UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched quite a few of the Connexions videos before the channel was taken down. I have a hunch that these two would not recognize the authority of LE or the courts, that they will claim they are the ones "in truth" and everyone else is in deception or whatever their twisted vocabulary is. That's speculation, of course.

jmo

This is where the internet gets waaay too creepy for me.
Abuse normalised and hid right out in the open

to the admiration of millions.
I'm not great on U tube..
I wouldn't have been drawn to this or the influencer culture in general
But I'm not a mother with lots of time on her hands and several children to care for and needing this kind of stimulus so I cannot judge the audiences just because it's not my experience.

My concern is that some of the rot they spouted was taken on board and children everywhere are being treated with cruelty if not outright abuse as a result.

Who is responsible for cleaning up the mess?
The justice system will prosecute them but she has diehards, I suspect and the diehards have kids they're possibly abusing?
who even polices this?

@Gitana nailed it when she described it as culty.

That cult is feeding off itself and everything in sight like an ugly symbiotic vampire..
that's the next generation of kids..
gen Z ain't seen nothing yet..

I just can't imagine expecting my six year old to pack her own lunch and then making her go hungry when she forgets. She's six! Did Ruby make her do her own laundry too?

Not only abusive, but mean. Petty and mean.

Also, as a parent. I liked taking care of my kids. They're both adults now, but I still like taking care of them when I can.

moo
Exactly this ^^
I get so happy when my baby (who will be 25 in two weeks lol) comes over hungry and I get to make him a sandwich lol

Too little, too late. All these family members knew exactly what was happening in that house. They knew the children were treated abominably. Even the oldest daughter, who I will give a pass to because she is traumatized) knew what was going on. Why didn't they go to the cops? Why didn't they take some of the younger ones out of that environment.
The oldest ones left and left their young, vulnerable siblings there to bear the brunt of the assaults and probably bore the anger the mother felt at the older ones who left.

As for the father, why on earth would he take the oldest boy yet not fight to get the smaller kids out of there? Apathy is as bad as involvement. It boggles my mind that now that the cops are well aware of the treatment those kids endured, they are all singing like canaries. I don't think her sisters or her husband get a pass. Disgraceful.
One hundred percent right. Period. Nothing to do with religion, it was children living with a sick and violent adult. Two of them, and the father is just as sick. The conditions of the two, so far, children that we know of did not happen 'overnight'. Get rid of this 'religion' garbage being used for abuse as it's adult plain and simply harming small and innocent and 'no voice' children. Thankfully again, one child broke free and attention was drawn, to save the other one. WAKE UP PEOPLE, anyone at all involved in any way including the school, police department anyone. Get the cops in there, there are ways. F not enough evidence and that type of behavior.

This is so sad

Neighbors said Franke would insert herself into other neighbor’s lives, with one neighbor citing an instance in which Franke gave a sermon-like lecture over what she called “inappropriate” posters of women posing in shorts that were displayed in a garage. Franke kicked her husband, Kevin, out of the home last year, a source with knowledge of their relationship said.

Yup. She said that kids aren’t entitled to personal space. “It’s MY space. Not their’s!”

She said anyone who felt this was wrong was “in distortion”, which I guess was some culty thing they believed about how people are out of step with God, or something.
And it's not even HER space if she paid for it with the money she made out of exploiting her children. I read somewhere today that she also said she would kick her kids out of the house when they were 18. IMO since I can't find the source. But if she said that, WTH? These "parents" weren't even going to give their kids a college education with the money they made off of them? All of this is so so wrong.

I just can't imagine expecting my six year old to pack her own lunch and then making her go hungry when she forgets. She's six! Did Ruby make her do her own laundry too?

Not only abusive, but mean. Petty and mean.

Also, as a parent. I liked taking care of my kids. They're both adults now, but I still like taking care of them when I can.

moo
I think she enjoyed it. She grinned so often in the clips where she’s being abusive. Sick woman.

Among the most heartbreaking details from the NBC story linked above:

“The male neighbor recalled how Franke’s youngest daughter Eve, who is approximately 10 years old, would wander the neighborhood while her mother was away for prolonged periods after she kicked Kevin Franke out of the house. Eve would look for companions in the community, the neighbors said. The neighbors said it did not seem like she was attending school. (The Nebo School District, which represents that Springville area, did not immediately return a request for comment.)

“She would just knock on your door and say, ‘Hi, can your kids play?’” he recalled. “And we’re like, ‘Well, they’re at school. They won’t be home for three or four hours.’ And she’d be like, ‘I’ll wait.’” He added, “she’s like this lost child.”

Among the most heartbreaking details from the NBC story linked above:

“The male neighbor recalled how Franke’s youngest daughter Eve, who is approximately 10 years old, would wander the neighborhood while her mother was away for prolonged periods after she kicked Kevin Franke out of the house. Eve would look for companions in the community, the neighbors said. The neighbors said it did not seem like she was attending school. (The Nebo School District, which represents that Springville area, did not immediately return a request for comment.)

“She would just knock on your door and say, ‘Hi, can your kids play?’” he recalled. “And we’re like, ‘Well, they’re at school. They won’t be home for three or four hours.’ And she’d be like, ‘I’ll wait.’” He added, “she’s like this lost child.”
That touches my heart as well as scares me at her vulnerability.

jmo

This sounds like a case of kids who didn't know if it was right or wrong, just that they didn't like it.

One wonders what the daughter faced when she got home, after knocking on the neighbors' doors looking for friends, not even seeming to know that these kids were in school, where she too should have been.

And it's not even HER space if she paid for it with the money she made out of exploiting her children. I read somewhere today that she also said she would kick her kids out of the house when they were 18. IMO since I can't find the source. But if she said that, WTH? These "parents" weren't even going to give their kids a college education with the money they made off of them? All of this is so so wrong.
I saw her on You tube saying that. It was some compilation video about her abusiveness. IIRC.

She seemed to really detest her children.

Another thing I saw her do on video was to take her youngest child’s comfort item stuffed animal and told her (kid looked about 5), that if the kid ever cut something in “her” house again (meaning the mom’s house), she would cut the head off the stuffed animal. She forced the child to look at her while she said this. The kid covered her eyes in fear and anguish and cried.

Kids do stupid things. I had an obsession with bandaids, tape, writing on the wall and cutting things with the scissors. I got in trouble for it. Missed out on a Bluebirds (like girl scouts) event because I wrote on the walls for the umpteenth time. But no one ever threatened to destroy a beloved comfort item of mine because my brain was too underdeveloped to understand consequences (both to me for doing something stupid and to my parents for wrecking their walls), or to be able to control my impulsivity. I was six.

Here’s some evidence that the father was in on some of this stuff too:

"I'm scared to share this because knowing people these days, I don't know…how they're going to respond. So, Kevin and I, we have…six children. The two youngest are showing long patterns of selfishness," Franke said in the video. "They have been showing, through their choices, their unwillingness to repent, their unwillingness to feel sorrow over some pretty egregious choices that they've made. So, Kevin and I have decided that we are going to give the gift of truth of them this year for Christmas."

Ruby Franke poses with her four daughters

Blogger Ruby Franke is facing six counts of child abuse following an Aug. 30 incident in Utah.
She continued, "We told them that this year, they are not going to be visited by Santa."

I watched her on another video explaining that she told the two youngest that they would have to watch all the other kids open presents while getting none themselves.

I bet she enjoyed that.

But my point is that dad was part of a lot of this stuff.

Here’s some evidence that the father was in on some of this stuff too:

"I'm scared to share this because knowing people these days, I don't know…how they're going to respond. So, Kevin and I, we have…six children. The two youngest are showing long patterns of selfishness," Franke said in the video. "They have been showing, through their choices, their unwillingness to repent, their unwillingness to feel sorrow over some pretty egregious choices that they've made. So, Kevin and I have decided that we are going to give the gift of truth of them this year for Christmas."

Ruby Franke poses with her four daughters

Blogger Ruby Franke is facing six counts of child abuse following an Aug. 30 incident in Utah.
She continued, "We told them that this year, they are not going to be visited by Santa."

I watched her on another video explaining that she told the two youngest that they would have to watch all the other kids open presents while getting none themselves.

I bet she enjoyed that.

But my point is that dad was part of a lot of this stuff.
Those kids are damaged beyond repair.
She needs to get several life sentences and each of her co-conspirators with her.

Another thing I saw her do on video was to take her youngest child’s comfort item stuffed animal and told her (kid looked about 5), that if the kid ever cut something in “her” house again (meaning the mom’s house), she would cut the head off the stuffed animal. She forced the child to look at her while she said this. The kid covered her eyes in fear and anguish and cried.

Kids do stupid things. I had an obsession with bandaids, tape, writing on the wall and cutting things with the scissors. I got in trouble for it. Missed out on a Bluebirds (lidke girl scouts) event because I wrote on the walls for the umpteenth time. But no one ever threatened to destroy a beloved comfort item of mine because my brain was too underdeveloped to understand consequences (both to me for doing something stupid and to my parents for wrecking their walls), or to be able to control my impulsivity. I was six.
I was a Bluebird too! :)

As the youngest child of five, I did get away with more than my older siblings and I don't think that is especially unusual. In this family, even the youngest were not spared. For what reason? To cause pain and disconnect, it seems. Horrible parenting style, imo.

jmo

I was a Bluebird too! :)

As the youngest child of five, I did get away with more than my older siblings and I don't think that is especially unusual. In this family, even the youngest were not spared. For what reason? To cause pain and disconnect, it seems. Horrible parenting style, imo.

jmo

The backstory is probably she didn’t want R & E the two youngest. Being a Mormon it seems like Kevin definitely forced her into having so many kids. Just imagine not being at all Maternal and you have 6 Children and look at the ages of the them.

the oldest is 20 , 18 , 16 , 14 , 12 and 10 and she is only like 40 Years of age and she said before she had multiple miscarriages as well.

MOOO

One sign that a child is experiencing discipline that is too harsh is indeed "bad behavior." They figure, they're going to be punished anyway, might as well give them some good reasons to do so.

Respectfully disagree. I don't think a child's behavior reflects how they are being parented. Some great parents have kids who are a challenge (to put it nicely) and vice versa. Let's please just look at the parents to judge how they are parenting.

In this case, the kids were possibly abused for virtually nothing at all... these adults seem like abusive control freaks. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2