VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot recall who once said something like the only thing more attractive than money is power,seems like there might have been a struggle for both over the years .....
http://www.curacaochronicle.com/tag/gerrit-schotte/

Why AB, why NH ? Well, they (as opposed to some other missing persons) received the worldwide attention and therefore arm-twisting power, her captors knew they would receive. imo

Good point dotr, and power is like a drug for some people. For some men, power over women is their drug of choice. They just see someone they want and think they should have them, so they just take them. They view women as nothing more than a thing to possess. So like you say, maybe for these type people, the media attention brought about by the NH's and the AB's gives them an even greater sense of power, like just a better drug for them. :shakehead:

The reason I see for photographing the Bradleys is to show Amy how easy it would be to get to them JMHO

I expect every aspect of their lives has been scrutinized

i've always thought the photographers were paps or someone trying to sell something to the media. i know it was confirmed that they weren't...national enquirer?...ugh, i can't remember, but it still could have been an amateur photog hoping to sell pics of the family. jmo

Good point dotr, and power is like a drug for some people. For some men, power over women is their drug of choice. They just see someone they want and think they should have them, so they just take them. They view women as nothing more than a thing to possess. So like you say, maybe for these type people, the media attention brought about by the NH's and the AB's gives them an even greater sense of power, like just a better drug for them. :shakehead:

Unfortunately for both they really aren't in the news anymore.

If we are surmising that Amy's abduction was planned and definitely not a crime of opportunity (personally I still think it could be the latter) then let's try and work out why:

What could Amy Bradley offer/do/provide that nobody else or few other women her age could offer....?

Was she a rare blood group.....? (just throwing out ideas here!)

Could Amy have reminded someone of a long-lost daughter or girlfriend?? Maybe that's why she's been kept alive all these years? Would that fit maybe with all the pictures of her going missing - because they were being shown to someone re a resemblance to another girl/woman?

Is there any chance she was adopted?? (again, just throwing out ideas as we've been advised to try and think 'outside the box' )

Did she perhaps witness something that turned her into a risk? Did she threaten to report a member of staff??

Did anyone in the Bradley family have a serious argument with anyone else while on the cruise ship...?

Did her tattoos possibly suggest to someone that Amy was a risk taker? Daredevil? (am not IN ANY WAY implying the victim should be blamed here!)

Unfortunately for both they really aren't in the news anymore.

Yes, sadly not. And I don't mean to imply I believe that's the reason they take them, not at all, but these people have to know the disappearances would get a lot of media attention at least initially. Yet this knowledge didn't deter them, and I think it's possible that knowing the attention the cases might receive may very well cause them to consider it a greater challenge, and to feel more powerful when they succeed at capturing their 'prey'... :mad:

If we are surmising that Amy's abduction was planned and definitely not a crime of opportunity (personally I still think it could be the latter) then let's try and work out why:

What could Amy Bradley offer/do/provide that nobody else or few other women her age could offer....?

Was she a rare blood group.....? (just throwing out ideas here!)

Could Amy have reminded someone of a long-lost daughter or girlfriend?? Maybe that's why she's been kept alive all these years? Would that fit maybe with all the pictures of her going missing - because they were being shown to someone re a resemblance to another girl/woman?

Is there any chance she was adopted?? (again, just throwing out ideas as we've been advised to try and think 'outside the box' )

Did she perhaps witness something that turned her into a risk? Did she threaten to report a member of staff??

Did anyone in the Bradley family have a serious argument with anyone else while on the cruise ship...?

Did her tattoos possibly suggest to someone that Amy was a risk taker? Daredevil? (am not IN ANY WAY implying the victim should be blamed here!)

The biggest reason I don't think this is a crime of opportunity is because the Bradleys have stated a lot of people were paying attention to Amy while on the cruise, waiters wanted to take her to the bar etc. (oddly enough, the same bar NH went missing from) So I think we would need to ask did something happen BEFORE the Bradleys left? Disgruntled customer, possibly an International customer, with the Insurance Company Ron worked for? A client unhappy with Ron?

Did Amy have anyone that was bothering her before she was leaving and while she was setting up her apartment? disgruntled BF/GF?

Did LE or the FBI interview friends and aquaintences of Amy's and the Bradleys back in Virginia?

The adoption angle is curious, do we know if Amy was adopted?

Yes, sadly not. And I don't mean to imply I believe that's the reason they take them, not at all, but these people have to know the disappearances would get a lot of media attention at least initially. Yet this knowledge didn't deter them, and I think it's possible that knowing the attention the cases might receive may very well cause them to consider it a greater challenge, and to feel more powerful when they succeed at capturing their 'prey'... :mad:

Agreed but I would suspect if someone wanted to kidnap someone for attention they would have gone for someone known the public. Amy and NH didn't become household names (and unfortunately they are now put away in the attic) until they went missing and the parents made the plea. :banghead:

The biggest reason I don't think this is a crime of opportunity is because the Bradleys have stated a lot of people were paying attention to Amy while on the cruise, waiters wanted to take her to the bar etc. (oddly enough, the same bar NH went missing from) So I think we would need to ask did something happen BEFORE the Bradleys left? Disgruntled customer, possibly an International customer, with the Insurance Company Ron worked for? A client unhappy with Ron?

Did Amy have anyone that was bothering her before she was leaving and while she was setting up her apartment? disgruntled BF/GF?

Did LE or the FBI interview friends and aquaintences of Amy's and the Bradleys back in Virginia?

Also have wondered if perhaps a defendant, maybe even someone in OC, could have been sued by the insurance company, and was just a really, really bad loser? Sorry if this post is off limits, not sure. :dunno:

Also have wondered if perhaps a defendant, maybe even someone in OC, could have been sued by the insurance company, and was just a really, really bad loser? Sorry if this post is off limits, not sure. :dunno:

interesting thought. Perhaps not O/C but maybe someone with connections and they didn't get a settlement they believed they were entitled to? TOTALLY outside the box but it's as plausible as anything we discussed

Just spotted this in news, not quite ON topic, but not OFF topic either...concerns females going about daily average business when covert pics are taken and posted, many come from US.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/10/09/20271596.html

"TORONTO - Many local women have unwittingly ended up in "creepshots" which are now posted on the Internet.

People can view candid shots of attractive women -- doing such things as buying coffee, paying bus fare and other mundane acts in public places -- through an online forum on the website Reddit.

The subjects are unaware that their images are being taken by clandestine photographers.

Most of the photos are from the United States, but many have been posted by a contributor in Toronto who goes by the name CreeperComforts"

RSBM BBM

Most of the photos are from the United States, but many have been posted by a contributor in Toronto who goes by the name CreeperComforts"

That is just plain wrong!

Further, I'm seeing where members are confused as to whether Amy might have been taken for the sex trade. While this is always a possibility, and no one knows for sure, many close to the case feel it is unlikely and perhaps a red herring. Prostitution is legal in many of the areas where Amy has been sighted. It would stand to reason there would be many willing participants in this profession. I don't think anyone can definitively say Amy is not being used in this regard, so it's a possibility. Members have been asked to think outside the box, so while discussing Amy within the sex trade is not off limits, we'd like our members to expand their sleuthing to other areas as well. I've seen a lot of speculation as to why Amy may have been taken and we encourage this type of discussion. We feel you're doing some phenomenal work on this case.
<rs&bbm>

The term "red herring" ...

To those who question why Amy's pics would appear on such a site if she was not destined for work in the sex trade, I also believe THAT is the red herring ... to make everyone THINK she is in the trade and concentrate their efforts in that direction. Would explain also why the pics of Amy differ so from the other gals. If she was destined for the trade, why would her pics appear so very different, no AAV logo on the pics, no professional aspect to the shoot, no lure of the Caribbean scenery, no poolside parties ... just a scared young girl chained to a bed in the Land of Nowhere.

Was talking to some LE a while back... they were lamenting how o/c actually drives around and takes pics of the LEOs, their cruisers, homes, etc ... but LE is not legally allowed to do the same in reverse. I believe the pics of the Bradleys were intended for the Bradleys to know they were photographed (we have your daughter and we know where you live) and/or to show Amy (here's proof that we know where your family lives and this is how easy and how close we can get to them). Based on that, I don't think we would be dealing with a few common thugs, but a large group that knows precisely how to intimidate

Young person known to me, not long ago ended up being discovered where they shouldn't have been and where certain criminals wouldn't want them to be, pic taken, intimidated into giving addresss and phone number, with a warning, if anything happens, we know where you live.

IMO, all pics of Amy and the Bradleys were taken by folks in the know with one purpose ... to intimidate and confuse

The reason I don't think this makes sense, is because why would the person wait until the cruise to snatch Amy? Far easier to grab her when she's on her way home or on her way to college or work, or going out in the evening, surely...?

Far far harder to grab her in that very small window of time, on the cruise, just as the ship is about to dock...?

I know what you mean about the waiters etc paying attention to Amy BUT surely that could just be because she was a young, cute girl?

I've read lots of articles about cruises and most of them state that female passengers are the object of attention from male staff. Thus I don't think it was necessarily one of the staff members that were overtly, openly interested in Amy, that were the culprits in her abduction.

Surely if someone was preparing to grab her the LAST thing they would do would be to openly show their interest in front of witnesses, i.e. Amy's parents and brother...?

Anyone know what tour company Ron's employer arranged the cruise through?

http://www.marines.mil/unit/marfors...Marines join forces to train in Curacao;.aspx

"ANTILLEAN ANTI-TERRORISM ;;U.S., Dutch Marines join forces to train in Curacao;
Story Date
2/12/2004 By
Byline
Gunnery Sgt. Mike Dougherty,
Unit
Marine Forces South

Dateline
CURACAO, Netherlands Antilles -- &#8212;
Page Content
The many facets of the Global War on Terror has carried Marines to various parts of the planet, from Afghanistan to the Philippines to the Horn of Africa. This year, it took a group of reservists to the Caribbean island of Curacao, where they trained to combat the gathering threat of Narco-Terrorism."

Snip

"Overall, the time spent training with the Dutch helped both groups increase their tactical proficiency and prepared them for the task of combating terrorism. "The things we've done here, I think they definitely carry over to the war on terrorism. They've already linked al Qaeda to selling drugs, and that's the scenario right now. We're interdicting these terrorist cells that are working in cooperation with druglords - it's going on in the Middle East as we speak, so it' s definitely got some real world aspects to it that the Marines can take away from it," said Hamilton"

http://lebanoniznogood.blogspot.ca/2009/04/hezbollah-funding-part-6-cocaine-in.html

http://www.knowyourcountry.com/curacao1111.html
"US State Dept Trafficking in Persons Report 2011
(introduction):

(Tier 2 Watch List)*

Curacao is a source, transit, and destination area for women,
children, and men who are subjected to sex trafficking and forced
labor. There are indications that child prostitution may be a
problem in Curacao and that some of the hundreds of migrant
women in Curacao’s regulated and illegal prostitution are victims
of forced prostitution. Local authorities believe that migrant
workers have also been subjected to forced domestic service and
forced labor in construction, landscaping, and shops. Some
migrants in restaurants and local businesses may be vulnerable
to debt bondage. Foreign trafficking victims originate in Colombia,
the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Asia.

The Government of Curacao does not fully comply with the
minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking; however, it is
making significant efforts to do so. Despite these efforts, the
government has not shown evidence of increasing efforts over the
previous year; therefore Curacao is placed on Tier 2 Watch List.
Curacaoan authorities identified at least four potential victims of
forced labor during the year. This accomplishment, however, was
overshadowed by the lack of progress in enacting comprehensive
legislation – which remained stalled in parliament – that would
prohibit all forms of human trafficking and weak victim protections,
as well as the lack of identification of victims of forced or child
prostitution, despite a large population of people that are
vulnerable to sex trafficking"

OT

Anyone here ever use the FBI email tip form? I tried sending the info about Ariel Labelle's active twitter account (the gal who went missing from the Allure in September) to both the San Juan office and their general FBI.gov site and, no matter what I do, the form just won't go through.

I did send an email to wreg.com where the news article originated, and I've asked anyone in her WS thread for help but there isn't much activity there and nobody is seeing my post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185044&highlight=withheld

OT

Anyone here ever use the FBI email tip form? I tried sending the info about Ariel Labelle's active twitter account (the gal who went missing from the Allure in September) to both the San Juan office and their general FBI.gov site and, no matter what I do, the form just won't go through.

I did send an email to wreg.com where the news article originated, and I've asked anyone in her WS thread for help but there isn't much activity there and nobody is seeing my post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185044&highlight=withheld

Not entirely sure but am thinking that maybe the tip has to come from a US ip address - can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't go through.

eleph

Not entirely sure but am thinking that maybe the tip has to come from a US ip address - can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't go through.

eleph

Thanks eleph ... it's seriously messed then, because it let's you choose what country you are from and there are lots of them on the dropdown list. Can't even email to tell their email doesn't work :waitasec: Ah well, i'll figure something else out i guess, or hopefully that news team can sort through it.

http://www.marines.mil/unit/marfors...Marines join forces to train in Curacao;.aspx

"ANTILLEAN ANTI-TERRORISM ;;U.S., Dutch Marines join forces to train in Curacao;
Story Date
2/12/2004 By
Byline
Gunnery Sgt. Mike Dougherty,
Unit
Marine Forces South

Dateline
CURACAO, Netherlands Antilles -- —
Page Content
The many facets of the Global War on Terror has carried Marines to various parts of the planet, from Afghanistan to the Philippines to the Horn of Africa. This year, it took a group of reservists to the Caribbean island of Curacao, where they trained to combat the gathering threat of Narco-Terrorism."

Snip

"Overall, the time spent training with the Dutch helped both groups increase their tactical proficiency and prepared them for the task of combating terrorism. "The things we've done here, I think they definitely carry over to the war on terrorism. They've already linked al Qaeda to selling drugs, and that's the scenario right now. We're interdicting these terrorist cells that are working in cooperation with druglords - it's going on in the Middle East as we speak, so it' s definitely got some real world aspects to it that the Marines can take away from it," said Hamilton"

http://lebanoniznogood.blogspot.ca/2009/04/hezbollah-funding-part-6-cocaine-in.html

The Hezbollah are not terrorism related?! Are you kidding me?! I am totally flabbergasted!!! :what:
For its part, the British government's Foreign Office issued a statement in which it said that the drug-dealing elements of Hezbollah, while criminal in nature, are not necessarily terrorism-related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4