WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

This is the ninth severed human foot found on the B.C.-Washington coast since 2007.

All of the others were in running shoes.

The first severed foot, discovered in August 2007, was associated with a deceased man whose name police withheld at the request of his family. A man's right foot found on Gabriola Island in August 2007 remains unidentified. Two feet found on Valdez and Westham islands in July 2008 belonged to the same man. And two female feet found in Richmond in December 2008 belonged to the same woman.

The RCMP have said the feet in B.C. separated from the body through a natural process.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ni...ic+Northwest/3452456/story.html#ixzz0xxcEQvAV

From the above link on this most recent case.

There are no missing persons cases in the county that match the foot, Wallace said. They will reach out to surrounding areas to try to match the foot with a missing persons case, he added.

My initial thoughts would be swimming or boating accident presumed drowned search called off......... Also, have there been any other partial remains show up without a foot?

Also, if this foot is of a size which could be mistaken for a woman, did Kyron wear a shoe size large enough to be mistaken for a woman with small feet?

I would guess most boys his age would be about a boys 1-2 ? which is still too small to be mistaken for a small womans size.

A child would need to be in appx a boys size 5-6 to be mistaken for a small womans foot.

Also, if this foot is of a size which could be mistaken for a woman, did Kyron wear a shoe size large enough to be mistaken for a woman with small feet?

I would guess most boys his age would be about a boys 1-2 ? which is still too small to be mistaken for a small womans size.

A child would need to be in appx a boys size 5-6 to be mistaken for a small womans foot.

My son just turned 8 in june he is rather small for his age only weighs 60 pounds but he wears a 4 or 5.

you never know. I have to wear a children's size 3 (girls, a 2 in boys) :blushing:

but that just means if my feet were randomly found, they might be assumed to be a child's....although mine look like I have walked on them for 35 years :|

I wear a boys 5-6 and I'm about average size with average feet.

Looking at these maps it appears that the area is too terribly far from Rolf's Hideout for those that have been following Kyron's case.

My son is 7 1/2, he turns 8 in early December, he is 60lbs, 52 inches tall and wears a 4 1/2 shoe which is roughly a ladies 6 or so. I think he's a little bit bigger than Kyron. I know I tried to get him to wear a pair of ladies Old Navy flip flops that were a size 5 but his feet were too long for them, so it must be larger than a ladies 5, I'd guess 6 or maybe even 7.

I live on the East Coast.Several years ago a severed foot was found on a local beach. A fairly prominant orthopedic surgeon admitted it was probably a foot he had thrown in the waterway of the island he lived on.He kept it for teaching purposes or something, and it ended up in his freezer! He thought the crabs would get rid of it! :furious:

I've lived by a large Great Lake my entire life and have never once heard about a foot washing up on shore. Bodies, sure, but not feet. This is not a coincidence.

I wear a boys 5-6 and I'm about average size with average feet.

You and my almost 8 yr old can share shoes! lol.
My son is almost 8 and in a 5.5-6.5 boys shoe.

I've lived by a large Great Lake my entire life and have never once heard about a foot washing up on shore. Bodies, sure, but not feet. This is not a coincidence.

Coastal RI/CT/MA sometimes get feet washed up -- when a boat goes down with people on board, everything lands on the sea floor. Lightweight athletic shoes with foam midsoles are bouyant -- as scavengers and so forth cause disintegration, the shoe starts to float with the foot still inside.

bump .. to merge threads.

Hi everyone. We have a thread on this - the 9th now - foot found not far from the Vancouver area.

It would be nice if say we had Kyrons shoe size which could easily rule in or rule out this remote possibility.

The only reason I don't think Kyron is tied to this is the fact that if his step mother had anything to do with it she only had an 8 hour window, and looking at the map, even without stopping, traffic, etc. she would be an hour over the time getting back.

FYI, it apparently doesn't happen just in Canada.

THE origins of a human foot found on Cleethorpes beach by a walker continues to baffle police.

The gruesome discovery was made by a member of the public as they walked on the beach at the rear of the Boating Lake, opposite Meridian Point.

Yesterday, about ten police officers carried out a detailed search of the stretch of beach, off Kings Road, in the hunt for clues as to who the foot belongs to and how it came to be on the sand.
It is understood the foot, found on Wednesday evening at 6.25pm, could have been washed up after being in the water for some time.

A police spokesman said the foot was taken to the local mortuary for forensic examination in the hope of providing some clues.

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news...s-baffled/article-2523805-detail/article.html

and

Human foot found in Cleethorpes matches another in Holland

Two human feet found about 20 miles apart on the banks of a river have been identified and one has been linked to a third foot found in Holland, police said today.

Apparently there are three feet, two in England, one in the Netherlands. Two match each ther, one doesn't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...n-Cleethorpes-matches-another-in-Holland.html

I pondered this, thinking it was anything from gang murders to a serial killer. But my best guess is that these are the shoes of people who committed suicide. Maybe they jumped in the water, maybe they jumped off a mountain side cliff. Or they fell into a crevasse and their body washed out from the glacier when it got closer to the water?

Working link:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=943bf6e1-1f65-4419-b046-e0bbbe16b147

They ruled out:
Canadian officials, who are treating the investigation as a criminal inquiry, have so far discounted just one potential explanation: a 2005 plane crash in the Georgia Strait, from which four men are still missing. The families of the victims were told yesterday that DNA samples from their loved ones did not match any of the genuine human remains.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...eeps-canadian-detectives-guessing-851615.html

Wikipedia speculates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_human_foot_discoveries

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat