duct tape over the skull she said she would not comment on those details at this time.

Gotta save some things for the trial.

I just rewound, I have DVR, Dr. G did say there was no soft tissue

I know I am playing Devils advocate, but if the death was accidental, or natural. Disposing of the body, and not contacting LE does not equal Murder 1.

Okay, so the death is homicide, undetermined. I guess they can't say she accidentally drowned. So are they just not saying and know or do they need the toxicology results?

Meter Readers name is 'Krank' or 'Krahnk'?

I read on WOFL that it was R. Kronk

ME would not confirm duct tape.

which is not the same as denying it ;)

but really, I missed the first 6 minutes as I was madly trying to install codecs to try to see it live with my stupid linux laptop that suitsme fine unless I wanna see a presser.

whats the highest sentence Casey could get if they cant find a cause of death but have enough circumstantial evidence against her? thank you

I thought I heard her say there was NO soft tissue, just skeletal remains. I wonder if there was hair as well?

Dr. G. was pretty clear in using the words completely skeletonized and no soft tissue remained.

Also clear she is ruling the death as homicide by undetermined means based on examination of the body, evidence recovered at the scene, and other circumstantial evidence. That other circumstantial evidence probably includes items seized in the search this past weekend at the parents as well as evidence not released to the public but collected over the course of the investigation.

Supposed legal experts interviewed say not being able to determine cause of death is very helpful to the defense, but as I interpret "helpful" I take that to mean they feel they can defend a murder one charge more effectively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back