WA WA - Jared Shadeed, 27, attorney from DC, visiting Seattle, 30 Jul 2023 *car found in Los Angeles CA*

I hope he's located safe and very soon.

Is it correct to say that it's not clear if:
1) he went missing in Seattle, and his vehicle was stolen and driven to Los Angeles, or
2) he chose to leave his belongings behind and drove to Los Angeles willingly, and he went missing from there, or
3) he drove to Los Angeles but against his will, and he went missing from there?

Positive thoughts for this handsome and sweet-looking man. Our thoughts indeed are still with him and with those who love and miss him.
I have a friend who is also an immigration attorney -- they are very busy and special people, especially these days. Still hoping for good news about Jared.

A few questions:

Does anybody know why Jared quit his job (since according to one article I read it was his dream to work in DC)?

What was the purpose of his trip? Supposedly he had travelled to both Forks, WA and Los Angeles before arriving in Seattle.

Did Jared know anybody (friends or business associates) in Forks, WA, or near the place he was at in LA, or in the area of the Airbnb he arrived at in Seattle?

Had Jared been traveling from LA to Seattle, - or from some other point of origin? If he had just driven up from LA, why would he turn right around and head back (if that’s what he did)?

What does everybody think about the black tote?l bag? Why leave your phone, but bring along a black tote bag? Did he leave the phone because he wanted to avoid gps tracking?

Supposedly, some of Jared’s friends back east said they hadn’t heard from him since December.. So, how long had he been out west? Why are some friends almost acting as if it would not be unusual for him to quit and just go into the wind for 6 mos?

My guess is that after Jared dropped his stuff at the Airbnb he either: went to a gym (did he have a membership that travelled), went to grab Jared to ea / pick up some groceriest, or went to drop something off or pick something up. On that trip, think Jared may have been carjacked. A ‘22 Tiguan might’ve been an attractive target.

Could VW provide any vehicle tracking info?

Did LE check cctv of nearby restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, fast food
joints, and atms near the Airbnb location within the 3-4 hour time period after he left the Airbnb?

Would his vehicle have been picked up on plate readers or cctv at toll locations (if there are any) between Seattle and LA? Seems LE ought to at least know who was operating the vehicle.

Apparently the car had been parked at the location where it was found since August 4., 2023.

Lastly, I assume LE checked the car for: 1.) any sign of a struggle, 2.) any receipts, 3.) DNA and prints. Unless the SUV was wiped down, it seems LE would have DNA or prints.

All jmo

Hi All,

I tried to answer some of your questions but it was taken down . Not sure of how I can make it possible to give some info. We ( his friends ) haven’t heard anything in months despite trying to find updates. I picked up his belongings from his apartment but have yet to find anything significant amongst the items. I hope someone comes across this forum with information. Thank you all for your kind messages . Jared is loved so much.

Hi All,

I tried to answer some of your questions but it was taken down . Not sure of how I can make it possible to give some info. We ( his friends ) haven’t heard anything in months despite trying to find updates. I picked up his belongings from his apartment but have yet to find anything significant amongst the items. I hope someone comes across this forum with information. Thank you all for your kind messages . Jared is loved so much.

Hello. And welcome.

If you are one of Jared's friends with knowledge of his life, the case/efforts to search for him, etc, please see this page about the process to become a "verified insider". Once you are verified, you will be able to share more info that you know without it being taken down.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

I am just today seeing Jared's case. I hope he is found safe. I know all those who love him must be worried & mystified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyquanstewart699
Back