VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the poem!:blowkiss:
I still have trouble understanding how any one on this earth can be found dead,and anyone not officially report them missing and they continue to remain unidentified!

Unfortunately Coldcaselady, I do understand how it can happen. When parents decide to go the "tough love" route and cut a child from their lives until the child is willing to live the way they deem appropriate, this happens. :(

love the poem!:blowkiss:
I still have trouble understanding how any one on this earth can be found dead,and anyone not officially report them missing and they continue to remain unidentified!

Even when they're reported files can be lost and other things - like the fact that there isn't a good networking system to facilitate matches - prevents/delays identification.

LE around the world should have a data base,kinda like interpol that allows missing persons from everywhere to be listed on the one site.It would also be a base check when remains or bodies are found,using vital statistics and characteristics of the missing person,they could find a match much quicker!

There is a recent, detailed article about Jason Doe and the efforts of Bill Sammons to find him, published October 15, 2007. "Man Looks For Clues To Jason 'Doe'" by Bryan McKenzie, www.dailyprogress.com, Charlottesville, VA.

Has anyone tried to contact any members of the Grateful Dead to see if they would help publicize this case? They would have the most pull from interested fans.

Grateful Dead's official website is www.dead.net. On June 13, 2007, "tamms" posted a message on their forum, looking for information about Jason. Over the years, there has been some discussion on the various fan sites.

I just ran across a post on a Grateful Dead forum dated January 2, 2007. The poster says that Jason looks like a young man who used to hang out with him while touring with the Dead around '93 and '94. The guy's name was Buddy Hoffman and was last known to be living with his parents in Plymouth Meeting, PA.

and again, it could be a case of a kid falling through the cracks in the foster care system. his foster parents could be dead, or maybe they realized he didn't turn out to be the kid they wanted him to be.. or they had a falling out for whatever reason.. they could have lost interest and were relieved when he ran away. also, i have heard of cases where couples (who thought they couldn't have children) adopted a kid, and then the woman became pregnant and they had kids of their own.. and then became disinterested or even resentful of the adopted kid. perhaps if there were siblings, they might have been told that 'your brother was adopted by another family', or whatever.
he may have had no friends or family (thru the foster parents) who cared or remembered.. and may have just become a drifter who preferred loose relationships, not getting to know anone too closely. which is why he was attracted to that lifestyle.
also, if that is really 'buddy hoffman', then he probably has a real first name and 'buddy' is his nickname.

i did not know there was a forum for him, i have been interested in this one for quite awhile, was even trying to add everyone i could find named caroline to my friends list on my myspace Just incase one of the carolines saw it and would remember, im curious as to why they didnt track down the phone number, just because it didnt have an area code, if the authorities wanted to ,they could have found out. even if someone had the number now im sure they could still track it down and trace to who it belonged to in 95'

IDK maybe it was a fake phone #, you how us girls can be, oooooo just give him a fake number so they will quit asking for the digits LOL

reply to phenolred LOL yes, i must admit i have done that before

Good work, Heidi. However, the fellow who said it looked like Buddy said that Buddy was living with his parents in 1993 or '94.

oooh ok, lol, nevermind then. I did find an unidentified though he could possibly be the missing hoffman. I'd have to do a little more research though.

I found this message posted for people looking for lost realitives....

Jason Robert Swindle City: Camarillo 5'8'' tall. Brown hair and eyes. About 175lbs. Pierced ear, may have pierced tongue.

Thinking about this again.....so I am reposting, I don't believe I saw a response to this....sorry to jump in and out of this case as I have been, so much going on!

Wow. the younger picture does have some resemblance.

NOTE...I am working on more than one case where the Doe network has had incorrect info.....one inparticular DOE said there were dentals available, and there were NOT. They may have the eye color wrong...look at the pic of the boy, the 1st pic, the eyes DO NOT LOOK BLUE to me.....just a thought...maybe this needs to be looked into???

GDdoe.jpg
DMansell.jpg
I never heard back from Trying2ID...and to be honest, I hate to admit it, I had forgotton about this case for a couple of weeks.....anything new?

What about this potential match?? Has it ever been submitted? I was going to do it, but I forgot, I'm sorry, I am horrible! I think I was waiting on a response from Trying2ID. I also messaged the myspace page w/no response.

I know a couple of submissions have been made, but is this one, should it be?

I am double quoting myself, hoping for input, I'm not afraid to jump up and down! ;)

Did I miss where this guy had been ruled out?

Sad to say, this one got lost in the shuffle for me, as many do, certianly not purposefully! :blushing: :blushing:

I do beleive that boy has been ruled out but I cant find it right now but I remember him and I think he was.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann