VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may be the judge wanting to let her staff go home and get some probably much needed rest.
no not the judge...she said they could stay into the evening...she said she "does not provide dinner" but within reason she was fine with them staying. This was their choice. They clearly need more time.

I do want the jurors to take time to do their job correctly. All the time they need to review the evidence presented.

I don't want any chance for a mistrial because someone wants to claim they were not doing a proper review and deliberation, for whatever reason.

I can wait the 3 day weekend out.

I feel sorry for JD having to wait, but I think he is sanguine about the whole thing. He's probably relieved he doesn't have to have another day to avoid looking at her, at least until the jury returns. He can always jet away for a quick holiday, even on his island.

I don't fee sorry for AH one bit, and I would want her to stew and twist over her fate.
now that the verdict is not today I think all parties scattered for the long weekend. Not sure that JD or AH will be there for verdict...apparently that is not required.

I was just reviewing some moments from the trial and found this 2 minute clip of Ben Chew from earlier in the week. He is such a great lawyer. As I watched the trial, I started to get the impression that he was utterly and sincerely horrified and shocked with Amber's behavior on the tapes, in the videos, on the stand, things that he knows happened that did not make it into the record, etc...it almost seemed like maybe has has never dealt with such a sociopathic personality. Many of us here have seen this type of personality in other cases, but I wonder if he never really had.

AH reminds me very much of Jodi Arias. And you know how scary that is. I agree with whoever posted here before, that JD is lucky to be alive. Thank God he got away from her before it went that far.

nd

he said this in his summation- early on- because if there is even one instance of JD abusing AH- verbally, mentally, physically or through destruction of property in a menacing way- she has her defense to defamation. people seem to think that the trial is a popularity contest- if the jury follows the law, AH cannot lose. CV keeps saying that if there is even one falsehood in AH's statements, all her testimony is false but that is not what the law says.

Watch Live: Attorneys for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard give ...

https://www.cbsnews.com › live-updates › johnny-depp...

10 hours ago — In Heard's closing, Rottenborn said the nitpicking over Heard's evidence of abuse ignores the fact there's overwhelming evidence on her behalf ...

"Keep in mind that abuse and domestic violence do not have to be only physical. Abuse can be verbal (spoken), emotional, or psychological. You do not have to be physically hit to be abused. Often, abuse takes many forms, and abusers use a combination of tactics to control and have power over the person being abused. Read more about Domestic ViolenceExternal link icon."Understanding Abuse & Harassment Laws - abuse_selfhelp
Not true. She accused him of Sexual Abuse in the tweet she published.

So, isn't EB admitting they exaggerated and pretended the damages were much worse than they legally claimed they were?

Isn't that one of the main allegations against Amber Heard---that she exaggerates and pretends to be damaged much more than is true?
1. attys always start out asking for more because during negotiation, you
will be offered less than your demand, pretty much never more...IMO
2. AH's attys might have originally asked for 2x what JD filed suit for in the hope of not going to court- discouraging JD who probably has more to lose, IMO
3. EB is originally from MN and is the exact opposite of AH AND JD. She is not flashy; not a jokster; not sharp and pushy like CV; she may even be religious and she possibly decided to appear humble to the jury, IMO, and said "award whatever you think is appropriate" IMO

Not true. She accused him of Sexual Abuse in the tweet she published.
so you are saying that the tweet goes beyond the Op Ed? I thought the case was based on alleged defamation from the Op Ed...

so you are saying that the tweet goes beyond the Op Ed? I thought the case was based on alleged defamation from the Op Ed...
She "published" the tweet. She added a sentence or two then tweeted the article out. The article online (and in the tweet) specifically said sexual abuse.

I wish I could find the jury instructions. There are 3 statements that they are suing on. One is the sexual abuse one.

******Jury form not instructions

Last edited:
LOL - no idea but he seemed a little tired, unlike AH and EB who seemed to giggle and smirk like schoolgirls.
What caught my attention was when I was watching the closing arguments by CV, he kept looking behind him, back over his shoulder, and he was blinking a lot. Something seemed off, and I wondered what he was looking at.
I guess I always assume I’m missing something too. Maybe because I’ve missed so much of the trial and need someone to help me fill in the blanks. Lol. I’m going to try and watch some of what I’ve missed over the weekend.
I really appreciate everyone’s help in catching me up! :)

So he was the one who objected to his own question. Any idea what’s going on at the time this was taken?

View attachment 346504
I haven’t watched this clip (finishing dinner) but I do believe he is the one who objected to his own hearsay. It was so funny the way he sternly said Hearsay to then realize it was his own:D:D:D

I didn’t either. I think when people found out what he has been through it resonated. Simultaneously seeing her behavior in court was eye opening. It drew alot of curios attention as to what really happened.

I must say, that I was so unprepared for the behavioral aspects of AH. I had no idea who she was, only an ex-wife. My alarms were immediately set off when I heard her on audio. I was hooked. This woman was just like a few creatures I have known in my life. My sympathy for JD was triggered big time. Again, he is no saint, but he has lived in hell. MOO

AH reminds me very much of Jodi Arias. And you know how scary that is. I agree with whoever posted here before, that JD is lucky to be alive. Thank God he got away from her before it went that far.
I agree! It seems she thinks the way to settle an argument is to literally fight it out. She would hunt him to destruction if he hadn't gotten away.

The mocking him about being punched and who would ever believe him...that's all abuser speak. If he had said those exact words to her people would not question the abusive tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57