VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

I was up on Eastern Shore twice this past month and this is the first I'm hearing of this. NOTHING on the local news channels except in Sept and even the local ABC affiliate provided VERY sparse details. The media here hasn't had anything on it since late Sept. The Eastern Shore is really a very isolated part of VA because there are only two ways off for that truck - drive north to MD and then drive south OR south over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The toll booths have cameras so I would have hoped LE checked those. After that any useful CCTV from Exmore to the crash site is nonexistent.
My husband is from Accomack/Onancock and no one he is in touch with there has heard a peep about this. Very peculiar. So sad.

I was up on Eastern Shore twice this past month and this is the first I'm hearing of this. NOTHING on the local news channels except in Sept and even the local ABC affiliate provided VERY sparse details. The media here hasn't had anything on it since late Sept. The Eastern Shore is really a very isolated part of VA because there are only two ways off for that truck - drive north to MD and then drive south OR south over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The toll booths have cameras so I would have hoped LE checked those. After that any useful CCTV from Exmore to the crash site is nonexistent.
i believe he did take the tunnel but its speculated that she was asleep in the sleeper so unsure that she would have been seen in the cameras.

Autopsy finds Va. truck driver killed in NC crash was drunk. Missing woman not found.

A Virginia truck driver was at four times the legal limit for being impaired when he crashed his tractor-trailer rig into an Orange County, N.C., bridge in September, according to an autopsy released Wednesday.

[...]

A toxicology report released by the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday afternoon showed McNeal had a blood-alcohol content of 0.32 — four times the state's legal limit for impairment — when he crashed.

[...]

This is not good. I thought she was in the truck too but they would have found something right? Something from her remains would be in the wreckage right? If she is not, in fact, in the truck then where is she? My guess is no longer walking this earth but what happened and where?

This is not good. I thought she was in the truck too but they would have found something right? Something from her remains would be in the wreckage right? If she is not, in fact, in the truck then where is she? My guess is no longer walking this earth but what happened and where?
the sleeper area of the cab was above the tanks and was completely incinerated. i still think she was there.

DEC 3, 2022
[...]

Krista said her daughter was traveling from their home state of Virginia with McNeal. The two were friends. McNeal was delivering chicken and Taylor just wanted to tag along.

An autopsy report released Wednesday showed McNeal died of blunt-forced trauma and that alcohol was a contributing factor.

A toxicology report found that McNeal had four-times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

It also states that surveillance video from a convenience store captured McNeal buying alcohol and traveling with another individual.

Alyssa’s family said that individual was her, but investigators with the North Carolina Highway Patrol said there is no evidence that points to Alyssa being in the truck at the time of the crash.

Her family points to items of hers they found at the crash site.

“We found her earring down in the drain at the wreckage site. We found her flip flop at where they took the truck at,” Krista said. “His geotag shows everywhere he stopped and it shows video footage of just him when he stopped at convenience stores, but what it doesn’t show anywhere is where my daughter had got out at the truck.”

[...]

Autopsy finds Va. truck driver killed in NC crash was drunk. Missing woman not found.

A Virginia truck driver was at four times the legal limit for being impaired when he crashed his tractor-trailer rig into an Orange County, N.C., bridge in September, according to an autopsy released Wednesday.

[...]

A toxicology report released by the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday afternoon showed McNeal had a blood-alcohol content of 0.32 — four times the state's legal limit for impairment — when he crashed.

[...]

I just heard of her case. I live in a big trucking area and it scares me that truckers could be on the road with that high of BAL.

DEC 6

Alyssa's aunt Sabrina claims North Carolina Highway Patrol didn't do their due diligence.

She says North Carolina investigators told the family there was no evidence Alyssa was in the truck at the time of the crash.

Now, the family wants the case turned over to the FBI.

"It's a multi jurisdictional case with conflicting reports and conflicting evidence and we feel that the FBI, it's to the point where the FBI should be involved in this," Sabrina said.

If she WAS in the cab would there be a way for LE to prove she was incinerated?
I would think there would have had to have been some kind of trace left behind, even if it was microscopic evidence, but I'm no expert. With the fact that her family found some of her items at the crash site (earring in the storm drain & her flip flop and blanket), you would have hoped that LE would have done everything possible to see if any trace of her was in the wreckage. Maybe there are specific tests that could have been done? I'm not sure how it works. It's a shame that the family feels LE did not investigate thoroughly enough. I hope the FBI gets involved and can give her family closure.

Last edited:
I would think there would have had to have been some kind of trace left behind, even if it was microscopic evidence, but I'm no expert. With the fact that her family found some of her items at the crash site (earring in the storm drain & her flip flop and blanket), you would have hoped that LE would have done everything possible to see if any trace of her was in the wreckage. Maybe there are specific tests that could have been done? I'm not sure how it works. It's a shame that the family feels LE did not investigate thoroughly enough. I hope the FBI gets involved and can give her family closure.
It’s sad because the FBI likely has the resources and capabilities to perform such tests on what little evidence was found but they can’t step in unless the state police asks them to and the since the state police have taken the position of denial there is no chance of that happening. Then again, at this point what would be left or the scene for them to inspect and/or take samples of? I can’t imagine the remains of that truck is still sitting on that lot but maybe it is. I can only hope that at the very least the state police preserved some part of it.

Last edited:
I get the same feeling about this as when I first read the case of Duncan Alexander Burrell Gordon (the SC man who fell into the shredder). Many of us were begging for someone to please thoroughly investigate - and we know how that turned out (enough evidence found to declare him deceased). Please LE, please thoroughly investigate once more.

I keep checking for updates about Alyssa. I actually feel like she probably wasn’t in the truck. I mean, if they found the dog’s body, surely they would’ve found evidence of her.

I hope answers are found some day. I believe I read that the last place her phone was confirmed to be was a ways back down the road. I wonder if something happened to her there. Pretty weird that the guy would die in his truck immediately after Alyssa fell off the radar.

the sleeper area of the cab was above the tanks and was completely incinerated. i still think she was there.
I agree.
This is so so sad. It sounds like she became ashes.
Bingo!
I keep checking for updates about Alyssa. I actually feel like she probably wasn’t in the truck. I mean, if they found the dog’s body, surely they would’ve found evidence of her.
Snipped.

No, because some areas of the truck were completely incinerated but others were not, so you can't make that assumption. The sleeper area that Alyssa is theorized to have been in was right above the fuel tanks and was completely incinerated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back