WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

Also, Lindsay Baum went missing not to far from here too. If it would be her, my God would that mean she was alive till two months ago? Sure hope they find out soon.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sound/425831_sound101690778.html

Detective Ed Wallace with the Island County Sheriff's Office said the foot appears to be from a juvenile or a woman, based on its size. He said it's estimated that the foot has been in the water less than two months.

Me: Dear Lord, Please don't let this be Kyron. RIP whomever this foot belongs too.

I hope it isn't Kyron either and doubt it is. I am wondering what the possibilities are:

From Portland to Seattle it is 144 miles. Whidbey Island is 18.5 miles NW of Seattle. So I would guestimate it at about 160 miles north of Astoria, Ore where the Columbia meets the Pacific Ocean.

One would have to know how the tides work to see if it is possible his remains could end up that far N. I think if he were put into the Multnomah Channel he certainly could have drifted up the Columbia as the river flows to the ocean. Whether or not the remains would make it all the way to the coast is even doubtful to me as anything like that usually end up being beached or hung up on something.

Having lived at the Oregon Coast for 9 years there were many people who died in the ocean during that time. I followed every case and believe the furtherest a body was found from where it entered the water was about 10 miles.

That is why the only way I believe it could be him is if his remains were taken up there and put in one of the waterways west of Seattle. IMO

I hope it isn't Kyron either and doubt it is. I am wondering what the possibilities are:

From Portland to Seattle it is 144 miles. Whidbey Island is 18.5 miles NW of Seattle. So I would guestimate it at about 160 miles north of Astoria, Ore where the Columbia meets the Pacific Ocean.

One would have to know how the tides work to see if it is possible his remains could end up that far N. I think if he were put into the Multnomah Channel he certainly could have drifted up the Columbia as the river flows to the ocean. Whether or not the remains would make it all the way to the coast is even doubtful to me as anything like that usually end up being beached or hung up on something.

Having lived at the Oregon Coast for 9 years there were many people who died in the ocean during that time. I followed every case and believe the furtherest a body was found from where it entered the water was about 10 miles.

That is why the only way I believe it could be him is if his remains were taken up there and put in one of the waterways west of Seattle. IMO

Scandi - great post, thank you.

Here is another story: http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...arch-of-missing-persons-outside-island-county

Sure doesn't rule out Lindsay if this is accurate. So sad there are so many possibilities. I hate this time in a story when info is flying fast - many errors mixed with new real details and deciphering is so hard when news is fresh.
Prayers to whomever it belongs to.

Okay, this is irreverent given the possibilities, but I thought:

Well, the global warming people were right--the ocean has risen by several feet.

(am i gonna get in trouble for this?) :blush:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Okay, this is irreverent given the possibilities, but I thought:

Well, the global warming people were right--the ocean has risen by several feet.

(am i gonna get in trouble for this?) :blush:

It IS totally irreverent, but I do love a good sense of humor!

:blushing:

What about that mother and son that went missing in washington and they recoverd the son not the mother?

Where was the bloody sock of a child found from the dog searcher man in the Kyron case?

It does sound like the possibility of Shantina Smiley though.

Scandi - great post, thank you.

Here is another story: http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...arch-of-missing-persons-outside-island-county

Sure doesn't rule out Lindsay if this is accurate. So sad there are so many possibilities. I hate this time in a story when info is flying fast - many errors mixed with new real details and deciphering is so hard when news is fresh.
Prayers to whomever it belongs to.

I agree A_News_Junkie. Prayers for the family of this person. It has to have been someone's child, someone's sister possibly, a family member to someone.

Whoever it turns out to be, their family will get the worst news of their lifes soon. Even if it is the answer to what happened to their loved one, it is still horrible news for someone.

This always breaks my heart to think about. JMHO.

Dear MODS!
I tried to copy a post and I think I might of hit allert button, disregard please!!!

I agree A_News_Junkie. Prayers for the family of this person. It has to have been someone's child, someone's sister possibly, a family member to someone.

Whoever it turns out to be, their family will get the worst news of their lifes soon. Even if it is the answer to what happened to their loved one, it is still horrible news for someone.

This always breaks my heart to think about. JMHO.

Me too and so many possibilities too - why so many, why?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Dear MODS!
I tried to copy a post and I think I might of hit allert button, disregard please!!!

While we are at it:

Dear Mods,
Thank you for merging the thread I started with this one. I swear I looked. That is why we NEED you guys - you know where everything is!
BTW - WE ALL APPRECIATE YOU even if you have to scold us sometimes!

I can't imagine it could be Kyron. I will fall over and faint if that was the case! Portland is not at the mouth of the Pacific Ocean.

Also, Lindsay Baum went missing not to far from here too. If it would be her, my God would that mean she was alive till two months ago? Sure hope they find out soon.
I thought of Lindsey Baum also.:cry:

Could the human foot found on Whidbey Island belong to Shantina Smiley?

The foot has been sent for examination and DNA testing.

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County Sheriff's office told Examiner.com Saturday that DNA on Shantina was submitted to a national database.

DNA samples from the foot will also be sent to this national database where a match would be made if it did indeed belong to Shantina.

Island County Sheriff's Department's Public Information Officer, Detective Ed Wallace, told Examiner.com in a phone interview Saturday that based on the size of the foot, it likely belonged to a woman or a 12-year-old child or older.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...arch-of-missing-persons-outside-island-county

I live in Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island. We are not on the edge of the Pacific we are in the middle of the Puget Sound.

Shantina Smiley is a great possibility but I doubt it would be Lindsay Baum.

The Whidbey News Times reports the foot was found at Crane's Landing.

Foot found on Whidbey Island beach

After the visitor found the foot in the Cranes Landing area, investigators set up a containment area around the body part and searched unsuccessfully for other evidence. Deputies may return Saturday to continue searching, Bishop said.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/101690778.html

Crane's Landing Dr. is down at Greenbank you can google map it. I'm not good with maps. It is on the eastern side of Whidbey between Whidbey Island and Camano Island.

bump .. to merge threads.

Hi everyone. We have a thread on this - the 9th now - foot found not far from the Vancouver area.

It would be nice if say we had Kyrons shoe size which could easily rule in or rule out this remote possibility.

3452508.bin

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ninth+human+foot+washes+ashore+Pacific+Northwest/3452456/story.html

This is the ninth severed human foot found on the B.C.-Washington coast since 2007.

All of the others were in running shoes.

The first severed foot, discovered in August 2007, was associated with a deceased man whose name police withheld at the request of his family. A man's right foot found on Gabriola Island in August 2007 remains unidentified. Two feet found on Valdez and Westham islands in July 2008 belonged to the same man. And two female feet found in Richmond in December 2008 belonged to the same woman.

The RCMP have said the feet in B.C. separated from the body through a natural process.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ni...ic+Northwest/3452456/story.html#ixzz0xxcEQvAV

Timeline of found feet. All but two of the feet were found in British Columbia:

• The first foot was found on Aug. 20, 2007, on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo. The right, male foot was in a Campus shoe, size 12, that is available for sale primarily in India. It was linked to a depressed man who went missing in early 2007.

• The second foot was found on Aug. 26, 2007, on Gabriola Island. The right, male foot was in a Reebok, size 12. The brand was first produced in 2004 and is no longer for sale.

• The third foot was found on Feb. 8, 2008 on Valdes Island. The right, male foot was in a blue and white Nike, size 11. The model was made between February and June 2003.

• The fourth foot was found on May 22, 2008, on Kirkland Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. The right, female foot was in a size 7 New Balance shoe. The model was made beginning in June 1999.

• The fifth foot was found on June 16, 2008, on Westham Island at the mouth of the Fraser River. The left, male foot had DNA matched with the third foot found on Valdes, but the man’s identity is unknown.

• The sixth foot was found Aug. 1, 2008, near Pysht west of Port Angeles, Wash. The right, male foot was in a men's low-rise, dark hiking-type athletic shoe, made by the Everest Shoe Co., size 11 or 12.

• The seventh foot was found Nov. 11, 2008, on a Fraser River beach in Richmond. The left, female foot had DNA matched with the fourth foot, found on Kirkland Island, and the woman was identified.

• The eighth foot was found in Richmond on Oct. 27, 2009. It was a man's right foot.

• The ninth foot was found Aug. 27, 2010, on Whitby Island in Washington State. The right, bare foot likely belongs to a woman or child, officials said.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ni...ic+Northwest/3452456/story.html#ixzz0xxcluJAu

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back