Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way to know if that's true or not.

Horace, you are so right! I had stated, and you disagreed, that "Travis died because he could not take the life of another to even protect himself"

I do agree that there is not way to know if that is true or not. But it's to me........did gun or knife come first. Doesn't matter!

This was a fallback to she merely did kill him and he could not protect himself AT ALL! To me, I fathom putting myself into his shoes, how someone could do this that I loved and was unexpected.... but perhaps I should not as you point out.

Thanks for pointing out the second scenario which is the most prevalent one here at WS........I was merely doing a backup and taking into consideration the SHOCK that someone had when someone was trying to kill him..........and they Travis could not fathom to kill the other person to protect himself...........

but your opinion is indeed most popular on this forum......... that he didn't even have the chance to make that decision!

Praying for Justice for Travis!

I read the minute entries and there's more than one as I recall regarding a plea. It seemed clear to me at the time that the reason was that a particular person had to agree, and it wasn't Juan. There was something rescheduled to potentially accommodate the person who did have authority to agree, but I don't remember his name. I'm not making it up to be "mean" to Juan. He's an assistant prosecutor and this is a dp case, so it doesn't surprise me that his superior would make that decision.

The tweets say that the State, and the State and the family refused a plea. Even though the State doesn't have to listen to the family, everyone here knows that both of those things are true. The family wants the DP and the State wants it to. Neither was willing to accept a plea or offer a different deal in compromise. Including life with or without parole.

Not directed at you. I find it odd that the same people who complain that Juan overcharged this case and were blaming him for months/years, even during this trial, will be the first ones to try to belittle him and say he's an "assistant prosector" and has no say in anything.

Peeps can't have it both ways. Thanks for clearing it up.

Hmmm...I remember him saying that some of the seats were stained with what appeared to be red Kool-Aid. No floor mats and substantially more miles than he expected given she said she planned to use the car locally. Maybe I was in a fog. :)

It's always referred to as kool-aid colored stains.....No specific color named

Here's a few example links....

and returned it with "Kool-Aid"-colored stains and missing floor mats, prosecutors said in court today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jurys-questions-suggest-doubt-investigation/story?id=18229073

The rental agent testified that the car appeared to have "Kool-Aid" stains on the passenger seat and back seat and all the floor mats were gone.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

How does HLN choose the "jurors" for this joke of a show, anyway? I'm being serious. Some of these people make me question humanity.

They put the number on their screen each evening. Don't take the calls that evening, then they say can we queue you up tomorrow.......or specifically pick those that are opposing to the norm. Also, they hired an agency to get folks to do the "opposite" of most for rating. It is all "marketing" for the show. Moo.

Just tonight.... rediculous as to questions as to what was the one word as to why the delay on jury verdict.

They were so full of )(*&)(*&....with the exception of Beth Karas, who said that the reason they jury did not send in verdict today was because they were being DILIGENT!. Yep, Beth has my vote.

Im not speaking to the aspects of the Alexander family in your post. With all due respect Linask, that must be a CA thing as it relates to the statement "it is not up to the family". I was a victim of a violent crime and I was consulted and actually asked if me and my family if we were "okay" or found XYZ acceptable with every decision the prosecution made in relation to charges and prosecution of the perpetrator--maybe that is how they do things in Texas. IDK it is likely that each state is different
I was a victim of a violent crime in CA, the DO ask for your approval, and they do consult with you. At least, MY DA did...even though he was the "State". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva