VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Buffetoflies! Color me optimistic but, I have a good feeling about this lead as far as her being the link to ID'ing JD...I just hope she gets the message!

On a side note I posted a message on Zaba Search looking for the Carolines.

Oh you guys - Yea! to both of you!

I'm hoping you hear something back buffetoflies soon!

And gumdrop, thank you for posting a message to Zaba. I have been thinking about doing the same. Something along the lines of "we have found a Jason, but don't have his full name, could this be the Jason you are looking for?" kinda thing. Something not too strong because I hate to alarm folks, but something to get folks looking at his poster.

I just haven't done it because I need to set up one of those anonymous emails first and I'm not sure how. :)

Salem

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :banghead:

I'm 99.9% sure the person I was inquiring is not our jason.

I decided to see if maryland has court case info online for free and they do.

I put the jason name from the posting into the court case search and the full name and birthday came up with recent cases. Not the right dude. Drat.

Bummer...could he have the same name? Is it common?

The fact that no possessions were found does not mean they don't exist. Things can be thrown very far in crashes and if the area was densely wooded it's not impossible it could have been missed. After all this time and all things considered maybe little would remain but, what if...? Does anyone know exactly where the crash site is? What side of the road, near what mile marker? I wonder where the van is?

No, it's not nearly common enough for 2 people to have the exact same full name and birth date in a specific city. Little confused about his race which is listed as "WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB", but some places have his hair listed as brown so... maybe he was just a very pale arab/indian? Height 5'4" weight 235.

What would be really nice though, is if marylands court cases were listed farther back than just 5 years. Their page lets you put in just first name I think, so if the database went back 20 years you could just put his first name in and see if any jasons stopped breaking the law after 1995. But it's not like that. Minnesota has records going back into the early 80's but first and last name is required.

I think, if a car crashed in a densely wooded area objects wouldn't go as far because there would be trees/brush blocking it.

Crash site was Route 58 three miles west of Emporia.

I'm heartened to see so many people care about getting this guy home. I stumbled upon his profile on the doenetwork in 2002 and it has haunted me since. It is so sad to think that nobody is looking for him. If the age is correct, it is likely that his family/friends wrote him off as a burnout addict on the Dead tour, dropped out of society. What is the consensus that the family is aware and has not claimed him?

FWIW, the lady I emailed replied. She wrote: Thank you for your concern, but no this is not my brother,
thank you, K

FWIW, I posted a thread at my single parents forum with a link to Jasons Doenetwork page and a link to the forum here at WS. This SP forum has appx 7000 members. Maybe someone knows a Jason that went missing in 95 and just thought he chose not to come home.

If nothing else, it is getting this story to people who may not be checking missing person sites or crime forums such as WS.

Hi! I have been lurking on this forum for what seems to be about 2 days and I have read everything I could about this case.

I was thinking about something last night that no one has mentioned before (not what I've seen anyway). I know this is my first post so go easy on me!

Has anyone ever thought to look into the abandoned cars in the area? I know that LE has to document the cars and tag them if they're not claimed within a certain amount of time. I read that someone at the concert (or a concert) had met a boy named Jason who had a toolbox that they were suppose to pick up but never showed. It makes me think that JD maybe had a vehicle of some sort, and maybe it broke down and had to be fixed. Maybe he just abandoned it and decided to go to where he was going. I am really convinced that JD had to have had a place of residence or some kind of property like a car that he stayed in and kept his personal belongings in. It is just really strange to me that someone who hitch hikes around wouldn't have any sort of bag or identification.

Was the van searched that crashed? I don't remember reading that LE ever found anything inside.

Just a thought...

And good thoughts they are missy g! Welcome to Jason's forum.

The abandoned car theory has come up previously but I don't think it has ever been followed up on. I'm not sure how long abandoned auto records are kept or how to even get that information.

I think if you had a specific car, it would be possible to trace it back. But I don't know how you would trace back an unknown car. You would have to be able to do some kind of search for all vehicles abandoned in the vicinity of the concert. The search should probably cover a 2 to 3 month period because some abandoned cars are not noticed right away. Once you got the results, then you would have to check every car to see who originally owned it.

Not impossible, just don't know how to get that kind of info from the state. Do you? If you do we would greatly appreciate it :)

Salem

Probably the only way to get the info from the state would be to call and ask. Maybe if I get a chance I'll do it. I'm just not very good with talking on the phone...

I get really sad everytime I think of this case. I just don't understand. They said that his teeth were in very good condition. I take this to mean that he was taken care of, meaning he went to the dentist. So someone spent money on him. So where are they now. Did they ever try to look for him. I also wonder about the Id. What happened to it? Did someone steal it after the acciden? It's been too long. Sometimes I think we'll never figure out who he is.

I sent an email to the Dept of Public Works in Washington DC. It appears they are the ones that handle abandoned vehicles. I asked if they kept records going back to 1995.

Not sure I'll get a response, but it was worth a shot!

Salem

I sent an email to the Dept of Public Works in Washington DC. It appears they are the ones that handle abandoned vehicles. I asked if they kept records going back to 1995.

Not sure I'll get a response, but it was worth a shot!

Salem

Have you heard anything yet?

Have you heard anything yet?

I did hear back. They gave me a phone number to call but I have to have the VIN (vehicle identification number). Of course, I don't have that because we don't even know if a car was abandoned.

I'm still thinking about this. If I can get someone friendly on the phone I may try to continue to follow up.

Salem

The theory that Jason ditched a car along the way is an interesting one. Though if he had his own car, I think he would have had a driver license on him. I suppose it is possible that he was driving illegally, but he'd have been taking one hell of a chance in doing so, especially if he was on a long road trip. If he were stopped for any reason, the car would be towed and he would be stuck where he was. Of course, that could explain why he hitchhiked, couldn't it?

and of course, his wallet could have been lost or stolen before the fatal accident, too. We just can't know.

Have you all looked into posting on jambands.com or something similar? People who were once Deadheads might listen to Phish, Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident and other similar bands these days.

Not sure how long this will be available on youtube, but the bulletin from Unsolved Mysteries featuring Jason is there for viewing. In it, they show the actual note, though the phone number is blurred out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPIYKcW8xgE

I have it saved to my computer, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves