Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was a Nordstrom store close to where she was found. Nordstrom is headquartered in Seattle where I live, and so I've been shopping there for years. Many of the longtime Sales Associates keep detailed records of customers and what they buy. Many of the SAs at Nordstrom have worked for the company for decades, so it makes me wonder if there is a store nearby, if there is a SA there that might remember this lady. The reason I knew about that clothing brand is because in the 90s I used to buy quite a bit of it from Nordstrom too. They still sell it to this day.

That has been looked into. When I did a search for it I came up with online purchasing only.
:confused: Sorry I had no idea as it wasn't in any post's and I only found out the juice name through the article.

I found the juice mentioned in video it's made in Belgium by Tropicana
http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.d...page=product_info&cPath=2_46&products_id=3167
any one know where any international sellers would be in that area?
it's a popular european product

I can find Looza now in my local grocery store(s) - and have been able to do so for several years now.

However, at the time it could have been bought in DC, Fairfax, or Alexandria. They are all large/popular areas with a varified population - and many of the local stores reflect that (then and now). There have always been eclectic "gourmet" shops that sell a variety of international products and local country/ethnic-specific markets.

I seriously doubt it would have been *too* difficult to find in that area at that time - its more likely that the police hadn't heard or seen it before because its more of a specialty drink and is usually sold in the European or ethinic section of grocery stores.

OK was wondering as the investigator in the news seemed to not know or even have heard of it and I wouldn't know where I live not many international marts around without a drive anyhow. Video is only from last month so I ask.
As far as vending though I don't know how that works.To me it would be novelity to purchase forigen products as I am not going to make a special trip for something they don't sell at the local market or circle K ( unless it happens to be sold there for that market)

I wonder if there was a Nordstrom store close to where she was found. Nordstrom is headquartered in Seattle ...

There are two Nordstrom stores somewhat close to where she was found. The closest would be the one located at 1400 South Hayes, in Arlington, VA. The other is located at 1961 Chainbridge Road in McLean, VA.

There are also some Nordstrom stores in Maryland: Bethesda and Potomac Mills.

The Arlington Store would seem to me to be the best bet, since Arlington is just east and north of Annandale, and the Bus routes and taxis would be readily available between the two.

There are two Nordstrom stores somewhat close to where she was found. The closest would be the one located at 1400 South Hayes, in Arlington, VA. The other is located at 1961 Chainbridge Road in McLean, VA.

There are also some Nordstrom stores in Maryland: Bethesda and Potomac Mills.

The Arlington Store would seem to me to be the best bet, since Arlington is just east and north of Annandale, and the Bus routes and taxis would be readily available between the two.

The one in Potomac Mills (which is in Woodbridge, VA - not in MD), is a "Nordstrom Rack" which is an outlet version of Nordstrom that might not necessarily have the clothes she was wearing - plus it isn't the most easily accessible place via public transportation.

Depending on which direction she came from, my guess would be either the Bethesda or Arlington locations. Since both cities are accessible through the metro and there are stops near Annandale. Both paths would have allowed her ample time to do a little shopping and placed her in areas that would have been likely to have stores that would have carried "Looza" at the time.

Although I'm not really sure if she would have bought the clothes the same day - she could have bought them weeks or months previously and decided that was the outfit she wanted to wear when she passed. It could have been an outfit that a loved one purchased for her or otherwise had 'meaning'. With her laying out the sheet, and being careful about setting everything up, I don't think that it would be improbable for the other items she had with her to also have some importance - or 'meaning'.

It would be interesting to see if those Nordstrom stores were there 10 years ago. Nordstrom has undergone quite an expansion over the past decade, so it is possible those stores are newer and may post-date this case?

It would be interesting to see if those Nordstrom stores were there 10 years ago. Nordstrom has undergone quite an expansion over the past decade, so it is possible those stores are newer and may post-date this case?

I got those addresses from a November 2002 (5 years old) Verizon White Pages book. So they were around 6 years after her death.

If I find an older book, or if someone else has one, perhaps we can get a closer snapshot of that time.

Out of curiosity I called Nordstrom corporate and asked about the Bethesda and Arlington stores. The Arlington store has been open over 20 years. The Bethesda store is newer, approx. 10-15 years old. Hope this helps.

What a sad story. It breaks my heart that she was in such a dark place. And that no one has come looking for her.

I think she had a reason for dying in the cemetery. She seemed to be very meticulous about everything concerning her death. A person would have to take the correct amount of drugs in order to die. Most people that OD take too much of the drug(s) and just end up getting sick.

I think she had a reason for dying in the cemetery. She seemed to be very meticulous about everything concerning her death. A person would have to take the correct amount of drugs in order to die. Most people that OD take too much of the drug(s) and just end up getting sick.

I agree. I also have a feeling that she probably 'cleaned house' before doing this - most people who commit suicide leave *something* behind - unpaid rent on an apartment, a car, other unclaimed belongings. I'm wondering if she was diagnosed with something terminal (maybe even something like alzhiemer's which wouldn't show up on an autopsy - if one was performed)...and perhaps her family/loved ones were aware and supported her decision. Maybe not knowing where she was going to go to commit suicide, but still knew that was her choice. (Or they didn't know she was going to commit suicide, they just knew she wasn't coming back.)

I feel she chose the cemetary for seclusion, (not to be found.) She mostlikely went there after dark or dusk. Who is going to be walking around a cemetary at night? The DNR bracelet, in my belief was for the purpose of incase someone stumbled upon her before she was deceased. This was her communication "Don't save me"

This was a self deliverance suicide. That is what it is referred to. This was definately a planned event, she researched it thoroughly.

With the medic alert, is there any particular reasons someone would have "DNR"? Why does one usually have that on a medic alert? Sorry I don't know anything about this.

Looza juices and nectars have been sold in Giant Food grocery stores for as long as I can remember, so unfortunately I don't think that will give us much to go on. I wonder if she was from the area, and came back from wherever she was living in order to die? She doesn't seem homeless. If she was living with someone, they most likely would have been looking for her. Unless she told them she was moving out, but the disposal of all of her stuff would have garnered some attention, surely? There would have been an autopsy done - a death investigation is mandated in case of suicide in the Commonwealth of Virginia and it would have gone to the Fairfax district medical examiner. I think that if she was ill they would have released the info since it does sound like they ruled suicide. Maybe she had financial problems? Of course we could speculate forever but major depression has a strange effect on a person's thinking.

Coco, DNR means "do not resuscitate." It means that they do not want anyone to perform CPR or to be hooked up to any machines that will prolong their life. You usually only see this instruction if the person has an incurable disease, such as an organic dementia like Alzheimers disease, or a fatal cancer.

I read somewhere there was an autopsy done only to find "the cause of death" I think it was valium.

There is a Giant Food Store very close to the cemetery where she was found at. I wonder if it carried the Looza brand juice at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01