Identified! WA - Auburn, WhtFem 14-19, 98UFWA, Ridgway Victim, Jan'86 - Lori Anne Razpotnik

I wrote this case and the other two into the DNA Doe Project’s suggestion box. They have a lot of other cases they’re working on of course but maybe if enough people suggest it, they’ll think about it.
Put the pressure on the agency that handles JD B-14's case as well, since it's the agencies that usually reaches out to DDP and initiate contact.

Hey everyone, I did a bit of digging earlier in the year on some Canadian Missing Person Databases to see if there were any potential matches to B-14, and came across a particular woman who bears a close resemblance to the reconstruction.

The Doe Network: Case File 921DFBC

"Marlene Abigosis was last seen in March of 1984 in Vancouver's downtown eastside and lived a high-risk lifestyle. Known to work near the docks, clients that owned boats would take Marlene with them on trips to Washington State and Vancouver Island on occasion."

A couple of the physical characteristics do match up quite snugly, (in addition to corroborating Ridgway's claim that this victim was killed sometime after Kimi-Kai Pistor in April of 1983 and added to the cluster with Sandra Major), especially with the height and weight approximations, but Marlene's age is quite an outlier to the estimated age of B-14. I have seen cases where age estimations have been off, but I don't know how accurate the anthropologist's estimation is. I contacted both King's County back in February and Vancouver yesterday through email, and while I haven't heard back from either, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Hey everyone, I did a bit of digging earlier in the year on some Canadian Missing Person Databases to see if there were any potential matches to B-14, and came across a particular woman who bears a close resemblance to the reconstruction.

"Marlene Abigosis was last seen in March of 1984 in Vancouver's downtown eastside and lived a high-risk lifestyle. Known to work near the docks, clients that owned boats would take Marlene with them on trips to Washington State and Vancouver Island on occasion."

A couple of the physical characteristics do match up quite snugly, (in addition to corroborating Ridgway's claim that this victim was killed sometime after Kimi-Kai Pistor in April of 1983 and added to the cluster with Sandra Major), especially with the height and weight approximations, but Marlene's age is quite an outlier to the estimated age of B-14. I have seen cases where age estimations have been off, but I don't know how accurate the anthropologist's estimation is. I contacted both King's County back in February and Vancouver yesterday through email, and while I haven't heard back from either, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.
Yes the age is quite off, but the rest of the information seems to line up. Did you call Kings County? If Marlene has DNA in Namus then she would have been automatically checked with this Jane doe once entered into the database.

I recently called to check another missing girl with this Jane doe and the woman in charge of this case was extremely helpful. She pulled up the jane doe’s dental records and DNA along with my missing girls dentals and DNA and compared them right there on the phone with me. My missing girl was ruled out. The person I talked with was very appreciative that I called and said every rule out helps lead to the right match.

Yes the age is quite off, but the rest of the information seems to line up. Did you call Kings County? If Marlene has DNA in Namus then she would have been automatically checked with this Jane doe once entered into the database.

I recently called to check another missing girl with this Jane doe and the woman in charge of this case was extremely helpful. She pulled up the jane doe’s dental records and DNA along with my missing girls dentals and DNA and compared them right there on the phone with me. My missing girl was ruled out. The person I talked with was very appreciative that I called and said every rule out helps lead to the right match.

I did call King's County a couple of times and was referred to talk with a representative through email, but I could give it another go and bug them about it. Marlene isn't in NamUs, and even if she did go missing in the U.S., I do question if her family provided a DNA sample since there isn't any mention of DNA on hand.

Sorry to hear that your suggestion didn't pan out with B-14, but it's amazing to hear that her case handler is so on top of things, that type of dedication is so incredible. Could you perhaps DM me the contact information of the person you ended up contacting?

I did call King's County a couple of times and was referred to talk with a representative through email, but I could give it another go and bug them about it. Marlene isn't in NamUs, and even if she did go missing in the U.S., I do question if her family provided a DNA sample since there isn't any mention of DNA on hand.

Sorry to hear that your suggestion didn't pan out with B-14, but it's amazing to hear that her case handler is so on top of things, that type of dedication is so incredible. Could you perhaps DM me the contact information of the person you ended up contacting?
Yes I’ll message you the contact.

Last edited:
Copying and pasting from my conversation with @insearchoflight:

I finally got back to the Major Crimes Unit and talked with Sergeant McNabb, who was the person that I initially relaid my suggestion to at the beginning of the year. He had told me that the "resident Green River expert" had ended up ruling Abigosis out as the identity for B-17.

We continued to talk more about the investigative parameters a bit in regards to the lack of international input from CODIS, especially with Canada about 2 and a half hours away from Seattle, and that some more public outcry for the database to expand. We also talked about Amina Agisheff and her case, who said that her file was in the major crimes unit since the cold case unit had disbanded back in 2012... which they applied for a loan to (presumably) the city and will hear back from them at the end of the year, which I hope they get.

McNabb also knows about the DNA Doe Project and is hopefully going to send off DNA samples from the UIDs of Gary, so hopefully, the girls can get their names back this way.

Copying and pasting from my conversation with @insearchoflight:

I finally got back to the Major Crimes Unit and talked with Sergeant McNabb, who was the person that I initially relaid my suggestion to at the beginning of the year. He had told me that the "resident Green River expert" had ended up ruling Abigosis out as the identity for B-17.

We continued to talk more about the investigative parameters a bit in regards to the lack of international input from CODIS, especially with Canada about 2 and a half hours away from Seattle, and that some more public outcry for the database to expand. We also talked about Amina Agisheff and her case, who said that her file was in the major crimes unit since the cold case unit had disbanded back in 2012... which they applied for a loan to (presumably) the city and will hear back from them at the end of the year, which I hope they get.

McNabb also knows about the DNA Doe Project and is hopefully going to send off DNA samples from the UIDs of Gary, so hopefully, the girls can get their names back this way.
Hey that’s great about the DNA Doe Project thing! Did they contact him or did he contact them? Thank you for sharing.

Hi. I’m not sure how I even came across this database. Maybe this will help someone.idk. Someone has done a lot of work on it. I believe I came across it looking for missing native American women. I hope someone will understand how to edit.i used to be very proficient in excel and lotus spreadsheeets. It’s like riding a bike. I can review and help. I’m not sure how to ask permisssion I have a few more if this helps.
JFNW Master List, Fix

Is this article applicable?
The Story of Marlene
Throughout the presentation, Hill shared several stories about indigenous women who faced violence, abduction, human trafficking and other attacks. One Northern Cheyenne woman she knew, whom she referred to as “Marlene,” went missing, was found half-clothed in a Spokane alley and was taken to the hospital.

“Marlene died,” Hill said. “No investigation, nothing in our newspapers, nothing in our TVs. Again we disappear.”

The incident involving “Marlene” occurred four months ago.

Some Stats
The statistics Hill presented, from the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), showed that 84.3 percent of Indian and Alaska Native women have experienced violence in their lifetime and one-third of all American Indian will be raped in their lifetime. She also showed that the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) found that, as of 2016, 5,712 American Indian and Alaskan Native women and girls were reported missing.

One issue, Hill described, involved critical issues of tribal jurisdiction, including the Supreme Court ruling on Oliphant v. Suquamish Indian Tribe, which stated tribes have no criminal jurisdiction over non-natives. Other issues included shortage of tribal law enforcement, institutional racism, federal, FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office often declining to prosecute, state patrol telling tribes their insurance won’t cover activities on reservation, and others. However, she later said that she has seen a change in the U.S. Attorney’s Office where they are responding to cases happening on reservations and prosecuting perpetrators.
https://spokanefavs.com/missing-murdered-indigenous-women-focus-of-talk-at-gu/

Here's to hoping Jane Doe B-17 is in the DDP's pipeline in the nearest future, since two other (alleged) GRK victims are DDP cases (Jane Doe B-20 and Tukwila Jane Doe).
Seconded, DNA Doe Project was critical in helping identify Wendy Stephens (formerly known as Jane Doe B-10 while she was unidentified). I think if they take on her case they can identify JDB-17 along with the rest .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back