VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next email to her: Hello Ms Williams-Amado and thank you for your quick response. I am confused about a few things. When I go to Namus and look for people last known to be alive in Virginia, he is not there. Do I need to have some sort of special access to see him? Also, I have never seen a photo of him, only sketches and reconstructions. Do you have a photo- that would be a big help in comparing him to missing people. A sketch just cannot do someone justice, you know? Thank you for taking the time to help me and please, if you have a photo of "Grateful Doe", I would love to see it. Thank you so much...Maureen
And her response:Sorry about all of the confusion, but do the anniversary of the case our office has pulled it to make sure that all of the information is updated. He is currently still listed with the national center for missing and exploited children http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=400037&orgPrefix=NCMU&searchLang=en_US When he is placed back into namus.gov he will be under decedents and can be accessed through searching for unknown decedents. Do not put a last seen alive date, as we do not know that information. The updates should be completed within the next week or so. If there are any other questions, please feel free to email me at sandra.williams@vdh.virigni.gov

Great job Maureen! So we should check Namus again around the 23rd of Oct. That would be 10 days. Maybe we should give them a few more days? At least 10 working days. BUT he should be back on Namus by the end of this month.

What did she mean by the anniversary date? He was found in June. Does it really take 3 full months, plus some, to check that information is up to date?

Law Enforcement needs more help - its no wonder we can't find anyone.... frustrating.

Salem

Hi Salem I was just on Namus and they have completely changed the site. There are a lot more missing people from VA now and the way you search is different. I haven't found him yet. Maybe it is the anniversary of Namus and that is why they redid it and what she meant by anniversary??? Your guess is as good as mine....:waitasec:

He's there now! Search for Male, white and VA and he'll show up. No new info though. The only pic is the reconstruction. Maybe someone can message them again and ask if they will put up the real picture?

I believe this guy is from Baltimore, and I believe someone in his family knows of his death.

I spoke with a former authority on this case who said they believe they received a call from a family member. Shortly after he died. Asking how he died. Which was very odd, because it was published about the car accident. They also asked what would happen if you did not pick up a relative.

Also, saw a post on an missing person search board, like 4-5 years ago, of a woman searching for her brother 'Jason,' who she hadn't seen in close to a decade. From Baltimore. The physical description matched this Jason. Sent the information to the police department, who said they were going to look into it.

Do you remember which missing persons board? That post is most likely still floating out in cyberspace somewhere.

ETA: nvm, I found it. For anyone else that is interested: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://hollywoodnetwork.com/hn/mpc/ click on a date, then on MPC mailroom, after that pick an archive. IF you don't wait for the pages to finish loading before clicking on an archive it will go to a useless page. You must wait for the page to load fully. Or at least *I* must.

After october of 2004 the bulletin board is shut down and the dates after that go to a different site.

I checked archives 44-62 because of this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male died 26 June 1995 in Virginia but didn't come up with anything.

I ctrl + F'ed for JASON, jason, and Jason.

I believe this guy is from Baltimore, and I believe someone in his family knows of his death.

I spoke with a former authority on this case who said they believe they received a call from a family member. Shortly after he died. Asking how he died. Which was very odd, because it was published about the car accident. They also asked what would happen if you did not pick up a relative.

Also, saw a post on an missing person search board, like 4-5 years ago, of a woman searching for her brother 'Jason,' who she hadn't seen in close to a decade. From Baltimore. The physical description matched this Jason. Sent the information to the police department, who said they were going to look into it.

When did you send the info to the Marryland LE? Did you ever hear anything back? Do you remember who you talked to at LE Office?

TIA,

Salem

Do you remember which missing persons board? That post is most likely still floating out in cyberspace somewhere.

ETA: nvm, I found it. For anyone else that is interested: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://hollywoodnetwork.com/hn/mpc/ click on a date, then on MPC mailroom, after that pick an archive. IF you don't wait for the pages to finish loading before clicking on an archive it will go to a useless page. You must wait for the page to load fully. Or at least *I* must.

After october of 2004 the bulletin board is shut down and the dates after that go to a different site.

I checked archives 44-62 because of this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male died 26 June 1995 in Virginia but didn't come up with anything.

What a great site! I don't have the energy to spend a lot of time searching at the moment - but I will in the future.

Salem

I still have the post. It was sent to VA LE. Tried to give it to another authority, but they were the one that told me, "Some people out there are bad people," and told me about the mysterious call.

Can you post the wording of that post here? I am guessing the lady didn't include contact info for herself.

O/T: I just came across a posting in archive 68 about Jason Jolkowski, which is a more well known missing persons case.

I wonder why the shut down the list?

Can you post the wording of that post here? I am guessing the lady didn't include contact info for herself.

O/T: I just came across a posting in archive 68 about Jason Jolkowski, which is a more well known missing persons case.

I wonder why the shut down the list?

It's not in the archives, I checked (was a couple months missing in the year it was posted)

I will email it to you, marylandmissing@yahoo.com, but would prefer not to post it here. I try to avoid LEA being contacted about the same thing, over and over, if possible (I am aware several others have sent the same posting to them).

Hey, has anyone tried searching through Jasons in zabasearch? I thought someone here did.

Anyway, I checked and there were a couple of people looking for Jasons that sounded like they were family members who hadn't seen the Jason they were looking for in years.

(like this one: To: JASON O. TAYLOR
JASON, I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND, FIND YOU FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE FOUND YOU RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARE MY SON JASON WHO HAS A BROTHER NAME STEVEN THEN CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING ALRIGHT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME STAY HERE WITH ME. LOVE ALWAYS MARY 772 460-2185.)

I know that Tawni Mazzone's aunt posted a message in zabasearch--maybe JD's relatives did too?

I'm sure there'd be a lot, but maybe if we split them up--not all of the messages will qualify, if it's just someone looking for Jason Whoever who went to school with them. We'd need a message from a family member.

I did some digging and found that Mary is also looking for her father whom she describes as a black man...I doubt this JD is her son.

namus now has rule outs listed for this guy.

lindsay Baker
Mark Himebaugh
Richard Hitchcock
Charles McNeely
Thomas Mullen
Gordon Page
Aron Silverman
Jack Simmons
David Tuzo

On a side note, if anyone else emailed MM for the posting about Jason, have you been thinking about sending an email the address included? I've checked and it seems the address is valid, and there is a facebook account registered with it. Don't know if it is an active account though. It'd be sooo easy just to pop off a email about this forum to that person. If it comes back as unsendable that's fine, but if it were to go through and the person who posted the message 9 years ago sees it and stops by we'd have either another rule out or a match.

Butterflies - are you comfortable doing that? Let me know. It is worth a shot, I think.

Salem

I don't feel it's my 'place' to do so. I was hinting at some else doing it! :)

I don't feel it's my 'place' to do so. I was hinting at some else doing it! :)

I did not get the email message from marylandmissing. I could email her. Let me think about it over the weekend. I have a couple of fish in the frying pan. The other thing I was thinking was emailing some of those folks looking for Jasons on Zaba or maybe even putting up my own post with Jason Doe's poster or something like that?

I have to figure out how to give myself an email that doesn't identify me first. I know I can use hotmail or gmail and set up an account, but how do I check for messages? Is that just automatic?

Salem

I don't know what you mean by automatic. I've always logged in to check. If you have the equivalent instant messenger you can set it up so you log into that when you connect to the internet and it'll show a message whether or not you have any new emails.

As for the email, this is my 50th post here, so I think I can send and receive private messages now.

So....

I got a little bored and decided to write a rough draft of a letter too the poster of the message looking for her brother... this is what I've got:

subject line: Regarding Jason Lastname

body:
Several years ago someone who is a member of a website called Websleuths stumbled across a posting you (or someone else using this email address) made on a site called The Missing Persons CyberCenter. In this posting you were looking for your half-brother 'jason' who you lost contact with in 1995, and at the time was living in Baltimore, MD.

I am writing you to check if you have had contact with him since that time. If not, members of the above mentioned site have been trying to find out the identity of a man who was killed in an automobile accident near the end of June 1995. The man had a note in his pocket which read 'To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T.'. He also had two ticket stubs from the Grateful Dead concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. on June 25, 1995.

The following websites provides more information into the case, including a computer reconstructed image of what this man might have looked like. Please give it a look.

National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database: https://identifyus.org/cases/6095
Unidentified Persons Page: http://doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html

----

I feel like I should put something about how I hope for her to find out what happened but I don't know if she found him again and don't know how to word it.

I think this is very good and am glad you provided links to Jason's information. You may also want to provide a link to this forum here at WS.

I made some recommendations in Red. You may reject them all - its okay. Like you I am having trouble coming up with a closing. Let me go back and read some of the other messages I have sent to see if I can come up with something sensitive.

Again, just my opinion. AND thank you for reaching out buffetoflies!

Salem

So....

I got a little bored and decided to write a rough draft of a letter too the poster of the message looking for her brother... this is what I've got:

subject line: Regarding Jason Lastname

body:
Several years ago someone who is a member of a website called Websleuths stumbled across a posting you (or someone else using this email address) made on a site called The Missing Persons CyberCenter. In this posting you were looking for your half-brother 'jason' who you lost contact with in 1995, and at the time was living in Baltimore, MD.

I am a member of a group of internet sleuths that works to find the names of the many unidentified in an effort to give the person their name back and help to bring closure to families that have lost love ones.

Your message caught my eye and I am wondering if you have found your brother. The group I work with has been trying to identity a man who was in a fatal automobile accident near the end of June 1995. The man had a note in his pocket which read 'To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T.' He also had two ticket stubs from the Grateful Dead concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. on June 25, 1995.

The following websites provide more information into the case, including a computer reconstructed image of what this man might have looked like. If your brother is still missing, would you please take a look at the following websites and see if Jason has any resemblance to your brother?

National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database: https://identifyus.org/cases/6095
Unidentified Persons Page: http://doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html

----

I feel like I should put something about how I hope for her to find out what happened but I don't know if she found him again and don't know how to word it.

Message has been sent. All your suggestions were excellent and were added in. Changed the wording of part of a sentence, and added a link to the grateful doe subforum here.

Now I just need to restrain myself from checking my mail 10 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde