VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been tried yet, because this is a long thread, and it's already late for me, but I emailed the person who runs the Rainbow Family website and asked him if he would put his information on there. A lot of people who were on the road back then still visit that site.

I have got response from the investigators regarding a possible match between the guy who disappeared in January 1995 and "the grateful dead fan". At this moment I think it´s the best not to give the name of the guy. I have already understand that they not thought that it was the best thing to do when I post the photo in this way, but they have been nice and let me know that they seriously see this as a possible positive match. As I aprehend of their questions, there are more authorities involved in this case. We´ll se what happends next.

Hi Lizza, Do you have any new information yet?

How about Benjamin Richard Cannon. He's Doe Network no. 1691 DMNE. He was last seen in Omaha, NE in March 1995, but wasn't reported missing until May 2004. He was 20 years old in 1995. Benjamin was involved with the Rainbow Family.

How about Benjamin Richard Cannon. He's Doe Network no. 1691 DMNE. He was last seen in Omaha, NE in March 1995, but wasn't reported missing until May 2004. He was 20 years old in 1995. Benjamin was involved with the Rainbow Family.

Project Jason listed as source info on the website, why not pop over there becaues IIRC she has Greatful Dead Fan listed also, she (Kelly) may know if they have been compared.

OMG, has this guy been considered???

JSimmons.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jack Jason Simmons aka: Red Simmons, Jack Jason Red, Jason Simmons[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MISSING SINCE: 4/14/1994[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOB: 11/5/1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AGE: 24 (at time missing)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HEIGHT: 6' 0" [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WEIGHT: 150 lbs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAIR: Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EYES: Blue[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RACE: White [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTACT: Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office (801) 743-7000[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Endangered Missing Adult- Jack was reported missing from Utah on April 14, 1994. His family believes he met with foul play. He has a scar on his Right arm and has long red hair. If you have seen Jack or have information about his disappearance, please contact the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office at (801) 743-7000.[/FONT]

Link to site: http://bci.utah.gov/MPC/MPCMissing.html#Note

Charlie Project Link: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/simmons_jack.html (another pic at link)

Nevermind, upon reading more of this thread, I see he was already ruled out.

It has been quite awhile since I last posted on "Jason", but I have never stopped thinking about him. I came across this...http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=747878&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
and thought that it could be something. Wondering if he has been ruled out?

The chins look similar to me and the time difference would allow time for his hair to grow long. Eyes and eyebrows look different to me but with reconstructions it is really hard to get it perfect.

I think any possible match should be submitted.

OMG, has this guy been considered???

JSimmons.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jack Jason Simmons aka: Red Simmons, Jack Jason Red, Jason Simmons[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MISSING SINCE: 4/14/1994[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOB: 11/5/1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AGE: 24 (at time missing)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HEIGHT: 6' 0" [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WEIGHT: 150 lbs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAIR: Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EYES: Blue[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RACE: White [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTACT: Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office (801) 743-7000[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Endangered Missing Adult- Jack was reported missing from Utah on April 14, 1994. His family believes he met with foul play. He has a scar on his Right arm and has long red hair. If you have seen Jack or have information about his disappearance, please contact the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office at (801) 743-7000.[/FONT]

Link to site: http://bci.utah.gov/MPC/MPCMissing.html#Note

Charlie Project Link: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/simmons_jack.html (another pic at link)

Nevermind, upon reading more of this thread, I see he was already ruled out.

Someone posted before that Jack had been ruled out as a match. I think alot of people thought this was "Jason". Although no one ever said how he was ruled out. Im guessing a DNA match. I don't think dental records would have worked, since there was so much damage in the accident. But I don't know.

A while back somebody mentioned that maybe he was from Europe - does anyone knows if this has been checked out?

Jack Jason Simmons has definitely been ruled out long ago. Apparently our Virginia Doe had perfect teeth.
Mark Seelman from New York does bear a resemblance to the victim. However, the tattoo isn't the same. Our fellow had a star.

I think the accident happened about 175 miles south of Falls Church, in Emporia, VA.

Such a shame that he has never been identified.

I did some research on the phone number and found that the prefix is of Falls Church,VA. Is that near where he was killed?

I remember reading somewhere that there were multiple area codes with that prefix, and that they were all called- with no luck.

If i don't forget, I'll try looking up the phone number when I get home. I actually have a 1995 Edition of PhoneDisc...

If i don't forget, I'll try looking up the phone number when I get home. I actually have a 1995 Edition of PhoneDisc...

That will be very interesting to see the results ! I'm not sure when they tried to trace the phone number, but I'm glad you're willing to check it against your 1995 edition !! Thanks !!

Ummm, does anyone have the complete phone number?:waitasec:

Falls Church is nowhere near the accident scene, but is not far from the stadium where he attended the concert. Most likely, he had no connection to the area around the accident scene because he was apparently hitchhiking and they were just passing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member