Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a jury once. I couldn't believe how heated it got. One juror even made racial remarks. I was so glad when it was over! Hopefully they are a much more cohesive group. I really did feel they could come to a verdict in one day. Murder 1 is so obvious to me and I :please: there is not one juror that is refusing to budge.

I have been doing extensive scrubbing, dusting and cleaning here.
I sure hope when I wake up tomorrow I haven't scrubbed the finish off any furniture. :hot::panic::waiting::sweep:

Every time I've been called in for jury duty, it somehow comes up that my father was a detective. It seems that defense teams don't like that for some reason, so I'm always washed out during the selection process.

It would have been nice to hear his comments oh you know, back right after that verdict when we were all devastated. It might have been nice to know that he thought she should have been convicted too.

Don't know why it bugs me that he's just now opening up about it and making the rounds it seems.

They said on the Today show he's talking now because all the appeals and stuff like that is over so he can talk. I am personally very glad to hear his thoughts. I wish we didn't have to wait so long.

It would have been nice to hear his comments oh you know, back right after that verdict when we were all devastated. It might have been nice to know that he thought she should have been convicted too.

Don't know why it bugs me that he's just now opening up about it and making the rounds it seems.

You know what though, Casey has poked her head out a bit lately, I'm glad he's speaking out since he basically has been saying she was manipulative and two-faced .. he's saying without saying that she should have been convicted, he said the state proved their case in his opinion.

If we don't get a verdict in the next half hour, it will be tomorrow.

I read that in Arizona the jury receives wage reimbursement up to a verified $300 a day for extended trials such as this one. So they receive more than the normal $12 a day for a shorter trial.

I sat on a jury in Texas for a week and was paid $7 a day.
Yes, there is a lengthy trial claim form that jurors can submit for lost wages, etc. for trials that go beyond five days.

Wanted to post so I can see if I changed my profile pic right. I hope justice comes soon.

Didn't do it right. I'll keep trying.

:seeya: Holy COW- Guests, come on in, the water is fine!!! Sign up and tell us your thoughts...the wait for the verdict is brutal.

I very distinctly heard Juan discuss the lack of blood anywhere in the house outside the master suite and how she ditched the bloody socks during closing arguments. There was no blood in the bedroom itself. He disputes the existence of the rope, but said if there had been a rope in the bedroom that she scooped up, why was there no blood on the carpet? He also brought up the lack of blood on the bottle of Clorox.
There was such an abundance of evidence in this case. I do remember the bloody socks argument, I don't remember the bloody hands/coming out of the fog argument. I'm sure it was brought up, it just didn't stand out to me until now.

OK, so every verdict I've ever been waiting for has come while I was in my car...I have to go out tonight @ about 6:45 ET, so you can expect a verdict around that time.

.....why don't you go for a little spin now....just to practice....:floorlaugh:

That is exactly how I felt. I was so angry for a couple of days. I guess that's why I am so nervous right now.

I can remember when Pres. Kennedy was shot (I was like 5), I can remember where I was when I heard Elvis had died, I can remember a lot of things, but NOTHING like the day I heard that verdict. Nothing.

If it's true that laughter was heard from jurors -- then it sounds like they Are in agreement about major issues, seems that they're feeling lighthearted/not experiencing major disputes. Hopefully this is the way it's going -- the Alexander family must be under such stress right now!!

I hope that is true.

So last night in honor of Cinco de Mayo I cooked tacos. I ate nearly a half a jar of jalapenos on them and they still weren't hot enough! I guess I just haven't found the right brand of jalapenos.

Oh...and redneck Cinco de Mayo

View attachment 33462

I go to a local Mexican market and get a brand of whole jalapenos called Embasa. They're pretty hot, not thermonuclear hot but hot enough.

I just realized, I haven't heard the word "approach" in three days!

There goes my drinking game!

Omg I needed that cackle giggle! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I pray the jury didn't hear the "snapped" rational Nurmi offered. People often remember most what they hear last.

I'm not too worried about the "snapped" theory of KN's. The jury knows the facts, the stolen gun of the same caliber used to kill TA, the phone turned off, the gas cans, hair color, license plates and rental car. IMO, they'll find she was too well prepared for a "snap".

It was wonderful last night to hear Chris Hughes say that he and Sky got into Travis' email and read, every single exchange between he and Jodi, thousands of them, and over the years, NOT ONE, not one mention of abuse, pedophilia, etc. He also said that in all of the years of exchanges the only time Travis ever spoke to Jodi in the manner he did that Nurmi has quoted and ALV used as her proof of abuse, was on the one day, the day he was done with her.

He read that Jodi told Travis in an email she denied stealing his journals and she denied to him that she is the one who slit his tires. So we know that he did accuse her of those things.

I wonder, since it was Gus that gave Jodi that phone, the Helio that the sex was recorded on, if indeed Jodi told Travis, that perhaps since it may be on his account, too, that although she physically lost the phone, she worried that Gus may somehow have access to the recording, if his account backs things up, etc. We do know from his interviews that Gus was telling her, look Travis is just using you for sex, while he is dating the Good Mormon Girls who are marriage material. You are being used, etc. I also noticed that he seemed to loathe the Hughes and Travis. It would not surprise me at all if he told her, why don't you record him , and share it with the potential future wives. Since Gus worked with him, Travis would consider Jodi having gone to stay with him for a weekend and discuss a Travis, in any way, quite a betrayal.

I agree with Chris, it was some sort of blackmail about the phone sex. I think the jury, gets it.

BBM
There is a direct relationship between an animal left behind by it's owner or vice versa. I believe our animals bear a piece of their owners soul, and again, vice versa. Ever read the Rainbow Bridge? Travis and Napolean will be reunited soon there. Napolean would surely like justice for his "Person".

^ So glad you said this RadarLuv. I often think of Deanna and how hard it will be for her when Napolean passes away. I know because, following the death of my mother, I inherited her beloved chihuahua. When he passed away 6 years later, not only had I lost a dear pet that I loved and adored, I felt as though I had also lost the last remaining piece/part of my mother.

JMO ~

I go to a local Mexican market and get a brand of whole jalapenos called Embasa. They're pretty hot, not thermonuclear hot but hot enough.

I'm such a poor Mexican. In a family of 12
I just ate sardines and stayed home lol but I was I'll so I have a reason
:floorlaugh:
You must like habanero s and potato chips, Cheetos flaming hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroLosses