VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing these images before, and I do think it is Amy. It looks so similar to her, especially the chin and nose. That's crazy that it has been so long and there has been no more info or sightings of her.

I really think that woman looks like Amy. Have the police ever determined how old those photo's are?

Wow. I cannot believe we haven't seen these before. So it was in 2005 that Allan K found these online and submitted them to this HyScience site....is there any mention anywhere else on the net about these photos or updates regarding an investigation into them after 2005???

This was when we were all looking for Natalee. Allan came across the photos & sent them to me asking if I knew about Amy Bradley. I said I had just read her info online. My initial reaction was, "Nope, it's not her." Then I realized all the tattoo areas were covered in the photos.

The Bradley family would love to know the date of the photos.

A reported sighting of Amy came about 2 years later in Barbados. A tourist got talking to her & asked if Amy lived there. Amy responded, "No." The tourist asked, "Are you visiting?" and Amy said, "No." Two men quickly took Amy away.

These photos proved Amy was alive & was being forced into prostitutiion.
Had this also happened to Natalee?

Have there been any updates on this case? I can't find any!

Thanks for the links. It would be helpful to see that video to see if anyone recognizes "Yellow".

I think it would be extremely hard to have gotten her OFF that boat with no one seeing her....anyone agree?

I think they found a way to get her to go willingly.

I think it would be extremely hard to have gotten her OFF that boat with no one seeing her....anyone agree?

She was 5'7 and 115 pounds. My 14-year-old daughter is that size.

I can think of several ways to get her off the ship. Drug her and drag her off, as if she's a person who has had one too many. Knock her out and do the same. Disguise her as a boy or crew member so nobody thinks twice about her leaving the ship. Fold her into a large trunk and drag that off.

Or, as Danaya says, get her to go willingly. Tell her a lie, pose as an authority figure, whatever.

I really don't think getting her off that ship was the biggest issue they had to face. Cruise ships are huge, there are tons of people around, lots of rooms/areas the general public has no knowledge of, and it was the early morning hours.

Her falling overboard -- that I find much harder to believe.

Her falling overboard -- that I find much harder to believe.

Why is that? I did too at first but on the UM forum, they give a possible scenario. She wakes up from her lawn chair nap, goes back in to change clothes and grab her cigarettes for a smoke, leaving the patio door open when she comes back out. She leans over the edge, smoking, maybe she has to throw up so she leans ov er. She still has the pack of smokes in her hand when the ship lurches and she falls overboard. Now, I've never been on a cruise ship but if you go to http://cruisebruise.com there are several stories of people accidently falling overboard.

For anyone who has never been on a Cruise Ship, for any ship traveling between different countries, there are elaborate proceedures in place to assure that everyone leaving is accounted for and everyone returning is actually a registered passanger or crew member. You can not walk off a Cruise ship like you can the Staten Island Ferry. Today, it is done with digitalized i.d. cards. I'm not sure how it was done in 1998 but it would work the same. Everyone leaving would have their disembarkment recorded and the their return would be recorded. I don't see how someone could be "smuggled" off.

The ship's railings ar 42" high. No one can "accidently" fall over them unless they are sitting or climbing on them. People commit suicide jumping off, there have been murders, including rape/murder by crew members, where bodiew were thrown over and there have been people who were on the rails and fell off. This usually happens late at night. My understanding is that about half of all "overboards" ocurr on the last night of the voyage.

I'm not sure if the link was posted here previously but a man who had been on the same cruise as Amy, hired to videotape it, actually had a video of her dancing with a man who is considered to the best of my knowledge a "person of interest". Anyway, he mentioned in the comment section on his blog that she was smuggled out in a garbage bag. Where he got this information, I don't know.

It's always possible that Amy was sitting on the ledge, smoking, and fell off. It would have been late at night.

Why is that? I did too at first but on the UM forum, they give a possible scenario. She wakes up from her lawn chair nap, goes back in to change clothes and grab her cigarettes for a smoke, leaving the patio door open when she comes back out. She leans over the edge, smoking, maybe she has to throw up so she leans ov er. She still has the pack of smokes in her hand when the ship lurches and she falls overboard. Now, I've never been on a cruise ship but if you go to http://cruisebruise.com there are several stories of people accidently falling overboard.

There was some show on TV -- I don't know what, but it was several years ago -- and they brought a camera onto a similar ship and showed how hard it would be to fall overboard. The safety rails were high; from the demonstration it seemed nearly impossible for someone to lean over and fall. You would have to climb up awkwardly to do it. From the events on the ship, the photo of the lookalike woman in the brothel, and the shady character from the disco, it seems more likely to me that Amy was taken from the ship.

AmyBradley.jpg

Jawbone rekindles cruise ship mystery

Jan. 3, 2011

If the human jawbone that washed up on a beach in Aruba late last year wasn't Natalee Holloway's, whose was it?

Authorities continue to investigate. They say the jawbone is human and likely was from a Caucasian. It held a single tooth.

Ten people have vanished while vacationing in the Caribbean in the last 15 years, according to the Aruba Missing Persons website. One of them was Amy Lynn Bradley, then 23, who disappeared 12 years ago while on a vacation cruise with her family.

Bradley and her mother, father and younger brother were on board the cruise ship "Rhapsody of the Seas." The ship had just left Oranjestad, Aruba, and was heading to Curacao, in the Netherlands Antilles, on the day she went missing -- March 24, 1998.

much more at link

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/31/grace.coldcase.bradley/index.html?hpt=T2

I just heard this on HLN and wondered if anything was positive on the jawbone found in Aruba. Hopefully, if it is maybe her parents will have peace at last. I know they have struggled for years thinking that she was being held.

Next Monday (today is Tuesday, May 17), Amy will be the subject of Beth Holloway's show.

That was pretty informative. I had read about the Canadian's and the sailor's sighting of Amy, but I had not known about the woman's sighting on Barbados. I was also not aware the pictures of Amy found online had been verfied with high confidence to actually be Amy.

That was pretty informative. I had read about the Canadian's and the sailor's sighting of Amy, but I had not known about the woman's sighting on Barbados. I was also not aware the pictures of Amy found online had been verfied with high confidence to actually be Amy.
Yeah, I was surprised at all the new info that I hadn't seen before online. The part about all her photos taken by the official cruise photographers disappearing ten hours before was not known to me before. That definitely made it look like she was selected beforehand for abduction.

The episode looks like it will get posted at mylifetime.com/vanished eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves