Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the phone reception was bad inside the arena or she couldn't hear, and she went outside to make a phone call

Dont throw tomatoes, but Metallica is a pretty heavy metal band, and the shirt she had on "Pantera" is a VERY heavy metal band. My brother lives in Chalottesville, and it is beautiful, but certain places are infested with drugs, and many are unemployed. I wonder if she met up with someone who wanted to rob her? I also wonder if she was into drugs at all (ducking) and met someone in the bathroom who had some and led her outside only to be robbed. I have been there many times, and there are urban areas, but also many areas that are no mans land. She was so pretty, just seems like a "ripe for the pickin" type of target. I dont mean to imply everyone who listens to Pantera and metallica are on drugs, but they are both notorious for their wild fans and hard partying. all JMO

According to the article at http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223121, Morgan's roommate knew she went outside the arena.

"Melvin said Harrington went outside before Metallica took the stage. She said she wasn't sure why. "Everyone assumed she'd be coming back," said Amanda Melvin, Amy Melvin's older sister and a friend of Harrington's."

So...if they knew she went outside (around 8:40 pm according to some reports) and assumed she'd return, why did they leave Charlottesville after the concert presumably without calling LE or her family? As I mentioned in a previous post, an arena worker spoke with Morgan around 10 pm, so she was outside for over one hour without her concert friends calling her to see where she was. WTH?!!!

They may have called her phone over and over and when they didnt reach her, decide to leave. She may have met a male outside and the friends assumed she was with him. The friends also may have been under the influence and werent thinking straight, these are young people after all.

Dont throw tomatoes, but Metallica is a pretty heavy metal band, and the shirt she had on "Pantera" is a VERY heavy metal band. My brother lives in Chalottesville, and it is beautiful, but certain places are infested with drugs, and many are unemployed. I wonder if she met up with someone who wanted to rob her? I also wonder if she was into drugs at all (ducking) and met someone in the bathroom who had some and led her outside only to be robbed. I have been there many times, and there are urban areas, but also many areas that are no mans land. She was so pretty, just seems like a "ripe for the pickin" type of target. I dont mean to imply everyone who listens to Pantera and metallica are on drugs, but they are both notorious for their wild fans and hard partying. all JMO

I've also wondered if perhaps she was high from pot/drugs/alcohol and that made her confused, which is what led to her leaving the arena. Or perhaps using made her vulnerable to criminal activity. Not sayin', just wonderin'.

Hoppy

Parents of missing Virginia Tech student talk to WSLS
Published: October 20, 2009
Updated: October 20, 2009
<snipped>
&#8220;There is a very empty place, a Morgan-shaped place in our hearts as well as our home right now,&#8220; Morgan&#8217;s mother Gil Harington said.

&#8220;She came here to get ready for this concert that she was excited about,&#8221; Gil Harrington said. &#8220;She tried on the three outfits she had whittled it down to, and we made a selection [of which] one was the best.&#8220;

The Harrington&#8217;s say they have spoken with Morgan&#8217;s friends who went with her to see Metallica Saturday night. Her parents still aren&#8217;t sure why she left the concert. They say Morgan&#8217;s friends waited around for her for several hours after the concert before they drove back to Harrisonburg where they were staying.

Hear What A Friend Of Morgan Harrington Has To Say About The Search:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/parents_of_the_missing_vt_student_speak_out/55987/

Video: Parents of missing Virginia Tech student talk to WSLS October 20, 2009 1:59
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/video/detail/302aa766-0f1f-102d-bc4d-001ec92a4a0d/56048/

Article:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/parents_of_the_missing_vt_student_speak_out/55987/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Virginia Tech students use Facebook to try to find Morgan Harrington
Published: October 20, 2009
Updated: October 20, 2009
<snipped>
Thousands have seen she&#8217;s missing through the Facebook site.

&#8220;Last I saw, there was over 8,000 people just really getting a lot of back and forth, saying they&#8217;ll keep an eye open, saying &#8216;Here are some places that definitely might be helpful to check out,&#8217;&#8221; Booker said.

He explains Morgan is an independent woman, but he&#8217;s still upset.
&#8220;I know she can take care of herself, but at the same time, I&#8217;m just really worried about what other influences there might be that could be keeping her from doing that,&#8221; he said.

Booker ends his Facebook status with these words.

&#8220;We just want her found safe.&#8220;

Video: Virginia Tech students use Facebook to try to find Morgan Harrington October 20, 2009 01:40
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/video/detail/708ce878-0f1f-102d-bc4d-001ec92a4a0d/56049/

Article:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...ebook_to_try_to_find_morgan_harrington/55986/

:angel:

but why in the heck would the friends leave without their friend when they couldn't get in touch with her? It is really strange to me... there is something about the friends that we don't yet know, I think

There is a poster on her facebook page who says he worked at the arena and remembers her leaving and trying to re enter. he says that when she tried to re enter, she had her purse with her. FWIW

It appears Morgan left from her home in Roanoke (?) to drive to Harrisonburg which is about 112 miles straight up I-81 and should roughly take 1 hr. & 54 minutes to drive.

She had to bypass I-64 to go to Charlottesville to continue to Staunton which is about another 25 miles.

I don't get why she would drive out of her way to leave her car. If she was going to be leaving her car anywhere, why did she not meet her friends in Staunton - instead of doubling back to get to I-64 and drive the rest of the way.

She could have made it to Charlottesville in the time it would have taken her to get to Harrisonburg.

This reminds me of the Brittanee Drexel case... Friends leave someone behind without accounting for them or notifying her parents...

but why in the heck would the friends leave without their friend when they couldn't get in touch with her? It is really strange to me... there is something about the friends that we don't yet know, I think

Hi nurse - maybe the friends had consumed some drugs/alcohol before/during the concert and that prevented them from calling the police to report she was missing.

when I was in my 20's I went to Charlotte for my birthday with 6 other girls. One of my friends met a guy and separated from us to get to know him better. When it was time to go, we couldnt find her anywhere. we waited in the bar parking lot until 530 am. It never dawned on us to call the police, we were drunk and by that time, just wanted to go home (we had a limo, so no drinking and driving) We called and called her and she didnt answer, we were so stupid looking back, we came home, and the next morning,we found out the guy put her in a cab and sent her home. (an hour away)
I consider myself a pretty street smart person, but looking back, we just didnt THINK. We waited and when the sun started to come up, we left. Maybe Morgans friends thought they wouldnt have anything to tell police as far as description, etc because they didnt see anything. Kids dont always think..

*Much more info included at link!

Police search for missing Va. Tech student, ask for help
October 20, 2009
<snipped>
She had gone to the concert with Amy Melvin, her roommate in Blacksburg, and another friend from James Madison University. Harrington drove.

Melvin said Harrington went outside before Metallica took the stage. She said she wasn't sure why.

"Everyone assumed she'd be coming back," said Amanda Melvin, Amy Melvin's older sister and a friend of Harrington's. Friends and family still haven't heard from Harrington, she said.

Amanda Melvin said Harrington's purse and cell phone were found outside the stadium and her car was still in the parking lot. She said Harrington wouldn't abandon her friends there.

Facebook: "Help find Morgan Dana Harrington"
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&ref=search&sid=666482915.1685764065..1

Video: Virginia Tech student missing
http://hamptonroads.tv/hrtv.php?id=6803155

Article:
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/police-search-missing-va-tech-student-ask-help

:angel:

I had this thought today as I was driving home and our local rock station based in Roanoke was playing a 2-fer of Metallica, and mentioned the concert.

I think the radio station should help out by getting the info out about Morgan's disappearance. They play a lot of Metallica (they used to have a whole block of them one night a week I think), so maybe they should be mentioning it when they play their songs.

Most of the locals who attended the concert likely listen to their station and may recall something they noticed or remember her if they hear it mentioned on air.

The station is 96.3 WROV and if you think this is a good idea, please send an email on their website like I did. Every little bit helps!

http://www.wrov.cc/pages/rovcontact.html

Investigators have been working with the arena yesterday and today viewing what is available on surveillance video.

I hope LE sees something on the video to help solve this case. I can't believe her friend did not know why she left. I think maybe she went outside to meet up with someone and they didn't show or maybe they did. If she went to the car she would have needed her friends car keys. Something is not right here and I think theres more to the story.

Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, second time poster. I live in Charlottesville and have been glued to this case. I don't know if this will answer any questions, but the talk at one of our local dailies is that she left the arena because she was feeling sick. They didn't elaborate on headache, stomachache, etc. Her purse was found in the parking lot of the arena and my understanding is that the phone was in the purse with the battery missing. The police were combing the area around the arena all day , and they even had helicopter searches.

According to local news, her parents are still here in Charlottesville, but I have heard nothing of a command center and the police are still not calling foul play on this one. It is still classified missing person, but clearly her family disagrees. I am really new at this, but I will try to keep everyone posted. Pray for Morgan. This whole thing sounds very wrong to me, and she is so young and attractive.

YES!! And not only that, but why not call and report her missing? From right there at the stadium? No way would I have just left. Something made them not worried apparently.

Something is missing from this story. I don't want a tomater pelting from you guys, but I like metal music; I dont do drugs, so Im not judging, but could there be more to this than Dad knows? Are the friends scared to say something?

HOW COULD THE FRIENDS JUST LEAVE??? AND NOT REPORT HER MISSING? That is just stunning to me.

MOO

Does she smoke? If so, maybe she didn't know about the designated indoor smoking area and went outside.

WHAT MADE HER GO OUTSIDE?

Maybe she thought she had her ticket stub to get back in? IDK.

Does she smoke? If so, maybe she didn't know about the designated indoor smoking area and went outside.

WHAT MADE HER GO OUTSIDE?

Maybe she thought she had her ticket stub to get back in? IDK.

Someone posted that a local in Charlottesville VA said that Morgan went outside because she felt sick. It hasn't been verified, but that's one possible avenue worth looking into. Still, I don't understand why she would've gone ALL the way out of the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic