Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Byers was ever a prime suspect. With Hobbs we have DNA.. we have conflicting accounts and we have behavior that is not really how a concerned father would act.

Paradise Lost 2 tried to paint him as a prime suspect. The bite mark, the tooth removal, his extremely checkered past -- and lets not forget the trace amount of blood on the knife Byers gave to HBO that, was said, could've been a match for his son, Chris. On paper (and I stress, on paper) he still seems like a better suspect than Hobbs, at least in my eyes.

The one damning piece against Hobbs is the report that he didn't tell his wife that her son was missing until picking her up at work at 9 or 10 that night -- it's vaguely reminiscent of Casey Anthony not notifying anyone of her daughter missing for a prolonged time (months, was it?). There is no excuse for that on so many levels, not only on an emotional, instinctual level, but particularly when you're supposedly searching high and low for the kid. It not only defies human emotion, and all paternal instinct/love, but also logic.

I don't think Byers was ever a prime suspect. With Hobbs we have DNA.. we have conflicting accounts and we have behavior that is not really how a concerned father would act.

It's not DNA specific to Terry Hobbs ..

The case against Hobbs rests on a hair found on one of the shoelace used to tie up Michael Moore. The Damien Echols defense team had this hair tested for DNA in 2006-2007 (see Exhibit AA). That DNA testing narrowed the possible sources of that hair to about 1.5% of the population, which included Terry Hobbs and excluded Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley.

WM3 supporters called this “new DNA evidence that proves the WM3 were innocent”. Some even called it proof that Terry Hobbs was the real killer.

The Echols defense tested another hair taken from a tree stump at the crime scene. That DNA test (see Exhibit BB) narrowed the possible sources of that hair to about 7% of the population, which included Hobbs’ friend David Jacoby and excluded Hobbs, Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley.

Defense lawyers for the WM3 have been pushing alternative theories and alternative suspects for years. That’s what good defense lawyers do, and Damien Echols has very good lawyers working for him. But intelligent people should recognize the Terry Hobbs fiasco for what it is — a smear campaign designed to help set the real killers free.

http://wm3truth.com/new-alternative-suspect-terry-hobbs/

What the defense lawyers were doing, as Baez did with the Casey Anthony case, as Johnny Cochran did with OJ Simpson, was creating 'reasonable doubt' it is not enough to convict anybody, it is just presenting an alternative scenario which says .. Isn't it POSSIBLE that this may have happened? Taking that argument beyond the courtroom and accusing the individual targeted is unfair to that person. People need to see this for what it is, a strategy.

The case against Hobbs rests on a hair found on one of the shoelace used to tie up Michael Moore. The Damien Echols defense team had this hair tested for DNA in 2006-2007 (see Exhibit AA). That DNA testing narrowed the possible sources of that hair to about 1.5% of the population, which included Terry Hobbs and excluded Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley.

WM3 supporters called this “new DNA evidence that proves the WM3 were innocent”. Some even called it proof that Terry Hobbs was the real killer.

The Echols defense tested another hair taken from a tree stump at the crime scene. That DNA test (see Exhibit BB) narrowed the possible sources of that hair to about 7% of the population, which included Hobbs’ friend David Jacoby and excluded Hobbs, Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley.

Defense lawyers for the WM3 have been pushing alternative theories and alternative suspects for years. That’s what good defense lawyers do, and Damien Echols has very good lawyers working for him. But intelligent people should recognize the Terry Hobbs fiasco for what it is — a smear campaign designed to help set the real killers free.

What the defense lawyers were doing, as Baez did with the Casey Anthony case, as Johnny Cochran did with OJ Simpson, was creating 'reasonable doubt' it is not enough to convict anybody, it is just presenting an alternative scenario which says .. Isn't it POSSIBLE that this may have happened? Taking that argument beyond the courtroom and accusing the individual targeted is unfair to that person. People need to see this for what it is, a strategy.

IT is DNA that includes Terry Hobbs but not any of the WM3. That is enough for me to think he needs to be arrested and investigated.

I guess everyone has that "Aha!" moment in this case. For me, his diction in that interview is pretty par for the course in his other interviews I've seen and doesn't really put up any red flags, but I always found this video odd as far as Hobbs goes. At the 7:15 mark, you can actually hear him swallow hard when he attributes the murders to satanism -- the classic telltale sign of lying; and the guy just looks like he's going to poop a brick he's so nervous. West Memphis Three - Geraldo Special Report 1994 Part 5 - YouTube

Now I certainly don't identify with those people who are absolutely convinced Hobbs is 100% guilty, but just about everything about him in those Geraldo clips looks suspicious -- i.e. his body language, his weird lack of emotion, mannerisms, etc.
BBM - He did the exact same thing when Jessie was pronounced guilty. There's a video on you tube called Terry Hobbs in 3 Minutes or Less. It's around the 1:33 mark. Sorry, I don't have the link, posting from an iPad.

Yeah I'm sorry that's bunk. None of the hair belonged to echols or baldwin, the circumstances mean that it was most likely hobbs, and given that the idea of secondary transfer surviving days of physical activity and tying and being submerged in water while primary transfer didn't is contradictory I have to say that it actually isn't a smear campaign. Smart people recognize the terry hobbs evidence for what it is- proof that the wm3 probably didn't do it and that hobbs should be investigating. The hair isn't the only proof; hob's behavior, contradictory answers etc are also proof that he should be looked into. WM3truth is always and has always been unreliable.

Yeah I'm sorry that's bunk. None of the hair belonged to echols or baldwin, the circumstances mean that it was most likely hobbs, and given that the idea of secondary transfer surviving days of physical activity and tying and being submerged in water while primary transfer didn't is contradictory I have to say that it actually isn't a smear campaign. Smart people recognize the terry hobbs evidence for what it is- proof that the wm3 probably didn't do it and that hobbs should be investigating. The hair isn't the only proof; hob's behavior, contradictory answers etc are also proof that he should be looked into. WM3truth is always and has always been unreliable.

I guess I can only speak for myself here: I certainly agree that Hobbs should and should have been thoroughly investigated in this case. Where we may differ on the issue is that, I don't feel the hair strand definitively proves Hobbs' guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Even though it could be argued that the 1% hair evidence is stronger than anything that convicted WM3, at the end of the day, it is still circumstantial evidence, at best.

On another note, as far as the 7% strand found at the tree stump -- I don't find anything compelling about that "evidence" at all, personally. The 1% strand -- yes (particularly in that it was found interwoven in a binding) -- but that 7% strand -- absolutely not. I think that 7% strand was a way by the Defense to shore up their evidence. That area was a known hangout for teens and partying; not to mention, it was saturated with searchers that day; that tree stump hair could've come from anybody.

LOVE the handle by the way! Welcome!

Thanks Scarlett.

I agree completely on the possible involvement of the WMPD (Clarke White and many other things), maybe even higher forces. I am sometimes even tempted to believe that the police were physically involved in the homicides, possibly helping to get rid of evidence. Although I think Terry Hobbs is one of the main suspects, I would not put my hand in the fire for it. There are so many suspects, so many lies, so many open questions. It seems like, if you use a stick in a West Memphis pond, a lot of dirt comes to the surface.

Thanks Scarlett.

I agree completely on the possible involvement of the WMPD (Clarke White and many other things), maybe even higher forces. I am sometimes even tempted to believe that the police were physically involved in the homicides, possibly helping to get rid of evidence. Although I think Terry Hobbs is one of the main suspects, I would not put my hand in the fire for it. There are so many suspects, so many lies, so many open questions. It seems like, if you use a stick in a West Memphis pond, a lot of dirt comes to the surface.

Could not agree more, especially when you hear some of these stories out there. I read somewhere (I'm not sure if this is 100% true, mind you -- I think I read this on another message board) that a few days after the boys were discovered, Pam Hobbs herself walked through the discovery site and found a wooden table-leg. There were marks on one of the boys heads that could have been consistent with a similar object. According to her, she brought it to the WMPD, and like so many conveniently misplaced items in this case, it simply disappeared and was never spoken of again.

I know a police department can be incompetent, but I have a hard time believing any PD could be THAT incompetent.

When I see the level of ineptitude and eagerness to prosecute these 3 without any real proof, I become concerned about corruption in this case. No doubt.

When I see the level of ineptitude and eagerness to prosecute these 3 without any real proof, I become concerned about corruption in this case. No doubt.

My in laws are in WM, I dont even want to get pulled over there, it really is the "small town good ol boy" area my Grandmas family lives there also, I always got a" Im too progressive to live there" feeling , I have to go next month, I never look foward to it, now mind you , there are some really good people there, I just wouldnt want to have to deal with the "system" there:twocents:

My in laws are in WM, I dont even want to get pulled over there, it really is the "small town good ol boy" area my Grandmas family lives there also, I always got a" Im too progressive to live there" feeling , I have to go next month, I never look foward to it, now mind you , there are some really good people there, I just wouldnt want to have to deal with the "system" there:twocents:

Kind of My cousin Vinny huh?? :)

It is a shame, but in this case I really think they showed us the worst of the worst when it comes to local govt.

Kind of My cousin Vinny huh?? :)

It is a shame, but in this case I really think they showed us the worst of the worst when it comes to local govt.

EXACTLY!!!! lol:floorlaugh:

and it is a shame but not surprising!!!

I'm not sure if the wmpd is incompetent. I'm fairly sure that they are corrupt. The lost evidence could have been lost on purpose, you know. Just a thought.

I guess everyone has that "Aha!" moment in this case. For me, his diction in that interview is pretty par for the course in his other interviews I've seen and doesn't really put up any red flags, but I always found this video odd as far as Hobbs goes. At the 7:15 mark, you can actually hear him swallow hard when he attributes the murders to satanism -- the classic telltale sign of lying; and the guy just looks like he's going to poop a brick he's so nervous. West Memphis Three - Geraldo Special Report 1994 Part 5 - YouTube

Now I certainly don't identify with those people who are absolutely convinced Hobbs is 100% guilty, but just about everything about him in those Geraldo clips looks suspicious -- i.e. his body language, his weird lack of emotion, mannerisms, etc.

His body language, lack of emotion, mannerisms and inappropriate reactions were even more disgusting in his deposition. I would have loved to have seen the attorneys push his buttons a little bit instead of just asking questions. Something tells me it would be relatively easy to get this guy to blow his top.

One is in denial or have an agenda if they think that hair is anyone's besides Hobbs. Plain and simple. Arguing it was secondary transfer or whatever is one thing, but it's inane to suggest it's not Hobbs' hair.

Arguing it was secondary transfer or whatever is one thing

I don't have an issue with people trying to defend the secondary transfer per say, what I have issues with is the lack of primary transfer from any of the long haired drunk teenagers running around killing children but plenty of secondary.

I don't have an issue with people trying to defend the secondary transfer per say, what I have issues with is the lack of primary transfer from any of the long haired drunk teenagers running around killing children but plenty of secondary.

Don't disagree. I might agree or disagree with secondary transfer arguments but at least they have a basis to them. Trying to make arguments that the hair isn't Hobbs' hair is inane.

Don't disagree. I might agree or disagree with secondary transfer arguments but at least they have a basis to them. Trying to make arguments that the hair isn't Hobbs' hair is inane.

Agreed!!

that a few days after the boys were discovered, Pam Hobbs herself walked through the discovery site and found a wooden table-leg. There were marks on one of the boys heads that could have been consistent with a similar object. According to her, she brought it to the WMPD, and like so many conveniently misplaced items in this case, it simply disappeared and was never spoken of again.

I know a police department can be incompetent, but I have a hard time believing any PD could be THAT incompetent.

Didn't know this. Another story that evokes endless speculation!

TH told us in his 2007 interview, that he had 2 cars, and a truck at the time of the murders. I wasn't aware about the truck. Did a bit of investigation, but i'm not really as good at it as my name suggests I might be.I'm a bit more like Peter Sellers as "Inspector Clouseau" actually. I only found 2 connections to the truck.

This one here:
http://www.avclub.com/article/iwest-of-memphis-isubject-damien-echols-on-his-mur-91268

And then the Pam Hobbs declaration from 2007.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/p_hobbs_declaration1.html

Interesting, from point 41 to 51 the car turned into a truck. Yet another point for endless speculation!

My question: Does anyone know what type of truck this was, or know any other useful information about it. Maybe someone can point to a photo with a similar Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz