VA - Boy, 6, in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #3

The article is pretty detailed and gives info on the child’s mother having a relationship with the father and another woman having a relationship with him. They both allege attacks from him. I would copy the article and send it to you in messages but that is not an option on your profile. IMO.

“The woman told police that she asked Ellison to leave after she found out he was sleeping with his son’s mother in her home while she was gone. She told police Ellison held a gun to the back of her head and said he would kill her before leaving the apartment on Sojourner Court in a red Chrysler, court records state.”

Oh my. I guess add not doing background checks for adults in classrooms for NNPS (since previous docs said father at times would accompany child to class).
My thought exactly. Our schools scan our drivers license. Nope, can't enter a VA Public School with DV or gun charge. Wonder if the father attended? He failed to appear on charges in 2023.

The facts don' t seem to match the story the mothers attorney portrayed
Moo...

The big question where was child protective services? Did no one report these many incidents? LE and schools are mandated reporters in Virginia.

Did the school know the history?

Lots of unanswered questions. I hope this does go to trial, I feel there is much more to discover.

Did the father attend the school? Likely not. He has 28 charges in various counties. Seems he's now a fugitive, several capias for no show.
Moo...

The big question where was child protective services? Did no one report these many incidents? LE and schools are mandated reporters in Virginia.

Did the school know the history?

Lots of unanswered questions. I hope this does go to trial, I feel there is much more to discover.

Did the father attend the school? Likely not. He has 28 charges in various counties. Seems he's now a fugitive, several capias for no show.
Moo...
Bbm.
Agreed.
Esp. the bolded !

If she was living with the mother after the shooting, why was she meeting her mother, grandfather and attorney at the doughnut shop, before court? Tells me she was spending the night elsewhere and taking sleeping pills.moo

But Taylor failed to meet Ellenson and her mother and grandfather at the preplanned meeting spot — a Dunkin Donuts on Washington Avenue — at 9:45 a.m.

Ellenson called Sheriff Gabe Morgan at about 10:20 a.m. to notify him of the problem.

Morgan urged the family to find Taylor or he would “do what he had to do” to track her down. Taylor’s mother, grandfather and Ellenson left the Dunkin Donuts at 10:30 a.m. — with the mother in tears at the plan falling through.

But Taylor called her mother at 10:54 a.m. to say she had overslept. Ellenson said she took several sleeping pills Wednesday night because she was anxious and couldn’t sleep — then ended up oversleeping Thursday morning as a result.

“I think she’s just really scared,” the attorney said. “She’s never been arrested, and she’s just really scared.”

After the Richneck shooting, ATF agents executed a search warrant on Jan. 19 at the Newport News home Taylor and her son lived in with her grandfather.

Though Taylor had moved out Jan. 6 to go to live with her mother,
police found suspected weed and narcotics packaging in Taylor’s bedroom at her grandfather’s place.

The grandfather also gave investigators trash bags with items he removed from Taylor’s car when it broke down weeks earlier. Aside from the gun barrel lock, that also include a box of ammunition and “a jar of suspected marijuana.”

Last edited:
because being shot doesn't fit with everyday accidents, if she took the comp so could not sue for the money she deserves.
That's my layman's understanding of it.
Worker's comp wouldn't pay for her surgery, time off, or the fact she is wounded and it impact her entire life. She'll need therapy to deal with PTSD issues after being shot point-blank by a child! I wouldn't be able to return to teaching I'd have serious trust issues after that.
That completely makes sense.

“The woman told police that she asked Ellison to leave after she found out he was sleeping with his son’s mother in her home while she was gone. She told police Ellison held a gun to the back of her head and said he would kill her before leaving the apartment on Sojourner Court in a red Chrysler, court records state.”

Ms. Taylor has deplorable taste in men, and is messy in her personal affairs. Got it. Not surprised.

I don't know how common the names Deja and Malik are, but oddly enough, on the show This Is Us, there was a young couple named, Deja (Randall's adopted daughter) and Malik. :oops:

If the father did attend school with the boy, could the classmates' parents file a lawsuit against the district for allowing that to happen?

I wonder if the school figured he would just be with HIS child in the school, rather than teaching others, that they could get away with it (IF they knew his history and IF he actually attended school with his son - I kinda doubt he did IMO)

Hearing about what these parents were like makes me feel extra bad for Abby Zwerner being stuck with them in a classroom all day!
Ita !
What is truly frightening is if AZ or any other teacher wished to attempt to reprimand the boy's behavior -- but with the parent there, they may have been hesitant to do anything ?

Now I wonder, because imho I am a nosy old lady, just wondering you know, iirc it has been reported in MSM that Ms. Taylor has struggled with depression over repeated miscarriages?

I wonder, if there is a protection order of some sort between Ms. Taylor and Mr. Ellison, as reported in MSM, um, who is the other adult involved in these miscarriages?

Just pondering....

Last edited:
Ellison is the father, Ellenson is one of the attorneys.

Also, I believe the article referenced Deja and Malik dealing with stops by police WHILE there was a protective order.

*My opinions

Hearing about what these parents were like makes me feel extra bad for Abby Zwerner being stuck with them in a classroom all day!
This is why I continue to question why this child was placed in AZ's classroom. Was it because Ms. Zwerner had the least seniority among the first-grade teachers? Or, was she given this challenging student because school administration didn't like her? JMO

This is why I continue to question why this child was placed in AZ's classroom. Was it because Ms. Zwerner had the least seniority among the first-grade teachers? Or, was she given this challenging student because school administration didn't like her? JMO
Exactly.
I've also wondered if the parents of this boy knew someone in the school admin. ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWitheringRosex
Back