VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

Just some thoughts;
If she was sleeping in the sleeper part of the cab and the rescuers had to tear off the top to go through to the cab to extricate Danny, why wasn't her body noticeable, she couldn't have been burned beyond recognition and his body have been noticed and intact enough to be taken out, they were to close together.

Cadaver dogs would probably not be effective because of the hundreds of dead chickens.

Have searchers looked up under the bridge infrastructure, she could have been ejected upwards into the underpinnings of the bridge and by the same token she could have been ejected forward, out the front of the truck and dirt could have covered her as it was pushed forward by the skidding truck. MOO MOO MOO

It seems like if her earring is mostly intact, she wasn't incinerated. LE located the driver and his dog, enough to ID them - it doesn't seem this girl was in the cab at the time of the wreck.

Last edited:
There’s this expression in the financial markets (I work in this space) that when in a recession, every day that passes is one day closer to recovery, and that tends over time to bolster facts and eliminate untrue beliefs.

I believe that every day that passes with silence from her is a day closer to recovery, in that every day of silence serves as a fact. This woman did not have perfect relationships (neither do I, baby) but she had consistent ones. She did not walk out of a GPS-tracked tractor trailer without her phone and off into the night and go silent on everyone, not when she is a national news story and easily searchable on major social platforms. And I’m sure he wasn’t perfect either, but by all accounts from those who knew him, that man would not have left her helpless and phoneless and driven off, under any conditions.

I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that she died in the truck. I am not convinced that earring is a match - it’s close - it could go either way, to my eyes - but my fervent prayer is that it convinces them, who are the hearts and minds who fundamentally matter in this case. I hope it gives them some peace. If it were one of my daughters I would need that peace to will myself to go on.
If you look at the earring in the photo of Alyssa, it looks similar to the pendant they found except the dangles (likely plastic) are gone. The metal part is intact. That seems reasonable to me, that the plastic pieces might have melted away.

It seems like if her earring is mostly intact, she wasn't incinerated. LE located the driver and his dog, enough to ID them - it doesn't seem this girl was in the cab at the time of the wreck.
Driver and dog were in the front cab. She was up very early that morning, and it was by this time quite late, they had had dinner and been on the road for some time since, he was talking on the phone as was his nightly ritual - I believe she was asleep in the cab, multiple feet behind him. Directly above the diesel reserves.
Makes thermodynamic sense to me that a metal earring that dropped to pavement through fire could be found. Makes thermodynamic sense to me that organic material would not be. Lastly: I see strong reason to believe that she did not suffer, which is something else I hope the family can hold on to for solace.

There’s this expression in the financial markets (I work in this space) that when in a recession, every day that passes is one day closer to recovery, and that tends over time to bolster facts and eliminate untrue beliefs.

I believe that every day that passes with silence from her is a day closer to recovery, in that every day of silence serves as a fact. This woman did not have perfect relationships (neither do I, baby) but she had consistent ones. She did not walk out of a GPS-tracked tractor trailer without her phone and off into the night and go silent on everyone, not when she is a national news story and easily searchable on major social platforms. And I’m sure he wasn’t perfect either, but by all accounts from those who knew him, that man would not have left her helpless and phoneless and driven off, under any conditions.

I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that she died in the truck. I am not convinced that earring is a match - it’s close - it could go either way, to my eyes - but my fervent prayer is that it convinces them, who are the hearts and minds who fundamentally matter in this case. I hope it gives them some peace. If it were one of my daughters I would need that peace to will myself to go on.
Very well said and I totally agree as I am too convinced she was in that truck. I hope the family finds the peace that they need.

Just some thoughts;
If she was sleeping in the sleeper part of the cab and the rescuers had to tear off the top to go through to the cab to extricate Danny, why wasn't her body noticeable, she couldn't have been burned beyond recognition and his body have been noticed and intact enough to be taken out, they were to close together.

Cadaver dogs would probably not be effective because of the hundreds of dead chickens.

Have searchers looked up under the bridge infrastructure, she could have been ejected upwards into the underpinnings of the bridge and by the same token she could have been ejected forward, out the front of the truck and dirt could have covered her as it was pushed forward by the skidding truck. MOO MOO MOO
the sleeper is separate part. cab in front and the sleeper is like "a extension" not all cabs have one its extra. and its located above the fuel tanks. when they used jaws of life to open the cab, that was not the same part as the sleeper. it was fully engulfed at that point and ended up totally burning. they didnt expect anyone else to be there.

that being said im not sure its the same earring.

I'm also not 100% convinced. It's a bit like the Old Navy flip flop. No disrespect meant to her family, but it is an earring, and a style which is fairly common/popular/trendy currently. (Costume jewelry vs say a pair she inherited from a relative .) I would feel more certain if the image of Alyssa showed her earrings more clearly.

I can see a similar earring. Personally, I think it is a high likelihood it's hers. I can also understand why the discovery of an earring in a storm drain may not have much of an impact.

I'm also not 100% convinced. It's a bit like the Old Navy flip flop. No disrespect meant to her family, but it is an earring, and a style which is fairly common/popular/trendy currently. (Costume jewelry vs say a pair she inherited from a relative .) I would feel more certain if the image of Alyssa showed her earrings more clearly.

I can see a similar earring. Personally, I think it is a high likelihood it's hers. I can also understand why the discovery of an earring in a storm drain may not have much of an impact.
its a similar shape. the one in her pic looks like it has a hollow rather than the stone

Looking at the satellite view is it possible that if Alyssa was riding in the sleeper birth not wearing some kind of restraint that at the point of impact she was thrown from the vehicle into what looks to be shrubs or small wooded area to the right of the over pass or thrown over highway 86 in to that
Shrub / wooded area. The truck was probably doing 70 plus mph at the time of impact. The crash did occurred in the early morning hours of September 13.
The family believes she was taken to the landfill where the contents of the trailer were taken but authorities don’t believe that that was not possible and will not allow the landfill to be searched . Jmoo

Eastern Shore Post
https://www.easternshorepost.com ›

57B4F2E0-DFF3-4B43-9D78-40CCB2E477EF.jpeg

Looking at the satellite view is it possible that if Alyssa was riding in the sleeper birth not wearing some kind of restraint that at the point of impact she was thrown from the vehicle into what looks to be shrubs or small wooded area to the right of the over pass or thrown over highway 86 in to that
Shrub / wooded area. The truck was probably doing 70 plus mph at the time of impact. The crash did occurred in the early morning hours of September 13.
The family believes she was taken to the landfill where the contents of the trailer were taken but authorities don’t believe that that was not possible and will not allow the landfill to be searched . Jmoo

Eastern Shore Post

View attachment 372524
im sure its possible. although truck was 55 i believe? telepneumatics gave up the speed.

Eastern Shore Post

View attachment 372524
Interesting.

Do we know the exact area which has been searched on the ground? I do not remember reading beyond "searched".

IMO From reading these posts the general consensus is that Alyssa was in that truck. With the evidence that has been collected, the blanket, the earring,The flip flop ,and her cell phone, all found in the the aftermath, should lead anyone to believe that she was in the truck.
As horrific as the incident was ,she was she could have been obliterated in the explosion and what ever was left burned up.if that is the case there may be bone fragments at the site of the crash.
A cadaver dog might be able to detect things of that nature. This is Imo total speculation .

We woke to the news of another serious tractor trailer crash... driver fell asleep at the wheel on a brand new highway connector that was under construction for a decade. Fortunately, the driver seemed not to have life-threatening injuries and there were no other vehicles involved. When I saw the tweet that said that all lanes were closed, I feared it was because there was a death investigation, but apparently, it was due to the difficulty of removing the truck. Driver falls asleep, crashing tractor trailer on new I-885 in Durham

Last edited:
I was up on Eastern Shore twice this past month and this is the first I'm hearing of this. NOTHING on the local news channels except in Sept and even the local ABC affiliate provided VERY sparse details. The media here hasn't had anything on it since late Sept. The Eastern Shore is really a very isolated part of VA because there are only two ways off for that truck - drive north to MD and then drive south OR south over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The toll booths have cameras so I would have hoped LE checked those. After that any useful CCTV from Exmore to the crash site is nonexistent.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back