GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

I still think its very odd that He hasnt been charged with murder and not a clue as to how tina died. Wait till after the holidays? For what?? What difference does that make? Just curious.

LE is in no hurry to charge this guy with ALL he's going to be ultimately tried for. Right now they have enough to hold him behind bars. They know where he is so they now have time to get all their ducks in a row.

We see this often. The additional charges will come in due time.

JMHO
fran

I still think its very odd that He hasnt been charged with murder and not a clue as to how tina died. Wait till after the holidays? For what?? What difference does that make? Just curious.

I wonder the same! People get charged all of the time on a birthday, holiday, etc. Makes no sense.
Do you think JE is putting the blame on Brit'. With her being a minor, it would change things dramatically.
It seems to me if LE was CERTAIN JE killed TS, charges would have been brought at once!
When can we expect an autospy report, does anyone know?
TIA

This conversation comes up in almost every thread I have followed. He is in jail. He is detained, where they can find him at a moments notice. Once they file charges for murder or whatever they hope to charge, the clock starts ticking, with all the deadlines that come attached to that. Until they file charges, they can investigate and build their case at their own pace. once those charges are filed, deadlines and discovery disclosures come into play.

At least I am hoping that is the delay in charges. It usually is IMO

This conversation comes up in almost every thread I have followed. He is in jail. He is detained, where they can find him at a moments notice. Once they file charges for murder or whatever they hope to charge, the clock starts ticking, with all the deadlines that come attached to that. Until they file charges, they can investigate and build their case at their own pace. once those charges are filed, deadlines and discovery disclosures come into play.

At least I am hoping that is the delay in charges. It usually is IMO

Well, yeah, he's not going anywhere. I am sure he has rape charges on the horizon, too.

I am surprised the manner of death for TS has not been revealed.

Just wondering if the COD hasn't been released because there still may be some questioning that LE wants to do? Doesn't want media to do some kind of poor reporting story (which we know they do) and botch up what LE wants to know?

Or maybe LE is just checking all avenues to make sure there was no one else who "helped" JSE in the murder - pre, during or after?

Or maybe LE is just simply getting all their ducks in a row so that there is no reasonable doubt and that they have a solid case against JSE.

MOO. LE is still investigating the whos, the whens, the hows. Once they have followed all their leads and are making no more forward progress they will hand over their file to DA, who will decide what charges need filed against whom.

The patience is hard. I am still working on it. But I am trying.

Just wondering if the COD hasn't been released because there still may be some questioning that LE wants to do? Doesn't want media to do some kind of poor reporting story (which we know they do) and botch up what LE wants to know?

Or maybe LE is just checking all avenues to make sure there was no one else who "helped" JSE in the murder - pre, during or after?

Or maybe LE is just simply getting all their ducks in a row so that there is no reasonable doubt and that they have a solid case against JSE.

I, for one, hope JE spend many years enjoying long, solo walks around his prison cell! LOL

I'm guessing there is confusion as to "who" the murderer is! I see them (JE & BMS) "cleaning" the scene. JE thinks he is smart. Does anyone know if he even has an IQ? Is there anything to derive a quotient from?

I, for one, hope JE spend many years enjoying long, solo walks around his prison cell! LOL

I'm guessing there is confusion as to "who" the murderer is! I see them (JE & BMS) "cleaning" the scene. JE thinks he is smart. Does anyone know if he even has an IQ? Is there anything to derive a quotient from?

For some reason, I don't think his IQ is low. He may have a low emotional IQ and have mental issues, but I just can't picture TS being attracted to a dummo. I think he was calculating and manipulative and schmoozed his way in..pulling the wool over both of them...grammie and the rest of the grounded people not involved emotionally, as TS and BS were, saw right through it. JMO

NEW RULES: Please read this POST, you will be held responsible for it's content!

BMS is a 12 year old girl. She has lost her mother and she was allegedly kidnapped and taken across the country.

I am sure there is much more to this story, and hopefully we will get details at some point. Maybe when they lay additional charges against JE.

Until LE or MSM gives us a reason, there is to be NO blaming, bashing or speculating about BMS. If blaming or bashing BMS continues, posts will be removed and the poster will be recommended for a timeout.

This is important and I'm asking everyone to understand and try to put themselves in the spot of a 12-year that has been faced with some terrifying experiences in the last month or two.

If LE or MSM provide information that implicates BMS in anyway, then this rule will change, but until then BMS is a VICTIM and she is to be treated as such.

So to be clear - speculation, theories, opinions and rumors that speak badly of this child or implicate her or blame her WILL BE removed and TOs will be recommended.

Please let me or any mod know if you have questions and please feel free to send an alert if LE or MSM provide information pertinent to this posting rule.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

Salem

For some reason, I don't think his IQ is low. He may have a low emotional IQ and have mental issues, but I just can't picture TS being attracted to a dummo. I think he was calculating and manipulative and schmoozed his way in..pulling the wool over both of them...grammie and the rest of the grounded people not involved emotionally, as TS and BS were, saw right through it. JMO

I don't think his IQ is low either...I think he probably has some learning disabilities. And all of the attendant crutches that accompany undiagnosed and/or unremediated learning disabilities...charm, high sociability, emotional immaturity, drug use, explosive temper, under-employment, etc.

Merry Christmas to all my friends I've met here during this case. I hope you and your families have a wonderful and blessed holiday season.

:bump: I am reading backwards but this looks handy right about now!

NEW RULES: Please read this POST, you will be held responsible for it's content!

BMS is a 12 year old girl. She has lost her mother and she was allegedly kidnapped and taken across the country.

I am sure there is much more to this story, and hopefully we will get details at some point. Maybe when they lay additional charges against JE.

Until LE or MSM gives us a reason, there is to be NO blaming, bashing or speculating about BMS. If blaming or bashing BMS continues, posts will be removed and the poster will be recommended for a timeout.

This is important and I'm asking everyone to understand and try to put themselves in the spot of a 12-year that has been faced with some terrifying experiences in the last month or two.

If LE or MSM provide information that implicates BMS in anyway, then this rule will change, but until then BMS is a VICTIM and she is to be treated as such.

So to be clear - speculation, theories, opinions and rumors that speak badly of this child or implicate her or blame her WILL BE removed and TOs will be recommended.

Please let me or any mod know if you have questions and please feel free to send an alert if LE or MSM provide information pertinent to this posting rule.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

Salem

Not sure if this has been posted yet.
http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13657676

Seems like the reason LE is not focusing on BS and the kidnapping is that they are looking at the homicide investigation for TS. Makes sense. BS is safe at home with her dad, and the more time she spends in "normalcy", the more she will be able to talk, with distance, about what happened.

I have to agree that published theories and suppositions need to leave BS out of it, until LE opens that door. I can think and ponder and sleuth on my own, but I won't be posting anything.

This thread has gotten so quiet. But there's been nothing to discuss as the media has gone silent for now. Happy New Year everyone and I'll see you when the trial begins!

Has Jeffrey Easley been charged with Tina's murder?
Has a COD been released?
I agree this case has been so quiet.

I'm still here, but no new information. All we can do is wait .....

I'm still here too, very interested in more details. Guess it will be a wait and see kinda thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back